The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, ayrmad said:

No, Thursday, we might have saw the last of Shankland.

Thursday is just the English Prem window bud  it is just confusing as they shut their window earlier 

You’re reading different quotes from me.  What do you expect the club to say?  Yes, he’s for sale?   Or the player?  Yes, I want to leave?  Basically the club can only say what any club would say in the circumstance.  He’s our player, we want him to stay but if someone meets our valuation of him, then he’ll go.  The level of interest is such that I think a bid of 250kish is highly likely and will be enough for the club to accept defeat.
i hope I’m wrong, but the level of denial on these pages is getting a wee bit silly.   I was gutted when Stevo , Glynn Hurst and Gary Teale left.  My dad reckons one of his worst days as an Ayr fan was when we sold Johnny Doyle.  It happens.  We just need to believe that we are not a one man team (which we aren’t).

McCall just said on Saturday that Shankland is here for the season. You can’t get much clearer than that.

Can’t comment on Johnny Doyle as he was before my time but I can comfortably say that Shankland is better and more important to us than Teale, Stevo and Hurst. If we want to assert ourselves in this league then we need him to do that. If we let him go then it’ll be 9th place I reckon regardless of how good Crawford, Rose or Moffat is.

1 minute ago, GFARAB82 said:

Thursday is just the English Prem window bud  it is just confusing as they shut their window earlier 

ffs, I don't think I could take 2 or 3 weeks of this.

FTR, If it is Sunderland that are after him and the cash is correct, I'd be advising him to jump at the chance, right club, right time, right football style and right manager.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

McCall just said on Saturday that Shankland is here for the season. You can’t get much clearer than that.

Can’t comment on Johnny Doyle as he was before my time but I can comfortably say that Shankland is better and more important to us than Teale, Stevo and Hurst. If we want to assert ourselves in this league then we need him to do that. If we let him go then it’ll be 9th place I reckon regardless of how good Crawford, Rose or Moffat is.

McCall won't get a say if the cash is right for Shankland & Lachlan.

6 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

So... what's the basis for believing that the club have simply accepted that he's going?

The high level of interest in the player.  Along with the fact we’ve received an opening bid of 150k from someone.   I don’t think the club have simply accepted it as you put it.  Far from it.   The fact we’ve turned down a bid of 150k, a size of fee we haven’t received for anyone in nearly 20 years, demonstrates that.  

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Just looked up and English football league window shuts on Thursday at 5 pm, could be a long 48 hours. Then the small matter of any Scottish clubs.

https://www.efl.com/news/2018/february/earlier-closure-of-transfer-window-agreed-by-efl-clubs/

I did think that was the case, 2 days is better than 3 weeks.

Not a peep on the Sunderland forum about Shankland today.

I don't think there's any need to panic. We have just knocked back £150k (£100k from Dundee last week) and let's be honest that's a really cheeky bid and someone just chancing their arm.

Having said that, everyone does have their price and like has just been said, if someone comes in with a realistic offer such as £250k +, then I'd seriously expect the club to consider it and put it to Lawrence to see what he thinks.

As it stands though, he remains an Ayr player and one that's happy to be such...............

43 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

i think the club have accepted he’s going - just a question of getting the best possible fee.  

3 minutes ago, Mgc1910 said:

The high level of interest in the player.  Along with the fact we’ve received an opening bid of 150k from someone.   I don’t think the club have simply accepted it as you put it.  Far from it.   The fact we’ve turned down a bid of 150k, a size of fee we haven’t received for anyone in nearly 20 years, demonstrates that.  

It wasn't me that put it that way. It was you.

7 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

You mean like when Roma said Alisson wasn’t for sale, shortly before selling him to Liverpool for £60m?

I really can’t see him going unless it’s silly money. We’ve endured some shite over the past 15 years and the boy’s a joy to watch right now and is crucial to our style of play, everyone from board to fans would absolutely loathe to see him go.

20 minutes ago, Mayor Wilkins III said:

So... what's the basis for believing that the club have simply accepted that he's going?

Apparently rejecting a six-figure bid is “accepting he’s going”.

You mean like when Roma said Alisson wasn’t for sale, shortly before selling him to Liverpool for £60m?
Bloody hell £60m for Shankland now, think the board might be cornered into accepting a bid of that amount [emoji23]

McCall won't get a say if the cash is right for Shankland & Lachlan.

I doubt McCall would’ve come out with that statement without discussing it with Shankland and Cameron first.

Shankland clearly isn’t in a rush to move so will have been told to get his head down, work hard and get himself a big move down south in the summer.

Cameron isn’t stupid either. Selling him now might mean quick cash but keeping him for this season will mean Ayr staying up and finishing maybe 5th if we have a good season. That’s key if we want to assert ourselves in this league and for Cameron it maybe makes the club more attractive to potential buyers.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I doubt McCall would’ve come out with that statement without discussing it with Shankland and Cameron first.

Shankland clearly isn’t in a rush to move so will have been told to get his head down, work hard and get himself a big move down south in the summer.

Cameron isn’t stupid either. Selling him now might mean quick cash but keeping him for this season will mean Ayr staying up and finishing maybe 5th if we have a good season. That’s key if we want to assert ourselves in this league and for Cameron it maybe makes the club more attractive to potential buyers.

I don't want him to got but I'll reiterate, if the cash is right McCall won't get a say.