The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

To me, all that article states is the absolute obvious. Of course Shankland will want to play at the top level again, and of course he'll see what options he has in the summer before making a decision. This article could be written about any out of contract player on the planet.

To me, all that article states is the absolute obvious. Of course Shankland will want to play at the top level again, and of course he'll see what options he has in the summer before making a decision. This article could be written about any out of contract player on the planet.

This

Would be a big risk IMO going straight to a premiership club from strolling league 1.

At the same time though don't want him to go to another championship club.

If he does stay wouldn't be too surprised if it's only a six month contract.

The obvious thing would be for him to sign for a Premiership club, or a club down in England, with him coming back to us on a season long loan. Everyone's  a winner - apart from our inability to make any money out of having him (and as he will never sign for us for more than one year that's unlikely in any event). 

Agreed. He's talking about Ayr and his goals in the past tense. Mentally he's away already and will only stay if his other options don't work out for some reason, "Come and get me" is his message here.
Ah well, I was 100% certain he was going to be off a month ago, and I'm back in that place now after a wee wobble.  Best of luck to the lad anyway.

To me, he’s talking about this season in the past tense as opposed to talking about his time at Ayr.

I’m actually more confident he’ll stay after that article. States there’s a chance he’ll stay with us, far better than him coming out and saying he’s definitely moving on.

As much as he’s keeping his options opened, you could see it as him bartering with McCall.

Does nobody ever wonder if there's another Alan Horace out there ?

I don't know, but I do know that I'm becoming bored / scunnered with the constant merry go round of League 1 and lower level Championhip players just bouncing around from club to club. We all know what they're capable of and we certainly all know their limitations, it would be a breath of fresh Ayr to sign someone "unknown" and maybe a little flamboyant or exotic for a change.

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with many of last years squad but just hope that there's something that little bit "different" just lurking out there waiting on being snapped up by Super Ayr...............

Does nobody ever wonder if there's another Alan Horace out there ?
I don't know, but I do know that I'm becoming bored / scunnered with the constant merry go round of League 1 and lower level Championhip players just bouncing around from club to club. We all know what they're capable of and we certainly all know their limitations, it would be a breath of fresh Ayr to sign someone "unknown" and maybe a little flamboyant or exotic for a change.
Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy with many of last years squad but just hope that there's something that little bit "different" just lurking out there waiting on being snapped up by Super Ayr...............

Was Andy O’Connell not exotic enough for you?

There’s yer Ally asking Lachlan to get scouts to watch two amateur players. 
37713AE4-78CD-4A66-AEA4-254EAA151718.thumb.png.2e4aca1e29cac87598282c52c050bbdf.png

I’m genuinely worried we actually sign one of his mental suggestions and he turns round with a “I told you so”.

United Biscuits? [emoji23] hopefully that doesn’t make the cut so his time isn’t taken up by utter fucking nonsense.

I’d pay to see Cameron have it out with Ally. The way he’s dealt with roasters before is brilliant.

7 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Agree with this. It's the same problem in every league, it's easier to pick and choose the safe option you are familiar with than to go and search for an unknown talent and take a bit of a gamble. You even see it in the EPL where players and managers float from one club to another. The one that sticks out for me is Mark Hughes who has never really achieved anything at all significant in management yet is still sought after at mid/lower level EPL sides. In contrast if you can cast the net wider you might end up with a Henrik Larsson or Van Djyk like Celtic did and sell them on for silly money. Maybe another Alain Horace is out there, it's up to clubs to make the effort to find them.

Agree with this. It's the same problem in every league, it's easier to pick and choose the safe option you are familiar with than to go and search for an unknown talent and take a bit of a gamble. You even see it in the EPL where players and managers float from one club to another. The one that sticks out for me is Mark Hughes who has never really achieved anything at all significant in management yet is still sought after at mid/lower level EPL sides. In contrast if you can cast the net wider you might end up with a Henrik Larsson or Van Djyk like Celtic did and sell them on for silly money. Maybe another Alain Horace is out there, it's up to clubs to make the effort to find them.

Am I the only one who thought Alain Horace was at best rather ordinary and only got the legendary status due to his terrible injury problems.

Hope for your sake you keep shankland.

As a Rovers fan I wanted to hate him but couldn't.

When he started pointing and laughing at a foaming mess of a man abusing him when you were 3 (going 10) up on our second trip to Ayr, I chuckled.

Also the fact that he's the best player by a country mile, you have to admire him.

Still say he should have walked for his off the ball incident but admire how much of a sneaky b*****d he was when doing it.

And to top it all off, the clip of him cutting about a pub in his trackies while the whole place sings the 'everybody loves Lawrence Shankland' song made me like him even more.

Definitely on a par with Jack Bauer now on my man crush list.

21 minutes ago, North Terrace Gazza said:

Am I the only one who thought Alain Horace was at best rather ordinary and only got the legendary status due to his terrible injury problems.

Yes.