The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

The SPFL doesnt have a magic money tree. If they compensate you (who decides how much you are due) then its coming out of the compitition prize pot and out of the pocket of my club and 40 odd others. Why should we? Clubs signed up to the competition fully aware of the Covid rules and bigger prizes accrue to higher placings, which are likely as a result of free points. You might just as much claim clubs should be compensated for being drawn away to Inverness instead of home to Hearts. I'm pretty sceptical that Ayr's loss is anywhere near £10k either.

Well no, it couldnt. Its organised in a manner to use free midweeks to fit round European dates and finish before Xmas. Short of playing it in June instead of July I'm not sure where they are finding spare dates in the calendar for postponements.

Ok Theresa 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Far too short notice to arrange a game.  need  clearance by league to arrange a friendly along with junior teams are now into game 3 of their league season and will be playing Saturday  no benefit of playing  a split squad game ,played Burnley under 23s at weekend and less than 200 turned up couldn’t see many turning up to see the team playing against each other in a half hearted kick about 

Less than 200, jeez. I thought there looked more than that there. Disappointing considering it was free and we could scout potential loan players 

Edited by Thereisalight..

Its a bummer no game on Saturday however from an Ayr United perspective (the team) it gives Hoppy a 12 day preparation window with regards to the Killie game . It will allow any players with niggles to get rested , more work to be done on shape and set piece and of course integrate any new faces . The down side is we are still blending the team into a style of play ,definitely a work in progress . However Killie are pretty much in the same boat with 15 new players . So the break might just work in our favour

6 hours ago, rb123! said:

Kai Kennedy to Dunfermline is a coup, thought he'd have got a premiership gig, hope that's not another target we had

I think if anyone finishes above the Pars they may have just won the league .

2 hours ago, Dauntless said:

They’ve been spending a fair amount past 2 seasons trying to assemble a promotion winning squad. Amazes me that it wasn’t that long ago they had the buckets out

D6A0CCBD-3D42-4625-9E3C-D11CC03B8698.jpeg

28 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Surely were due some signing news today? 

Just accept it’s not happening! The hope every day is too much... fully expecting to be raging a few days before the league kicks off as we are still sitting in the same positon as we were before the Albion Rovers game 😂

*Not just saying this every day in the hope of being proved wrong 👀

8 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Just accept it’s not happening! The hope every day is too much... fully expecting to be raging a few days before the league kicks off as we are still sitting in the same positon as we were before the Albion Rovers game 😂

*Not just saying this every day in the hope of being proved wrong 👀

Players should be off Sunday/Monday so that would be prime time for signings . Gives them Tuesday to Saturday on the training field with their new team mates before the encounter with the great unwashed from the north .

2 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Players should be off Sunday/Monday so that would be prime time for signings . Gives them Tuesday to Saturday on the training field with their new team mates before the encounter with the great unwashed from the north .

They normally train on Mondays. Wednesday is the usual day off.

I agree, I fancy Dunfermline, from what I've seen across the highlights of all the teams in the cup (granted it's but an early snippet).
Pretty sure last time Killie were in this division, Raith, Killie and Dunfermline were the 3 vying for the league? Can see it being a similar story this season.

I'm shocked and disappointed at my fellow Ayr fans for not posting pics and gifs of George Galloway when Skyline was here. Shocked and disappointed!

Spoiler

george hamilton news GIF

Edited by Trogdor

7 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

I'm shocked and disappointed at my fellow Ayr fans for not posting pics and gifs of George Galloway when Skyline was here. Shocked and disappointed!

Reveal hidden contents

george hamilton news GIF

I couldn't find this at this time or I'd have posted it

wrong.png