The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Does Docherty even have a date for his operation? Obviously want him back fully ready to go for pre season. I don’t really understand why he didn’t get it several months ago, or even a month once it was obvious he wasn’t going to play again this season.

Does Docherty even have a date for his operation? Obviously want him back fully ready to go for pre season. I don’t really understand why he didn’t get it several months ago, or even a month once it was obvious he wasn’t going to play again this season.
Probably having to wait on the NHS [emoji23]

Might be a stupid question but does the club pay for the op?

Private insurance?

7 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

I could be wrong as I was pretty intoxicated at the time but I’m sure he told me in Harley’s he had already had operation and it had went well. 

Hope folk are right in saying that he’s had his op.

Think if you’re contracted to a club it’s that clubs responsibility to look after you when you need surgery etc.

I think it was Craig Barr that came out recently and slated QOTS for their treatment of him when he needed an op.

8 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

If Shankland re-signs I will sign up to the au500 fund. Bookmark this. 

Mrs and I already members.

Not having a go - but if say  20 or 30 of you actually signed up for it now and made it clear why you are, we might have more chance of signing him. If you don't like the way the Club goes in the future you can always pull out.

If even 25 extra members put in £20 a month that's £6,000 extra towards somebody's wages... and it would indicate where a bit of ambition might take the Club.

I could be wrong as I was pretty intoxicated at the time but I’m sure he told me in Harley’s he had already had operation and it had went well. 

He told me he has had operation and recovering well .and would love too be an ayr player next season .

He had his operation towards the end of the season.

Agreed. He's talking about Ayr and his goals in the past tense. Mentally he's away already and will only stay if his other options don't work out for some reason, "Come and get me" is his message here.

Ah well, I was 100% certain he was going to be off a month ago, and I'm back in that place now after a wee wobble.  Best of luck to the lad anyway.

There’s nothing in there that says to me he’s away already.

He’ll want to go to the Prem but it’ll have to be the right club for him. He’s not stupid, if a club come in for him and it’s not the right one for him then I have no doubts he’ll knock it back and stay with us.

McCall says he hopes to have some renewals tied up by the end of the week. Does that mean an announcement today or tomorrow?

25 minutes ago, somerset_lad said:

There’s nothing in there that says to me he’s away already.

He’ll want to go to the Prem but it’ll have to be the right club for him. He’s not stupid, if a club come in for him and it’s not the right one for him then I have no doubts he’ll knock it back and stay with us.

McCall says he hopes to have some renewals tied up by the end of the week. Does that mean an announcement today or tomorrow?

Where did you see this, mate?