The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Ah. I bought one a few seasons back at the Nomads game (my pal had a spare ticket) and I'm sure it was just a number they announced. Pretty poor behaviour tbh

Hold the bus, you actively bought a ticket funding that lot? Dearie me. 

Could someone please explain to me why Kilmarnock are not allowing Ayr fans into the Ayrshire Derby? 

You get Killie fans on this regularly, stating that they have a much better stadium than Ayr and so on (they would use different wording of course.) and have a stadium that holds almost 18000. Now, I'm fully aware of Covid-19 restrictions and safety first, though seems rather farfetched that they can't let a small minority of away supporters into the stadium. 

It honestly seems to me that Kilmarnock are looking to win this game by getting support behind the team, without having the hindrance and genuine fear of the 'Somerset Roar' drowning them out IMO. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The harsh reality is that the vast majority of players who play/have played for the club couldn’t give a f**k about the club or the fans and we’re just simply a wage to them until they get something else. Of course there is a few exceptions of players who have played for the club and immediately “got it” and make a real connection with not just the club but the town as a whole. Nicky Devlin is the name which immediately springs to mind. 

Even if - and on most occasions it wouldn’t be heartfelt I’m sure - it was part of the expectations of the club / manager to encourage a better bond between fans and the players.

let’s face it - we all love a badge kiss (Stevo / Sludden) 

Edited by AUFC 1910

Could someone please explain to me why Kilmarnock are not allowing Ayr fans into the Ayrshire Derby? 
You get Killie fans on this regularly, stating that they have a much better stadium than Ayr and so on (they would use different wording of course.) and have a stadium that holds almost 18000. Now, I'm fully aware of Covid-19 restrictions and safety first, though seems rather farfetched that they can't let a small minority of away supporters into the stadium. 
It honestly seems to me that Kilmarnock are looking to win this game by getting support behind the team, without having the hindrance and genuine fear of the 'Somerset Roar' drowning them out IMO. 
I don't get this either surley there is some rule that does not allow the refusal of rival fans, if that that was the case bigger teams i.e the ugly sisters would only allow their own fans in.

It's been explained on the match thread I believe, two stands are out of use, so the actual capacity is about halved to start with.
I think as it stands the numbers allowed in are less than their number of season ticket holders. Can't really grumble if this is still the case.

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

What time we expecting signing announcement tonight?

Is it going to be a Black and White Tv reveal tonight ? Only way I can see it being announced tonight now  unless there are more planned for tomorrow, but rest assured signings have started 

18 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

If ye search James Maxwell on Twitter you'll see some guys tadger that he's proudly displaying.  That'll keep you lot busy the night.  

At work once, someone asked me if I had any bulldog fixings, he meant clips but said fixings, made a big song and dance about me not knowing what a bulldog fixing was.

I did a google image search and f**k me, a page of bulldogs getting castrated, I will never un-see that

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
8 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:
Is it going to be a Black and White Tv reveal tonight ? Only way I can see it being announced tonight now  unless there are more planned for tomorrow, but rest assured signings have started 

Quickly logs in to black and white TV to check

I have been doing the same for last hour 

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

I would thought Black & White TV would have put out a ransom demand by now. What sort of kidnappers are they?

Callum refusing to release the footage until he’s told by David Smith that he can ask the new signing about the Ayrshire derby 

1 minute ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Callum refusing to release the footage until he’s told by David Smith that he can ask the new signing about the Ayrshire derby 

…..busy trying to edit out the blank look when Callum mentions Arbroath, Rabbie Burns and Seagulls 🤣

Maybe its a signing so bad they are trying to sneak out an announcement after dark so hardly anyone will notice. 

I am guessing all three are contract signings rather than loans, Loans just tend to show up rather than go through the training and signing stuff.