The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Hopefully an exciting one, potential there for it to be. If we managed to get a central midfielder in before Monday I would be pretty happy with our business tbh (and another striker following that) 

I wonder if he sticks with a 4-3-3 type formation whether O’Connor would take the place of Salkeld out wide or if he would play as part of the central midfield - almost as a ten. 

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

I wonder if he sticks with a 4-3-3 type formation whether O’Connor would take the place of Salkeld out wide or if he would play as part of the central midfield - almost as a ten. 

Get this idea out your head ,Cammy will be first name on the teamsheet .

Very pleased with this as it wouldn't be Ayr United without a Templeton, Horace, Teale, Hurst or Forrest type player who can offer that something a wee bit different, drop the shoulder and beat a player or two and get folk excited, as opposed to journeyman types who are known quantities with well defined limitations.

At the very least, it gives us the hope !!!!

Edited by WATTOO

6 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Get this idea out your head ,Cammy will be first name on the teamsheet .

Well that wasn’t what I said, in that scenario Salkeld would be as part of the central midfield in a more advanced role. Though, that would be more of a 4-2-3-1, so it depends if he feels that is too attacking. Given two of those players include Salkeld and Maxwell, who should be good at working back the way - I wouldn’t say so though. 

7 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Something like this 

Screenshot_20210728-154153.png

That’s a decent team but I can’t see Hopkin changing from the 5 at the back approach and given we haven’t conceded a goal yet I’m no convinced  he should. 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

That’s a decent team but I can’t see Hopkin changing from the 5 at the back approach and given we haven’t conceded a goal yet I’m no convinced  he should. 

We haven't been playing 5 at the back all the time. We started with 4 at the back against Edinburgh City and Hamilton.

We started with a 4 at the back v Hamilton Muirhead played midfield and did not drop back until the second half

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

This exact team for me! 

Baird, Chalmers, Moffat, Hewitt, Miller, Albinson, McKenzie

Squad really starting to take shape now when you look at it like that.

Still maybe needing a couple (midfield and striker) but not too bad at all.

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Pleased with that, buy a season ticket and we sign 2 players in 48 hours. 

Buy another and we'll all chip in !!