The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, 1nickydevlin said:

A bit of a strange one imo .we have 2 left backs already .but of a kick in the stones for young ecrepont.think this season he would have been pushing for a starting place .if i was him I'd be away .much rather play our own youth than some1 else's.

We had a bench with 5 kids on it against Hamilton, even if we sign 3 more players this week he will still be in and around the first team, if we are playing both Maxwell and Reading then Ecripont will get game time based on 3 players and 2 positions. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

We had a bench with 5 kids on it against Hamilton, even if we sign 3 more players this week he will still be in and around the first team, if we are playing both Maxwell and Reading then Ecripont will get game time based on 3 players and 2 positions. 

I get the impression that Maxwell will play further up the park than Reading . Room for both in the team .

38 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

I would be surprised if there is more than one other this week although there appears to be a lot of movement in the market generally as loan deals start to get done in Scotland. 

Maybe one more this week folks!!!

One more signing is the absolute least we should be expecting this week, and it’s barely acceptable. Going into the first league game with either two or three key positions in central midfield and up front to fill isn’t good enough. 

Did I miss something or were we not meant to be getting a fans will like signing or words to that affect? Not having a go at anyone btw.

Yeah and then he signed for Partick Thistle.

Don’t really get it.  If we’re playing 3 at the back, how do we accommodate Reading and Maxwell on the left and Houston and Salkeld on the right?  If we’re not going to 3 at the back, why do we have 4/5 centre backs on our books?

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Don’t really get it.  If we’re playing 3 at the back, how do we accommodate Reading and Maxwell on the left and Houston and Salkeld on the right?  If we’re not going to 3 at the back, why do we have 4/5 centre backs on our books?

Maybe we plan to be flexible .

Just now, Dauntless said:

Maybe we plan to be flexible .

Perhaps, but if we’re running with a small squad, we can’t afford to have too many understudies.  We seem to have a lot of defenders and not many midfielders or strikers.

If no one else comes in, we’ll be something along these lines for Killie:

McAdams

Baird Muirhead McGinty

Houston                           Maxwell

Murdoch Hewitt

Salkeld                         Reading 

Adeloye

Albinson, Fjortoft, Miller, Chalmers, Moffat, McKenzie, Smith

This doesn't feel right 🤔 Where are the attacking options? Yes, We have signed one striker but my fear is we play some sort of Craig levein Scotland tactic the whole season. 

Need a minimum of 2 more signings, excluding the loans of whoever from Burnley. 

16 minutes ago, malkyshotton said:

Are we the only club in the championship that keeps getting gazumped with players. Seems like it.

By all accounts Morten can still barely put together an XI even when they're not catching covid, so that's one. Of course that's basically because Ayr are doing to them what Partick are doing to Ayr.

If we are signing 2 more, then we are going to struggle. a couple of injuries and the whole season could be down the toilet. 

Looking at the odds for this season, they look extremely fair. I think Morton, Queens and ourselves have the ability to have a great or car crash season. Others who have done better business in the summer will have a more relaxed view on how things will go. 

We are going in to the season with Moffat and McKenzie who have scored maybe 8 goals in 2 years between them and Adeloye who has had a reasonable start but a lot is pinned on him. The midfield has looked better against two league 2 teams and Hamilton but Murdoch or Hewitt getting injured means a return of Miller and Chalmers. 

I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible but  this season could be very challenging unless we can offload 1 or 2 we know aren't good enough and get 4 or 5 in. 

If we are signing 2 more, then we are going to struggle. a couple of injuries and the whole season could be down the toilet. 
Looking at the odds for this season, they look extremely fair. I think Morton, Queens and ourselves have the ability to have a great or car crash season. Others who have done better business in the summer will have a more relaxed view on how things will go. 
We are going in to the season with Moffat and McKenzie who have scored maybe 8 goals in 2 years between them and Adeloye who has had a reasonable start but a lot is pinned on him. The midfield has looked better against two league 2 teams and Hamilton but Murdoch or Hewitt getting injured means a return of Miller and Chalmers. 
I'm trying to be as optimistic as possible but  this season could be very challenging unless we can offload 1 or 2 we know aren't good enough and get 4 or 5 in. 

We’ve already got a squad of 19 so we’re probably only going to bring in another 3-4 unless we can offload someone which seems unlikely imo.

Provided the next signing we make is an attacking midfielder/winger and it happens this week then I think we’ve got enough to see us through until the Burnley players come in (I’d imagine these will be the last deals we do).