The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

27 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Didn’t have the best of times with them last time don’t know if he’d go back

10 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Is Dorrans not done?

He was underwhelming and looked half arsed at times, but he was certainly not done. Would have him back in an instant. We have a very, very strong midfield right now and we have a better CM in Adam that doesn't do a lot of running so that'd pose a significant problem if we were to re-sign him as Dorrans wasn't exactly all over the pitch either.

Him and McPake are best mates and if McPake gives him a contract, he'll sign on I'd imagine.

If you lads are needing a CM, and we do sign Dorrans, you could do worse than take Finlay Robertson on loan. Only 18 and shown enough promise that he could easily have the kind of career that Dorrans has had, if not better. But he's at a crucial stage of his development, and he's another midfielder that doesn't do a lot of running therefore hard for us to give him gametime.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:

The only thing I can think of is maybe Redding has impressed Burnley and is maybe going to join their under 23s.

Hope not I think it’s far more likely that Hopkin doesn’t rate Houston so is going to move Reading over to the other side where he’s played for Scotland. Not sure where this leaves McAllister as I just presumed he’d be the replacement/competition for Houston. 

Just bought my ticket for Saturday. Made doubley sure it was North Terrace after last week's debacle.

Did anyone else get massively sunburnt on Saturday? My forehead is still bright red. I've now got spf 50 in the car which I will be applying if it's even moderately sunny! 🤣

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

Just bought my ticket for Saturday. Made doubley sure it was North Terrace after last week's debacle.

Did anyone else get massively sunburnt on Saturday? My forehead is still bright red. I've now got spf 50 in the car which I will be applying if it's even moderately sunny! 🤣

That reminds me of the play off v Stranraer! I was burnt to f**k that afternoon the fact it went to pens didn’t help 😂 

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Excellent, seems to have worked.

The only thing i'm not sure about is whether or not it's added to my season ticket or not ?

When I logged in my details were all pre-filled so would assume it has gone to my ST (which i haven't collected yet), however it's giving me an option of "printing/Downloading" the tickets ?

Any ideas anyone ? (Finlay, if you're about) ?

If you ordered through Total Tickets account  this is the screens you should see ( photos attached ) it is on your season ticket , if not you would likely get a QR code mailed to you 

E82500D1-0DCC-4042-87EE-3588E3F3EC80.png

B05EDB1B-2FF9-4B71-83C0-4FDEC911464B.png

Edited by Finlay21

25 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

If you ordered through Total Tickets account  this is the screens you should see ( photos attached ) it is on your season ticket , if not you would likely get a QR code mailed to you 

E82500D1-0DCC-4042-87EE-3588E3F3EC80.png

B05EDB1B-2FF9-4B71-83C0-4FDEC911464B.png

I used the link superhursty posted and it seemed to work fine, my details were already pre-filled but I don't think it added it to my ST. 

I've printed off the voucher with the QR Code anyway and will also have it on my emails which I can access on my phone so should be ok. cheers.

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Yip. I was North Terracing and stupidly didnt put suncream on. Forehead, nose and scalp red raw. Fingers crossed Saturday isnt as warm 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Seems like the James Maxwell signing is a goer as his dad has retweeted/likes a good few things about it on twitter 

And if Chalmers can be off loaded then we have upgraded on two fronts , one of them being a saving in money , assuming Maxwell is on loan . 

Just now, North British said:

And if Chalmers can be off loaded then we have upgraded on two fronts , one of them being a saving in money , assuming Maxwell is on loan . 

Why would signing Maxwell mean Chalmers would be moved on? Centre mid it the area we’re weakest in at the moment so Chalmers will be staying put. 

6 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Seems like the James Maxwell signing is a goer as his dad has retweeted/likes a good few things about it on twitter 

His father has been an Ayr United fan for many many years 

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Why would signing Maxwell mean Chalmers would be moved on? Centre mid it the area we’re weakest in at the moment so Chalmers will be staying put. 

That might depend on who else is coming in. It has been stated previously that a couple of the players under contract would be moved on. That hasn't happened yet.

That might depend on who else is coming in. It has been stated previously that a couple of the players under contract would be moved on. That hasn't happened yet.

Houston would seem the most likely given it’s a full back we’re bringing in.

Although if we managed to offload Chalmers and bring in Dorrans and Gomez Mancini then I’d be very happy.

5 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It would mean macalister would most likely be played in midfield and also means that we’d have two better players at left back. 

Im only guessing though

Edited by ryanayr1987