The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

My driving instructor used to call White City the Ayrshire silicon valley because of multiple the satellite dishes on each building. 
On an unrelated note @Finlay21, are we likely to see any additional stock of the away tops? Noticed only a couple of sizes now showing on the shop website. 

Not sure when the next delivery is coming , pm me the size you are looking for 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

My driving instructor used to call White City the Ayrshire silicon valley because of multiple the satellite dishes on each building.

Scary to think Ayr used to have an honest-to-god electronics plant. And a fish market. And pubs. And shops.

24 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

Take it we’ll find out tomorrow if Hopkin has managed to get anyone in for Monday since wenever normally sign players over the weekend.

Would imagine it could go right down to the wire. Would be over the moon with 1 never mind 2.

To continue the pernickety argument as to where exactly Somerset is located, according to the system used by government for recording statistical information, it belongs to an area with the snappy name Lochside, Braehead and Whitletts – 06.

Decades ago, I would have taken Lochside (an area to be avoided by outsiders) to be entirely to the North of Walker Road, so Somerset wasn’t in it. Also, Braehead was sandwiched between Lochside and Whitletts Road, so not in that either. And certainly not in Whitletts.   Wallacetown was probably the closest named area.

22 minutes ago, jm86 said:

Decades ago, I would have taken Lochside (an area to be avoided by outsiders) to be entirely to the North of Walker Road, so Somerset wasn’t in it. Also, Braehead was sandwiched between Lochside and Whitletts Road, so not in that either. And certainly not in Whitletts.   Wallacetown was probably the closest named area.

Google Maps has a very weird understanding of Newton and Braehead IMO.

Untitled.png

1 hour ago, Finlay21 said:

Lots of people contacting shop to ask when Dundee Utd games is 

it’s ion Saturday 14th at 3pm , tickets on sale online and instore from start of next week , prices will be announced soon 

Do you know when the Arbroath tickets will be on sale? I have a mate from out of town who is planning to go to that match.