The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Are Ayr United fans confident that McCall will stay with them. With our chief executive leaving for the SFA and a lot of uncertainty regarding the future of our manager it had crossed my mind that I had wondered if McCall might consider applying for the chief executive role or if it became available the managers post?

Are Ayr United fans confident that McCall will stay with them. With our chief executive leaving for the SFA and a lot of uncertainty regarding the future of our manager it had crossed my mind that I had wondered if McCall might consider applying for the chief executive role or if it became available the managers post?

Yeah he’s not going anywhere. The way he’s talking it’s clear he wants to be here next season and is planning for it.

If he was leaving we’d have heard by now and he’s already said Ayr will be his last job in football.

7 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

Yeah he’s not going anywhere. The way he’s talking it’s clear he wants to be here next season and is planning for it.

If he was leaving we’d have heard by now and he’s already said Ayr will be his last job in football.

He’s a very good manager mate and very underrated 

do you think he has ambitions to be chairman one day even?

He seems to be getting more involved with the finances and general running of the club, so yeah maybe in the future.

I rate him but he really splits opinion with our fans which you can understand given it’s been very up and down since he arrived.

I don’t see him as a chairman but he said before if he was offered a job with Ayr after management he’d consider it.

3 minutes ago, third lanark said:

I think his ambition has gone and he is just happy being in a job now, Ayr seem to be a good fit for him and he has raised the professionalism of the club a great deal.

We had a rookie chairman (now owner)who wasn't just new to Scottish Football, but new to football in general and showed a great deal of naivete, he hired Mark Roberts and the whole thing  turned  even more rotten, we were looking like becoming a Clyde, Stirling Albion or Airdrie and bottoming out in league 1 or 2 with crowds of about  500.

McCall coming in gave the whole place a bit of a shake-up and I am sure his experience at Clydebank who were going bust, Morton who were getting pumped by Hugh Scott and Airdrie who were going bust is being used by Cameron now. 

While he didn't have an immediate impact on the team, took us up in a distant second place through the play-offs in his second year, didn't seem able to change things leading up to a relegation and has frustrated a few people this year despite having the clubs best season all told (goals, games won, trophy win, derby win) for 30 years, I still don't think you would get in to double figures of fans wanting him to leave. 

He is talking about aiming for the top four in the championship next year, which when you look at Livingston this season is achievable I would settle for a drama free, safe with about five games to go sixth place, if we got that, without Bill Barrs millions then that would be a huge success, certainly compared to any Ayr manager in recent times.  

I think his ambition has gone and he is just happy being in a job now, Ayr seem to be a good fit for him and he has raised the professionalism of the club a great deal.
We had a rookie chairman (now owner)who wasn't just new to Scottish Football, but new to football in general and showed a great deal of naivete, he hired Mark Roberts and the whole thing  turned  even more rotten, we were looking like becoming a Clyde, Stirling Albion or Airdrie and bottoming out in league 1 or 2 with crowds of about  500.
McCall coming in gave the whole place a bit of a shake-up and I am sure his experience at Clydebank who were going bust, Morton who were getting pumped by Hugh Scott and Airdrie who were going bust is being used by Cameron now. 
While he didn't have an immediate impact on the team, took us up in a distant second place through the play-offs in his second year, didn't seem able to change things leading up to a relegation and has frustrated a few people this year despite having the clubs best season all told (goals, games won, trophy win, derby win) for 30 years, I still don't think you would get in to double figures of fans wanting him to leave. 
He is talking about aiming for the top four in the championship next year, which when you look at Livingston this season is achievable I would settle for a drama free, safe with about five games to go sixth place, if we got that, without Bill Barrs millions then that would be a huge success, certainly compared to any Ayr manager in recent times.  

I think he’s still got ambitions but it’s for Ayr and he’s here out of loyalty to Cameron who revived his career.

It’s great he’s talking about playoffs but if he can make us a club who are consolidated in the Championship and are challenging in the play offs every few years then I’ll be happy.

I don’t think Lachlan was new to Scottish football given his Dad was part of the set up for decades.

Youngster Nathan Baird is to sign a pro contract in the coming week, the only youth being promoted apparently.

He’s a centre back/right back and has been playing pretty well for the 20’s at right back most of the season by all accounts.

Has been on loan at Maybole Jnrs also this year.

13 hours ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Am I the only one who thought Alain Horace was at best rather ordinary and only got the legendary status due to his terrible injury problems.

Seriously ???

18 minutes ago, DanielB said:

Youngster Nathan Baird is to sign a pro contract in the coming week, the only youth being promoted apparently.

He’s a centre back/right back and has been playing pretty well for the 20’s at right back most of the season by all accounts.

in his interview last week McCall spoke about Ellis Hare Reid and Finn Ecrepont signing during the close season. They were also part of this season's u20 squad.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

in his interview last week McCall spoke about Ellis Hare Reid and Finn Ecrepont signing during the close season. They were also part of this season's u20 squad.

Aye - he said something about Ecrepont signing once his exams were out the way.  

5 hours ago, DanielB said:

Saw him play against Morton 20s the other week, pretty sure he wasn't playing against Clyde 20s in the other game I went to.  

On that night he was probably the worst on the park, everything was just kind of going wrong for him on the night so hopefully that was just a one off, can't imagine he would be a regular for them if that was standard fare.  

I'm no taking any judgement from that and hoping someone like @callum-ayr will have something better to say 

Apparently Stirling isn’t in Naysmiths plans for next season at QoTS and both Dumbarton and us are interested in signing him.

One of those guys that can be fantastic on his day. Assuming he hasn’t done very well at Queens....

Apparently Stirling isn’t in Naysmiths plans for next season at QoTS and both Dumbarton and us are interested in signing him.
We talking about ex Stranraer Stirling?, was he not playing for Dumbarton the other night in the play off.

We talking about ex Stranraer Stirling?, was he not playing for Dumbarton the other night in the play off.

Aye he’s on loan at Dumbarton just now.

He was at Dumbarton the last time we were in the Championship as well.