The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

You mean like when Roma said Alisson wasn’t for sale, shortly before selling him to Liverpool for £60m?

You can’t compare the two scenarios.

For all we know Liverpool stumped up and extra 20 million or the player forced the move through.

Shankland isn’t forcing a move through unless it’s to one of the Old Firm clubs or English Championship where he’s pretty much set for life after it.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You can’t compare the two scenarios.

For all we know Liverpool stumped up and extra 20 million or the player forced the move through.

Shankland isn’t forcing a move through unless it’s to one of the Old Firm clubs or English Championship where he’s pretty much set for life after it.

Or Sunderland.

I don't want him to got but I'll reiterate, if the cash is right McCall won't get a say.

The money would have to be stupid. More than 250k imo.
Or Sunderland.

Yeah I’d put Sunderland in that bracket. In terms of fan base, finance and the overall size of the club they are probably top end Championship. Just poorly run on and off the pitch the last few years.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

The money would have to be stupid. More than 250k imo.

Yeah I’d put Sunderland in that bracket. In terms of fan base, finance and the overall size of the club they are probably top end Championship. Just poorly run on and off the pitch the last few years.

I agree, I'd be disappointed if we punted him for £250k.

Sunderland don't appear to be run poorly anymore, they could buy Shankland for 6 weeks of the wage they've just freed up punting one player out the door.

1 hour ago, Mgc1910 said:

i think the club have accepted he’s going - just a question of getting the best possible fee.  

Yeah I would agree. As much as I would like that statement to be for the benefit of appeasing us fans it’s probably more about alerting other clubs and maximising value through a bidding war 

fans can’t 

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Sunderland are an absoulote basket case of a club. He’d be foolish to go there. Fans turn very quickly. 

Sunderland are under new ownership, no debt, new manager, over 30,000 fans.

There's no fans turn any quicker than our own and it's taking them an eternity to turn for the good.

Edited by ayrmad

Pros of the statement- the club are keeping us informed we know what was offerd and that we are reluctant sellers, the two Scottish teams St Mirren and Dundee realisticly are out the running now they can't afford the price, English window shuts in 72hrs so it's not rumbling on to the end of the month.

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Pros of the statement- the club are keeping us informed we know what was offerd and that we are reluctant sellers, the two Scottish teams St Mirren and Dundee realisticly are out the running now they can't afford the price, English window shuts in 72hrs so it's not rumbling on to the end of the month.

Window shuts in under 48 hours.

Yeah I would agree. As much as I would like that statement to be for the benefit of appeasing us fans it’s probably more about alerting other clubs and maximising value through a bidding war 

fans can’t 

No that’s nonsense.

They’re other ways for the club to communicate with other clubs to make them aware of what’s happening with Shankland. They don’t need to disguise it as an update to the fans.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

No that’s nonsense.

They’re other ways for the club to communicate with other clubs to make them aware of what’s happening with Shankland. They don’t need to disguise it as an update to the fans.

On this occasion I'd probably agree, they know this is a really big deal to the fans.

5 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, ayrmad said:
Window shuts in under 48 hours.

So it does wish it was 4hrs lol

48 minutes would do me fine.

I would have to agree that Sunderland would probably be too good an opportunity for Shankland to turn down.

An opportunity to get in at league one level and get used to the style of football before most likely stepping up to championship level.

I’m just hoping it’s not Sunderland as they could easily afford 250K plus.

3 minutes ago, ayrmad said:

NO.

I hope he stays but I do think the club would have to seriously look at £250k, especially if a further sell on clause was included.

The fact that he's on a 12 month contract limits the value we'd likely receive, however having said that there aren't many prolific goalscorers out there at the moment, so maybe a bidding war between a couple of clubs could net us over £250k.

As I say, I hope he stays first and foremost.

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Cameron will have told the board to reject any bid under x amount and only to get in touch with him if there's a bid around £250k mark probably.

Double that. 

Nice of Calvin to compare Shankland to BCH stock, as both being “on the up”.

Were Coventry not sniffing about in January and Sunderland were looking at McDaid?

Good of the club to keep putting out statements.....however can interpreted both ways.