The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Maybe its a signing so bad they are trying to sneak out an announcement after dark so hardly anyone will notice. 

I am guessing all three are contract signings rather than loans, Loans just tend to show up rather than go through the training and signing stuff. 

I'd be well chuffed with 3 signings + 2 loans from Burnley. 

I really dont understand why we're signing James Maxwell?

I feel Paddy Reading has been performing well in that position so far this season

Fair enough it will give us more cover and competition in that position, I just hope it means we have up to 5 new faces in total to come in for the main positions that need bulked up.

17 minutes ago, diege said:

I feel Paddy Reading has been performing well in that position so far this season

Fair enough it will give us more cover and competition in that position, I just hope it means we have up to 5 new faces in total to come in for the main positions that need bulked up.

Could the plan be to push Reading onto the left of the midfield? I'm sure for the U21s he was often played in front of Harvie. 

15 minutes ago, diege said:

I wasn't sure either until the Hamilton game. In the system versus Accies the two wide players - Salkeld and McKenzie - were asked to put in a hell of a shift, supporting Tomi Adeloye in attack and dropping back to cover the full-backs out of possession. Hell of a shift. Would expect Maxwell to do a better job than McKenzie in that role on the left.

Must add if this was Killie not allowing any Rangers or Celtic away fans to the first league game of the season there would be statements galore and it would be all over the back pages of the sun and the daily rangers

Although killie fans themselves seem to be raging about the whole situation because from what i can see it's there f**k up to do with building works in the stand which hasn't been completed in time or something like that and they can't use the main stand cause the toilets are socially distant friendly or some pish like that (pardon the pun)

I mean not as if they had a year without fans to do any of this works......

So are we expecting maybe : Harker ,Mancini ,Maxwell and O'Conner ? Or is there going to be a shocker in there somewhere ? Something a little more left field maybe ...Should know either way pretty soon huh ….

Must add if this was Killie not allowing any Rangers or Celtic away fans to the first league game of the season there would be statements galore and it would be all over the back pages of the sun and the daily rangers
Although killie fans themselves seem to be raging about the whole situation because from what i can see it's there f**k up to do with building works in the stand which hasn't been completed in time or something like that and they can't use the main stand cause the toilets are socially distant friendly or some pish like that (pardon the pun)
I mean not as if they had a year without fans to do any of this works......

Celtic won't be getting any fans to their game at Tynecastle this weekend, for exactly the same reason. In fact, I'd guess that the Hibs fans at Motherwell and St Johnstone fans in Dingwall will be the only away fans in the top flight this weekend.

49 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:

The scenes on here btw if there's no signing news today... There'd be a number of rants that would make good reading.

I definitely think we will be left disappointed today, whether that’s through only making one signing or otherwise remains to be seen. No signings would be almost funny!

2 hours ago, Dauntless said:

So are we expecting maybe : Harker ,Mancini ,Maxwell and O'Conner ? Or is there going to be a shocker in there somewhere ? Something a little more left field maybe ...Should know either way pretty soon huh ….

there has been categorically no evidence to suggest either of these players have thought twice about Ayr. A few people said that they were the stand-outs in the friendly and all of a sudden this turns into Hopkin having his pick of them. To repeat: if a club sends its marginal players out for a friendly, and two of them look really good, then these are not the ones who are going to be let go. If Burnley want them to get more experience then they're not pinky-promised to give Ayr first pick.

Very happy to be proven wrong but it's astonishing how this has become some sort of done deal. It's total speculation backed up by nothing.

1 minute ago, Thumper said:

there has been categorically no evidence to suggest either of these players have thought twice about Ayr. A few people said that they were the stand-outs in the friendly and all of a sudden this turns into Hopkin having his pick of them. To repeat: if a club sends its marginal players out for a friendly, and two of them look really good, then these are not the ones who are going to be let go. If Burnley want them to get more experience then they're not pinky-promised to give Ayr first pick.

Very happy to be proven wrong but it's astonishing how this has become some sort of done deal. It's total speculation backed up by nothing.

In his post-match interview, I believe Hopkin stated that a couple of the Burnley players "turned up" and that they would "see where that leads" (or words to that effect). While that doesn't mean we are getting any of them it does imply that Ayr are interested in more than one of the players who were involved in the game against us. Whether those players are keen to join on loan is another question but I assume that point had already been established at a high level before the game.

14 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I think it was because they were both named as standouts with what seemed a nod and a wink.

I’ve not got myself in to a wanking frenzy over the Burnley loans as they have a lot to prove in men’s football once they arrive and loans can be very hit and miss.

Edited by diegomarahenry