The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, diegomarahenry said:

CA984701-28E2-4B41-ADB9-A492CAE1CE45.thumb.png.e261b5ff5d5b8f21897658d28949c3c1.png

That’s just league games. There’s a grim 1-1 draw with Stranraer and a 4-0 humping off Livi sandwiched in there.

It’s far too early to make confident predictions about this season, but I can’t agree with anyone trying to give the impression last season that the defence wasn’t a big problem.

1 minute ago, eez-eh said:

It’s far too early to make confident predictions about this season, but I can’t agree with anyone trying to give the impression last season that the defence wasn’t a big problem.

You just need to visualise the Great Arbroath Fiasco to concur with the above . We have concede zero goals in three and our best defender and organiser (arguably) is just getting started (Fjortoft) . Things have been upgraded in that department. 

4 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Folk can argue about McGinty and Baird but I think it's safe to say those two along with Fjortoft and Muirhead are pretty good options at championship level.

We’re well covered in that department and Houston looked comfortable last night , maybe having Cammy in front of him gave him some confidence . 

24 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

Folk can argue about McGinty and Baird but I think it's safe to say those two along with Fjortoft and Muirhead are pretty good options at championship level.

Baird cost about a goal a game last season, maybe the pressure of having 4 players playing for his position has improved him or the other two are keeping him right. None of the defence have looked ropey in the slightest in any of the games so far. McGinty has been so far under the radar that Morton fans must be checking the lineups to see if he’s playing 

That’s just league games. There’s a grim 1-1 draw with Stranraer and a 4-0 humping off Livi sandwiched in there.

People with short memories mate.

We were shite all over the pitch last season with the exception of the goalie. However if our defence wasn’t so anonymous then we’d probably have seen out more wins and draws instead of our routine capitulation.

Improved 100% at the back And the best defender played 20 minutes and looked class

midfield very promising  a real good mix add Kelly and this boy Mancini and there’s your class

up front work in progress we have a good striker who has still to get fit can only get better

After the  very poor Morton quotes the boy SALKELD is a real find  a managers dream and can play almost anywhere

Shouldn't have went overboard with the criticism at the start and equally can't get carried away now, but we are improving, looking solid and as everyone rightly has said add some quality bodies going forward and we'll be more than decent. 

2 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

Including Falkirk now just over 1000 sold in total , 

With the weather the way it is, the chance to win the group and the fact that many of us haven't seen a football match for nearly 2 years, surely to God we should manage to sell our full allocation of 1,600 or at least very close to it !!

If we don’t sell at least 12/1300 that is absolutely piss poor. Nice day, no football for over a year and an actual competitive game. 

Looks like another day of no signings, much more positivity recently but that is still pretty frustrating. Thankfully we’ve been better recently, as imagine the heads gone if we were going into our final league cup game in the exact same position we went into our first one! 

26 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Maybe not a done deal

D7C969B0-421B-49DE-8569-1372A37140BB.png

I posted this a couple of days ago and our interest appeared to be after this story broke.

The Record have taken this from the Rangers News (though it was one in the same) so would just ignore it.

2 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

The Record have taken this from the Rangers News (though it was one in the same) so would just ignore it.

But the source is The Athletic, which is somewhat less prone to fantastical shite than the Rangers press.

And Maxwell was the one that looked most likely, at least taking people's comments about his dad's social media posts at face value. I still have no idea why people think that Burnley are going to part with the best two players in their touring squad either. And if Cammy Smith has his pick of clubs then it's a huge ask for him to go back to Ayr purely on the basis of goodwill. Couple that with there being no real _evidence_ of Kelly returning, that would give the last ten pages of speculation on here a grand total of 0/5.

5 minutes ago, Thumper said:

But the source is The Athletic, which is somewhat less prone to fantastical shite than the Rangers press.

And Maxwell was the one that looked most likely, at least taking people's comments about his dad's social media posts at face value. I still have no idea why people think that Burnley are going to part with the best two players in their touring squad either. And if Cammy Smith has his pick of clubs then it's a huge ask for him to go back to Ayr purely on the basis of goodwill. Couple that with there being no real _evidence_ of Kelly returning, that would give the last ten pages of speculation on here a grand total of 0/5.

It appears the "Athletic" just lifted it straight from the Rangers news, however personally I'm not too bothered about Maxwell anyway as we have plenty of cover there.

I agree that getting those 2 Burnley lads would seem on the face of it a long shot, however surely that's the whole point of being a "partner club" ?

On Cammy Smith, if we fail to bring in anyone else previously mentioned then we should have a huge budget still available which should be able to at least match Thistle or anyone else in this league.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

It appears the "Athletic" just lifted it straight from the Rangers news, however personally I'm not too bothered about Maxwell anyway as we have plenty of cover there.

I agree that getting those 2 Burnley lads would seem on the face of it a long shot, however surely that's the whole point of being a "partner club" ?

On Cammy Smith, if we fail to bring in anyone else previously mentioned then we should have a huge budget still available which should be able to at least match Thistle or anyone else in this league.

We have a wage structure though, so there will be a limit to what we can offer.