If no one else comes in, we’ll be something along these lines for Killie:

McAdams

Baird Muirhead McGinty

Houston                           Maxwell

Murdoch Hewitt

Salkeld                         Reading 

Adeloye

Albinson, Fjortoft, Miller, Chalmers, Moffat, McKenzie, Smith

I think we’ll go with the same back four as against Hamilton, with Muirhead in central midfield and dropping in to form a back three at times. It is an incredibly defensive side, which badly needs someone in the middle of the park who is a bit more offensive as it puts Adoleye in a very difficult positon. We could get penned in very easily. 

4 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’ve already got a squad of 19 so we’re probably only going to bring in another 3-4 unless we can offload someone which seems unlikely imo.

Provided the next signing we make is an attacking midfielder/winger and it happens this week then I think we’ve got enough to see us through until the Burnley players come in (I’d imagine these will be the last deals we do).

The Burnley thing frustrates me slightly, surely for all parties it is best to get the players in before the first league game so they can get integrated within the squad. If they were never likely to be here until after the season started, then we should have moved on IMO - particularly when we are so short. 

It is a bit of an odd off season, feels like alot of teams are miles off having the numbers in they normally would. Morton have been mentioned as well a couple of pages ago. There is still plenty of time before the window shuts, obviously we'd like to have essentially our starting 11 in place before the Killie game with only tweaks / cover still to come in later in the month. On paper Maxwell looks a good bit of business and I'm glad we've landed him, hopefully that will allow Finn to go out and gain experience. 

Our attacking area of the pitch still feels alarmingly short and to be honest I'm not really sure who is out there, Adeloye was brought in from outside of our traditional hunting grounds. Out with O'Connor, I wouldn't be surprised if the rest of our signings are from outside of Scotland (x2 Burnley + another maybe if we plan to loan out younger players?). Graham Alexander recently said he's planning to run with a larger squad than he would normally like due to Covid and trying to mitigate against isolation, so I'd assume it will be slim pickings for clubs below the top tier. 

1 hour ago, Roxanne's man said:

This doesn't feel right 🤔 Where are the attacking options? Yes, We have signed one striker but my fear is we play some sort of Craig levein Scotland tactic the whole season. 

Need a minimum of 2 more signings, excluding the loans of whoever from Burnley. 

In fairness to "that" Levein team, it contained Dorrans. Morrison, Mackie and Naismith in the starting 11 who were all either forwards or attacking midfielders.

As it stands just now it will be unacceptable if we haven't signed a creative midfielder and at least one forward prior to the league season starting and that's coming from someone regarded as a "happy clapper".

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

If we are signing 2 more, then we are going to struggle. a couple of injuries and the whole season could be down the toilet. 

Looking at the odds for this season, they look extremely fair. I think Morton, Queens and ourselves have the ability to have a great or car crash season. Others who have done better business in the summer will have a more relaxed view on how things will go. 

We are going in to the season with Moffat and McKenzie who have scored maybe 8 goals in 2 years between them and Adeloye who has had a reasonable start but a lot is pinned on him. The midfield has looked better against two league 2 teams and Hamilton but Murdoch or Hewitt getting injured means a return of Miller and Chalmers. 

I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible but  this season could be very challenging unless we can offload 1 or 2 we know aren't good enough and get 4 or 5 in. 

Last time i  checked Morton were in a bad way with signings. Queens seemed to be doing better and had found a few from the north of england.. Can't see Morton doing much but Queens managed to turn a shit situation into a success last season. Think the league will be split into levels this season where as the last few have had a lot of teams stuggling together.

Like you i feel we could struggle this season unless two decent signings come in alongside the punts we will take. Right now we are relying on players like McKenzie taking a quantum leap forward in their development which could happen but doesn't seem realistic tbh 

1 minute ago, AyrExile said:

Last time i  checked Morton were in a bad way with signings. Queens seemed to be doing better and had found a few from the north of england.. Can't see Morton doing much but Queens managed to turn a shit situation into a success last season. Think the league will be split into levels this season where as the last few have had a lot of teams stuggling together.

Like you i feel we could struggle this season unless two decent signings come in alongside the punts we will take. Right now we are relying on players like McKenzie taking a quantum leap forward in their development which could happen but doesn't seem realistic tbh 

If we sign two loan players, plus a punt of an attacking midfielder - it seems to be an incredibly cheaply put together squad this season. I guess the likes of Baird and Chalmers who should be back ups, will be some of our highest earners. 

3 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

If we sign two loan players, plus a punt of an attacking midfielder - it seems to be an incredibly cheaply put together squad this season. I guess the likes of Baird and Chalmers who should be back ups, will be some of our highest earners. 

Leaves more for the January window 😉

1 hour ago, callum-ayr said:

If no one else comes in, we’ll be something along these lines for Killie:

McAdams

Baird Muirhead McGinty

Houston                           Maxwell

Murdoch Hewitt

Salkeld                         Reading 

Adeloye

Albinson, Fjortoft, Miller, Chalmers, Moffat, McKenzie, Smith

That front 5 has about 20 career goals between them.

Team for Killie at this time :

Albinson

Houston   Fjortoft   McGinty   Reading

Salkeld   Murdock   Aero   Hewitt  McKenzie

Adeloye

2 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Albinson

Adeloye

Adding Muirhead to the midfield adds a goal threat.

Scary.

7 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Albinson

Adeloye

Mcadams is my only change there 

Edited by ryanayr1987

20 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Albinson

Adeloye

Would bring in Maxwell for either McKenzie or Salkeld so that we have fresh legs to bring on in place of Adeloye in the 2nd half.

Only other decisions are a toss up between Albinson and McAdams in goals and at CB between Fjortoft and Baird. Hopkin might go for the experience option for both although in saying that I hope he doesn't drop Hewitt for Chalmers.

15 hours ago, rb123! said:

Must add if this was Killie not allowing any Rangers or Celtic away fans to the first league game of the season there would be statements galore and it would be all over the back pages of the sun and the daily rangers

Although killie fans themselves seem to be raging about the whole situation because from what i can see it's there f**k up to do with building works in the stand which hasn't been completed in time or something like that and they can't use the main stand cause the toilets are socially distant friendly or some pish like that (pardon the pun)

I mean not as if they had a year without fans to do any of this works......

The toilet thing is a lot of nonsense. A few other grounds have the same issue of one door in/out and they've been able to use that stand. Ibrox at the weekend is one I can think of off the top of my head 

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

In fairness to "that" Levein team, it contained Dorrans. Morrison, Mackie and Naismith in the starting 11 who were all either forwards or attacking midfielders.

It wasn't the then Scotland team I was mentioning, it was the 4-6-0 tactic used by levein. Imo the second worst Scotland manager of all time, as there was certainly a good team like you mentioned, wasted by questionable tactics. 

I'm seriously hoping that Hopkin gets someone in for the midfield and gets someone else upfront. I fear that Ayr might be shuffling players about on the pitch, in different positions with little attacking intent and relying on the longball counterattack for results. I have my fingers crossed though 🤞

How long ago was that Scotland team? 😊 Should I cross my fingers for Dorrans at Somerset or is that too ambitious? 

It wasn't the then Scotland team I was mentioning, it was the 4-6-0 tactic used by levein. Imo the second worst Scotland manager of all time, as there was certainly a good team like you mentioned, wasted by questionable tactics. 
I'm seriously hoping that Hopkin gets someone in for the midfield and gets someone else upfront. I fear that Ayr might be shuffling players about on the pitch, in different positions with little attacking intent and relying on the longball counterattack for results. I have my fingers crossed though [emoji1696]
How long ago was that Scotland team? [emoji4] Should I cross my fingers for Dorrans at Somerset or is that too ambitious? 
Dorrans signed for Dunfermline today