The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

44 minutes ago, Mr X said:

Even if the room was available, you'd have to come to some kind of arrangement with Killie to use the stream commercially. As its against the SPFL rules you'd likely need to get agreement from them too.

If the Somerset hub was open absolutely nothing would stop us showing a match that's on the BBC in there.  

5 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Can’t see past Dunfermline for the league title to be honest - unless their “on paper” squad ends up a dud on the pitch.

They are managed by Peter Grant though. 

31 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Can’t see past Dunfermline for the league title to be honest - unless their “on paper” squad ends up a dud on the pitch.

Bookies haven't caught onto them yet got them at 8/1 on Skybet the other day. 

What is the plan with the hub, will it only be open on our match days? Or will it be opened for TV games; Scotland, Cups, European? 
Would have been class to have been able to watch the Euros down at Somerset in the beer garden, obviously time didn't permit. 

18 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

What is the plan with the hub, will it only be open on our match days? Or will it be opened for TV games; Scotland, Cups, European? 
Would have been class to have been able to watch the Euros down at Somerset in the beer garden, obviously time didn't permit. 

I hope it’s a full time operation.

I’d certainly support it in between match days, popping in for a meaL or two as often as possible

17 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I hope it’s a full time operation.

I’d certainly support it in between match days, popping in for a meaL or two as often as possible

I don’t know if they will staff it full time but maybe a few days during the week and match days 

Obviously it would come down to how well it would be supported, but I’m sure that anyone with Ayr at their heart would make the effort where possible.

Either way, I can’t wait for it to open, especially if the beer garden gets the go ahead, which I’m sure it will.

Should actually help the matchday atmosphere in the ground too - after a good sing song in the hub.

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I thought they signed very well last year but had Crawford in the dugout, much like Daziel, signing the best players can drag you to top 4 despite your manager.
Grants Alloa was easy beat last year which they weren’t under Goodwin, they weren’t particularly good to watch either. 

I’d say they will be top 4, but not convinced Grant is the man to take them up. 

Hamilton may struggle, think they could be here for a couple of years. Inverness don’t look great, Partick have a blend of good championship players and bang average championship players, they may have enough to be top four though, Kilmarnock have signed a good championship team which is very short sighted of them and may keep them in the league for a second year.

The hub looks quite small for what potentially could be the demand. I think it had a capacity for 75 plus the beer garden. Maybe with the club now owning the car park, there would be an option to have a fan zone type set-up where you can buy a drink and mill about outside in the car park area 

6 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

The hub looks quite small for what potentially could be the demand. I think it had a capacity for 75 plus the beer garden. Maybe with the club now owning the car park, there would be an option to have a fan zone type set-up where you can buy a drink and mill about outside in the car park area 

While throwing bottles at the away supporters 🤣

10 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

I’m sure capacity was around 250 plus the beer garden. Then shin with Covid it may very well be 75. 

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

While throwing bottles at the away supporters 🤣

They would be plastic tumblers, the type that spill a third as soon as you pick it up. They wouldn’t do much damage if thrown…..assuming it’s beer that’s in it obviously