The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

11 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

English window shuts this week I think. If we can keep him past that then I think we’ll be ok.

That's only the EPL

That should see him out of Scottish clubs price range now, good. 

Just now, Superhursy7 said:

I really don't think it's about the money just now for Shankland I think he's happy and wants to play every week, he knows the big move and money us there. Another season of banging them in for us and it could be an even bigger move.

Or a bad injury and hes out for a year and back to square one, proving himself all over again.

i think the club have accepted he’s going - just a question of getting the best possible fee.  

I really don’t think they have. Any statement made and any quotes from McCall and Shankland would suggest he’s not going anywhere.

Just now, itzdrk said:

That's only the EPL

That should see him out of Scottish clubs price range now, good. 

I thought that too but read this morning that it's all leagues, with Championship and below still able to sign frees and loans, hence Villa trying to rush through McGinn off Hibs

8 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
11 minutes ago, AyrshireRon said:
Any idea what club this is from?

Not sure I would take a guess it was Jack Ross at Sunderland

f**k off Jack, I know he'll bang them in rotten for you but come back in January and negotiate a Lewis Morgan deal.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:

I really don't think it's about the money just now for Shankland I think he's happy and wants to play every week, he knows the big move and money us there. Another season of banging them in for us and it could be an even bigger move.

If it's Sunderland and the cash is right he'll be off, it's night and day between Ayr and Sunderland, 27,000 after not winning at home for a calendar year, he'd be a smash hit at the Stadium of Light.

3 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I really don’t think they have. Any statement made and any quotes from McCall and Shankland would suggest he’s not going anywhere.

You’re reading different quotes from me.  What do you expect the club to say?  Yes, he’s for sale?   Or the player?  Yes, I want to leave?  Basically the club can only say what any club would say in the circumstance.  He’s our player, we want him to stay but if someone meets our valuation of him, then he’ll go.  The level of interest is such that I think a bid of 250kish is highly likely and will be enough for the club to accept defeat.

i hope I’m wrong, but the level of denial on these pages is getting a wee bit silly.   I was gutted when Stevo , Glynn Hurst and Gary Teale left.  My dad reckons one of his worst days as an Ayr fan was when we sold Johnny Doyle.  It happens.  We just need to believe that we are not a one man team (which we aren’t).

Bid rejected, well done board, would have been easy to accept that but we've put the message out that we're not going to be letting him go on the cheap.

Is the transfer window for English championship, league 1 and league 2 open until end of August?

3 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Bid rejected, well done board, would have been easy to accept that but we've put the message out that we're not going to be letting him go on the cheap.

Is the transfer window for English championship, league 1 and league 2 open until end of August?

No, Thursday, we might have saw the last of Shankland.