The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

9 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The hub looks quite small for what potentially could be the demand. I think it had a capacity for 75 plus the beer garden. Maybe with the club now owning the car park, there would be an option to have a fan zone type set-up where you can buy a drink and mill about outside in the car park area 

Assuming permission is granted for the beer garden/fan zone (and I wouldn't be surprised if there are objections) you won't be able to leave that area with your drink.

3 minutes ago, RedEd said:

Assuming permission is granted for the beer garden/fan zone (and I wouldn't be surprised if there are objections) you won't be able to leave that area with your drink.

if that area was the perimeter of the car park like I was suggesting, you could have probably have a few hundred on a good day

5755C44D-BC10-4620-9046-5687CF6C94EF.png
there is no way that the hub would hold 250 folk, that building holds the shop and offices as well and it is about the same size as the current hospitality suite 

Edited by diegomarahenry

4 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure capacity was around 250 plus the beer garden. Then shin with Covid it may very well be 75. 

Social distancing is meant to be getting fired into the sea on 9th August so come then there should be no issues with covid restricting the numbers unless there is a spike in hospitalisation and deaths and the government have to re-introduce restrictions which were obviously all hoping doesn’t happen. 

Just now, diegomarahenry said:

if that area was the perimeter of the car park like I was suggesting, you could have probably have a few hundred on a good day

5755C44D-BC10-4620-9046-5687CF6C94EF.png

I can see it taking up the area currently occupied by the portacabins, but I think that would be it. The car park will still be needed as a car park.  I could be wrong though.

18 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The hub looks quite small for what potentially could be the demand. I think it had a capacity for 75 plus the beer garden. Maybe with the club now owning the car park, there would be an option to have a fan zone type set-up where you can buy a drink and mill about outside in the car park area 

I thought we bought the car park back 

17 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Hub capacity is 175 inside and I think about 60 outside 

4 minutes ago, RedEd said:

I can see it taking up the area currently occupied by the portacabins, but I think that would be it. The car park will still be needed as a car park.  I could be wrong though.

I’m sure we could do a deal with the racecourse for parking on days they don’t have a meeting. 
weather and opposition will play a part on how much demand there will be from Week to week, if there is demand then we need to do as much as possible to meet it, for home and away support. 

He's zero for fucking fifty this summer in terms of the actual footballing side of affairs (but very quickly knew exactly why Smith had never been an option, from Sources, after having said nothing on the subject during all the speculation), and still gets upvoted every time. Quite the feat.

A week to go. Still no midfield, best two strikers are still not fully match fit; on top of that, one is nearing retirement and the other is unproven at this level.

Chairman retweeting stab-in-the-back theories that call other clubs "tinks". Even _this_ is getting excused.

6 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He's zero for fucking fifty this summer in terms of the actual footballing side of affairs (but very quickly knew exactly why Smith had never been an option, from Sources, after having said nothing on the subject during all the speculation), and still gets upvoted every time. Quite the feat.

A week to go. Still no midfield, best two strikers are still not fully match fit; on top of that, one is nearing retirement and the other is unproven at this level.

Chairman retweeting stab-in-the-back theories that call other clubs "tinks". Even _this_ is getting excused.

Are you ok?

Edited by callum-ayr

7 minutes ago, Thumper said:

AFE8CFE1-1885-4C8C-9CED-04DC70C7B50D.jpeg

56 minutes ago, Thumper said:

I don’t think it is being excused, just ignored mostly.

if the poster on here was so offended by it, they would have reported him to the SFA or the SPFL, he could have contacted him direct on Twitter if he wanted to but he chose to come here and call Ayr fans racists. 
because of footballification, some folk take it as an insult to the club and try and defend it. The term used has various meanings and one is connected to the travelling community. Like calling a homeless person a tramp, it’s language that has changed. If he wants, or anyone wants an apology from the chairman. They can ask him for one rather than Ayr fans. Much like Cameron and his political views, complaining on pie and bovril will do f**k all.

On the club recruitment side, maybe he needs help running the club from a director of football, someone like Alex Smith at Falkirk or Craig Leven at Brechin That has been over the course and doesn’t want to manage any more but knows when players are likely to take the piss. 

James Maxwell has started following the club on twitter. Did someone say Daire O’Connor was following the club as if he was he isn’t anymore.

I gave him a follow last night and he followed me back straight away. I see he done similar with @GaryMc93

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

James Maxwell has started following the club on twitter. Did someone say Daire O’Connor was following the club as if he was he isn’t anymore.

I gave him a follow last night and he followed me back straight away. I see he done similar with @GaryMc93

Yeah, he was - is that the forum back to the drawing board for identifying our creative player 😂

ETA, he still is following us...

C3817CA0-068A-4A6F-989F-D2B688C9D8F5.png

Edited by No_Problemo