The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Guest Caractacus Potts
21 minutes ago, davidkennedyshand said:

This story sums it up. He was arguing on here with Ayr fans too if I remember rightly

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.dailyrecord.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/ayr-united-chairman-lachlan-cameron-4413673.amp

Any word about where he earned his money? Paper report said it was his roofing company but he was barely involved before it folded. Throwing a lot of money with this new company but only seems to have a bit of office space at Eurocentral and their website still isn’t operating. Looks a bit dodgy. 

Edited by Caractacus Potts

17 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sorry to budge in here but just wondered what you think of this guy? Know he was involved with your club several years ago. 

Seems to have set up a new company last year and throwing lots of money in marketing at a few clubs including us and Go Radio. 

Someone to be wary of or businessman who was just unfortunate with his previous ventures?(which all seem to have been struck off after a relatively short period). 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/06/21/clarke-epos-new-front-of-shirt-sponsors/

Haha the Restoraroof cowboy :lol: He’s as legit as a £10 coin. Tried to add me on Facebook a few months back to his latest money making Epos scam, total chancer. 

10 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Any word about where he earned his money? Paper report said it was his roofing company but he was barely involved before it folded. Throwing a lot of money with this new company but only seems to have a bit of office space at Eurocentral and don’t even have a website that’s operating. Looks a bit dodgy. 

Not got a clue. I only remember his roofing companies name and publicity. Never actually seen a van or anything around.

Mainly remembered for reasons other than apparent philanthropy and generosity to football clubs. 

39 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Sorry to budge in here but just wondered what you think of this guy? Know he was involved with your club several years ago. 

Seems to have set up a new company last year and throwing lots of money in marketing at a few clubs including us and Go Radio. 

Someone to be wary of or businessman who was just unfortunate with his previous ventures?(which all seem to have been struck off after a relatively short period). 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2021/06/21/clarke-epos-new-front-of-shirt-sponsors/

Roasteroof

Edited by itzdrk

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Oh and he didn’t like me shouting he was pish at him while on the north terrace 2 seasons ago 

Tbf it's not like it was libelous or anything like that. He is pish, even worse than Zanatta tbqh.

30 minutes ago, Caractacus Potts said:

Any word about where he earned his money? Paper report said it was his roofing company but he was barely involved before it folded. Throwing a lot of money with this new company but only seems to have a bit of office space at Eurocentral and their website still isn’t operating. Looks a bit dodgy. 

Restoraroof power-washed peoples roofs, he went public with a bid, tried to get the fans on-side by saying Cameron was ruining the club in to the ground, That Cameron refused to meet him. I think Cameron wanted an email proposal before he met him to make sure he wasn't a time waster but it never arrived. He kept bleating to the fans and abusing folk on facebook. 

He said the club shop was run by a window cleaner, how could they succeed, then his business went bust. 

It is documented here

45 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Restoraroof power-washed peoples roofs, he went public with a bid, tried to get the fans on-side by saying Cameron was ruining the club in to the ground, That Cameron refused to meet him. I think Cameron wanted an email proposal before he met him to make sure he wasn't a time waster but it never arrived. He kept bleating to the fans and abusing folk on facebook. 

He said the club shop was run by a window cleaner, how could they succeed, then his business went bust. 

It is documented here

rereading that thread, I forgot about him creating an account on here to threaten Itzdrk. 

Aye, good luck Falkirk. 

Guest Caractacus Potts
48 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

It is documented here

Cheers for sharing. Just skimmed through. Does sound like a chancer and his actions don’t portray him in a good light particularly when threatening a poster.

Thankfully he’s only at the stage of throwing money at the club but judging by his comments it sounds as though he has plans to get more involved. The company he is running looks like a bit of a sham too so God knows where he’s getting the money from. 

Interesting to read that thread in hindsight as well and see how fans are largely similar in their differing views. Seems your chairman and several fans were proved right to turn this guy down though.

Hopefully our board will keep him at arms length, although be good if some of them could distance themselves as well! 

Happy enough with the goalkeeper but it is getting a wee bit ridiculous the number of Morton players we’re signing.
If our bespoke new home top turns out to be white with blue hoops then I call shenanigans!

By my count there’s no more players that have left Morton for us to sign so I think we’re in the clear there.

I think we’ll hear more at the end of the week with regards to more signings.