The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

52 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

An ITK person  told me  about 1 hr before game to keep my eye on Manchini , don’t want to read too much into it 

I did notice Muirhead going over to him and giving him a hug at half time, which I found a bit odd! 

I'd very much doubt we will be paying much if anything towards players wages for the loans from Burnley so we have a bit of a free hit here and his budget to bring in another few bodies on top, hopefully we are going to have a big enough squad this season to cover the usual suspensions and injury's

I was having a look through the Burnley defence, as our strikers didn’t really get a great deal out of them. One of their centre halves has played over forty times at league one level in England - Jacob Bedeau! 

Our trialist striker worked incredibly hard, without doing a great deal. McKenzie did well at the first goal and then similar. Possibly up against a decent standard of defence. Another couple just came from Liverpool and Man Utd academies (of course doesn’t mean anything in itself) 

16 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I was having a look through the Burnley defence, as our strikers didn’t really get a great deal out of them. One of their centre halves has played over forty times at league one level in England - Jacob Bedeau! 

Our trialist striker worked incredibly hard, without doing a great deal. McKenzie did well at the first goal and then similar. Possibly up against a decent standard of defence. Another couple just came from Liverpool and Man Utd academies (of course doesn’t mean anything in itself) 

I’d say our defence is fine unless someone is leaving 

Cant say I'd be too fussed on missing out on any of the Burnley lads who played today. None were overly impressive. 9 and 13 (I think) looked decent in spells. Was their 21 Ciaran Dickson? 

Really thought we were going to get a cracker with it 2-1 after 15 mins but it fizzled out after that. As did my skin. Hot as fck out there today 🤣

4 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

I’d say our defence is fine unless someone is leaving 

Yeah - I didn’t mean in terms of signings. More in terms of what we were up against. 

2 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

Did the chap Mancini really stand out?
Is he a midfielder?

Yeah - most things went through him. Very tidy on the ball and didn’t remotely shirk out of challenges either. Seemed like he could potentially replicate a Docherty type role. 

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone ITK have any idea who 29 and 30 were? Wouldnt mind us taking another look at them. Also no offense to the trialist GK but he was about 5'7, not what we need when theres haddy strikers in the championship 

Nonidea, but the Burnley number four was levels in front of our trialist (30) who was okay at times. 

19 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Anyone ITK have any idea who 29 and 30 were? Wouldnt mind us taking another look at them. Also no offense to the trialist GK but he was about 5'7, not what we need when theres haddy strikers in the championship 

Admittedly I could of got a touch of sunstroke but I can’t remember us having a Trialist GK? Albinson played the full game 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Admittedly I could of got a touch of sunstroke but I can’t remember us having a Trialist GK? Albinson played the full game 

Aye he did. I saw the trilaist GK warming up before the game and at HT. Actually thought it was maybe a youth goalie due to the height then saw he was listed as a trialist 

17 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Maybe I was concentrating on our players too much but I honestly cant recall the number 4 doing anything that really caught my eye. 

Wasn’t at match , but reading reports on different social media sites , he got lots of mentions all of a positive manner 

Good wee run out today,  not entirely sure the two trialist impressed enough to win themselves a deal in my opinion. We obviously heard his name being shouted, possibly Daniel Boateng?

I'll give a Positive / Negative / Positive sandwich

Mikey Hewitt & Paddy Reading look two totally different players since I can last remember watching them, good stuff

What does a Joe Chalmers actually do?

Goalie looks solid enough, few good saves and managing to hold it#

As for Burnley, the obvious two were 9 Harker & 4 Mancini, I quite liked 21 when he came on the centre of the park

Edited by diege

3 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Wasn’t at match , but reading reports on different social media sites , he got lots of mentions all of a positive manner 

Yeah I've read a lot of positivity about him today but his performance passed me by. I'll blame the sun affecting my vision 🤣

4 minutes ago, diege said:

Good wee run out today,  not entirely sure the two trialist impressed enough to win themselves a deal in my opinion. We obviously heard his name being shouted, possibly Daniel Boateng?

I'll give a Positive / Negative / Positive sandwich

Mikey Hewitt & Paddy Reading look two totally different players since I can last remember watching them, good stuff

What does a Joe Chalmers actually do?

Goalie looks solid enough, few good saves and managing to hold it#

As for Burnley, the obvious two were 9 Harker & 4 Mancini, I quite liked 21 when he came on the centre of the park

I'm 99.9% sure the 21 was Dickson that was at Rangers and QOS last season. I'd imagine of he gets a deal with them hed be the most obvious one to join us on loan