The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I'm 99.9% sure the 21 was Dickson that was at Rangers and QOS last season. I'd imagine of he gets a deal with them hed be the most obvious one to join us on loan 

Aye Dickson was 21.

43 minutes ago, diege said:

What does a Joe Chalmers actually do?

His main contribution seems to be wasting every single set-piece we’ve had for the past year.

Oh wearing his socks really low as if he’s Tam Muller.

3 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

His main contribution seems to be wasting every single set-piece we’ve had for the past year.

Oh wearing his socks really low as if he’s Tam Muller.

He had a couple of good games towards the end of last season, but he literally didn’t do a single positive thing today. 

1 hour ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Aye he did. I saw the trilaist GK warming up before the game and at HT. Actually thought it was maybe a youth goalie due to the height then saw he was listed as a trialist 

Andrew Heaney and Jonathan Hogg were part of the U18's last season and were listed online as trialists but noticed the stadium announcer read out their names.

Didn't pay attention to what he said for the sub goalie but possibly was a youth GK, although not sure if Sandberg is still at the club.

1 hour ago, Superhursy7 said:

Maybe I'm being over optimistic but potentially could be starting the league campaign somthing like this.

LINEUP111626544632594.png

I think there might be a bit of a signing on Tuesday who’ll disrupt your line up there .  

Did Hopkin not see he wanted 3 signings in for Saturday? So you’d expect two Burnley players and another? 

ETA: With another couple coming in before Kilmarnock game. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

3 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Did Hopkin not see he wanted 3 signings in for Saturday? So you’d expect two Burnley players and another? 

The 2 Burnley players are likely a given , I thought there was a player coming end of next week , but as early as Tuesday could be a bonus , did he not hint 4/5 before the game against them up the road on 2nd 

Edited by Finlay21

1 minute ago, Finlay21 said:

The 2 Burnley players are likely a given , I thought there was a player coming end of next week , but as early as Tuesday could be a bonus , did he not hint 4/5 before the game against them up the road on 2nd 

Yeah I think he did. 

If it was a choice between our trialist no 30 and Burnley’s number 4 then the Burnley player is the obvious choice.

I’d still quite like us to sign someone who’s a bit of a known quantity and isn’t someone we’re taking a punt on or we’ve have on trial.

14 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’d still quite like us to sign someone who’s a bit of a known quantity and isn’t someone we’re taking a punt on or we’ve have on trial.

I think we are looking at someone north of known quantity but south of marquee ! 

8 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

For those of us unable to see today's game, how would you summarise our performance and the overall strength of the opposition? 

Think the word I'm looking for here is comfortable, their goal came from what I thought was a foul on Muirhead near the sideline which the referee obviously didnt agree with.

Burnley were nothing special and at no point did I think they were going to tear us apart.

The Long Hoppy Ball was still evident, 2nd half we seemed to distribute it short every time from the keeper to Sean McGinty for him to try and launch it up top, mainly hitting the oncoming attacker instead. Stick to the headering big man

Hard to judge us when we had Cameron Salkeld playing as a striker & Michael Miller at centre back for most of the 2nd half

Shame we cant play trialists in the League Cup, looks like we're going to have to take a gamble when getting more bodies in, noticed on BBC Radio Scotland a few managers mentioning finding players of the quality they require is proving difficult

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

Would love to see him back would hate to see him back though in a Partick strip for old jobby McCall

Aye, its more out of hope than expectation tbf. Given he was loaned out to a Premiership team I'm not sure I can see him dropping to the Championship. I hadn't really contemplated him going to play for Uncle Ian, that would be frustrating. 🤬

I honestly don’t have a name , but after piecing the jigsaw prices together I came up with those two names as well . It’s not a loan , proper  signing . Could be anyone I suppose but the words fans will be happy was used .....