The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I would have been over the moon to take him back but it looks like we will be playing either 5 2 3 or 4 3 3 I'm not sure cammy would fit in to that system, think the more attacking midfielder we are looking at will be some one who can pick a pass for the 3 up top not so much getting boyond them and getting the goals

14 minutes ago, OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton said:

Think we all need too stop being so negative.... Personally I like Salkeld and would run through a brick wall for the team... That is very evident already... That's the kind of players you want..... And let's not forget we are actually playing quite well...... I feel we have a couple of good signings on the way and will be decent.... 

People can keep saying this all they want, but we need a mix of players. Yes, Salkeld works very hard and plays a certain role but that needs to be complimented by a creative technical attacking midfielder and Salkeld isn’t that. 

We have started well, but if we don’t add that type of player and another striker then we will be struggling to win games all season. 

Also, the same people who were saying not to panic until we were into the league cup games, are now saying not to panic unless it’s two days before our first league game! 

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

People can keep saying this all they want, but we need a mix of players. Yes, Salkeld works very hard and plays a certain role but that needs to be complimented by a creative technical attacking midfielder and Salkeld isn’t that. 

We have started well, but if we don’t add that type of player and another striker then we will be struggling to win games all season. 

Also, the same people who were saying not to panic until we were into the league cup games, are now saying not to panic unless it’s two days before our first league game! 

As long as the squad is strengthened  prior to facing Kilmarnock  there’s no need to panic , I don’t know why people think they need to be signed today ,it’s not as if the club don’t know , Hopkin has said numerous times he should have 3 players in for the Kilmarnock game , so why are people panicking it’s still 10 days away 

Edited by Finlay21

4 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

As long as the squad is strengthened  prior to facing Kilmarnock I don’t know why people think they need to signed today 

I mean ideally they’d train with their teammates and get used to the system etc. Signing a day or two before our first league game (which happens to be against our derby rivals) isn’t really great preparation, so I’d say it’s fairly clear to see why people would be disappointed with that.

As long as the squad is strengthened  prior to facing Kilmarnock  there’s no need to panic , I don’t know why people think they need to be signed today ,
No one in this league has their squad completed yet, I readily admit I had my doubts about Hopkin when he came in but he's starting to win me over, so far and I know it's very early days his signings are delivering I'm sure the signings he wants and not the signings we want will come next week.

The league cup campaign went well though, and so there's less urgency.

Am i not right in saying shankland signed after the league season had started?

Some folk just like a drama.

2 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

Made his debut on 9 September.

17 minutes ago, Honest_Man#1 said:

I mean ideally they’d train with their teammates and get used to the system etc. Signing a day or two before our first league game (which happens to be against our derby rivals) isn’t really great preparation, so I’d say it’s fairly clear to see why people would be disappointed with that.

A great number of clubs sign players even the night before the game and put them in the team the following day as we also do about every season , we work on the tactics for the upcoming game only about 1/2 days out as that’s roughly when the players know the starting 11 , Monday , Tuesday 2 tough sessions , Wednesday rest ,Thursday and Friday work on the Saturday game 

Edited by Finlay21

I get where people are coming from, I really do, but let’s take Killie for example. League favourites.  Beating Morton on penalties.  Hamilton. Losing to us at home.

Remember how tight the league was last season. Don’t see anything being that much different to be honest.

3 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I get where people are coming from, I really do, but let’s take Killie for example. League favourites.  Beating Morton on penalties.  Hamilton. Losing to us at home.

Remember how tight the league was last season. Don’t see anything being that much different to be honest.

The league is undoubtably weaker with Hearts and to a lesser extent Dundee out it which makes it even more vital that we have our squad completed ASAP as it’s crucial we get off to a good start.  Look at what happend the last time we played and beat Killie. We never looked back and went on and won the league. 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Everyone is expecting Killie, Hamilton, Dunfermline and ICT to be the top 4, I think at least one of them 4 will struggle and be fighting to stay up.

Inverness cup game results must be a worry , losing to 2 teams from lower divisions 

25 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

This isn’t remotely comparable. That was one player, and we had two other good strikers. We are at least four short at the moment, in key areas of the pitch. 

How is there less urgency? You want your team playing games together as early as possible. Now we want them in to train together as early as possible before our first league derby in decades. 

Yes, the league cup went well and that’s great but there is still an urgent need for quality additions. 

Edited by No_Problemo

6 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Wouldn't really be taking any result from the premier cup too seriously. We have a lot of work still to do if we want to avoid finishing amongst the bottom few teams

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did you see Billy Dodds interview after it? Genuine David Brent stuff. 

😂😂especially after losing 2 games and losing 4/5 goals he said , I have not worked on defending yet 

Edited by Finlay21