The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

According to AP Hopkin has held positive talks with a striker over the weekend and is aware of our need to add options in attacking areas. We’re likely to have goalkeepers in on track when pre-season starts next week. 

@Thereisalight.. think it was you that was asking about friendly against Burnley u23’s. Its getting played on July 17th at Somerset. 

2 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

According to AP Hopkin has held positive talks with a striker over the weekend and is aware of our need to add options in attacking areas. We’re likely to have goalkeepers in on track when pre-season starts next week. 

@Thereisalight.. think it was you that was asking about friendly against Burnley u23’s. Its getting played on July 17th at Somerset. 

Nice one! Any word on if its behind closed doors or not? 

I would have liked to have seen Walsh stay and show us what he is capable of! Regardless, I had visions of him rocking up at Killie so im pleased its ICT hes away to. Strange one as I've seen him around Girvan quite a bit with a lassie and a baby, seems odd to uproot from one end of the country to the other 

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

2 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

It doesn’t say that it’s behind closed doors and given fans are allowed in in level 2 then I’d imagine there will be fans there? 

1 minute ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I would have liked to have seen Walsh stay and show us what he is capable of! Regardless, I had visions of him rocking up at Killie so im pleased its ICT hes away to. Strange one as I've seen him around Girvan quite a bit with a lassie and a baby, seems odd to uproot from one end of the country to the other 

To be fair, if I was made to walk around Girvan I’d head for the highlands too 🤣🤣🤣

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Aidan McVeigh? I seem to remember him coming to us, he was a young Irish striker. 

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

No, I think it was Graeme, he was a left back/left centre half. Don’t think he played much 

It was definitely Aidan or Aiden, he came with a huge reputation as apparently lots of the big clubs were looking at him, however I think he ended up at Talbot or Glenafton !!

I remember hearing a story that our assistant or coach had turned up at Stranraer to pick him up and he had his TV with him as apparently he thought he needed it to get Irish TV stations, perhaps it was just one of those made up stories but he was allegedly not the sharpest tool in the box !!!

I loved Sammy, he was a Gary MacAllister type number 10 who just oozed class, unfortunately his knees had gone and super Ally knowing this managed to pull a fast one with Thistle and got us a swap for Cammy Duncan who turned out as one of our best ever keepers.

I hated Sammy - he’s a shoe in for our worst value for money signing although managing to swap him for Cammy Duncan from Thistle was a great bit of business. Gutless and barely kicked a ball for us.

Remember him being utterly invisible in the Scottish Cup Quarter against St Johnstone in ‘91 when he should have been busting a gut to show his old team they shouldn’t have let him go. Our worst player on the park which took some doing when up against our centre halves who allowed the smallest man on the park Allan Moore to score a hat-trick of headers.

7 minutes ago, Frosty said:

I hated Sammy - he’s a shoe in for our worst value for money signing although managing to swap him for Cammy Duncan from Thistle was a great bit of business. Gutless and barely kicked a ball for us.

Remember him being utterly invisible in the Scottish Cup Quarter against St Johnstone in ‘91 when he should have been busting a gut to show his old team they shouldn’t have let him go. Our worst player on the park which took some doing when up against our centre halves who allowed the smallest man on the park Allan Moore to score a hat-trick of headers.

Different guy from the one I remember, in fact i'd have him as one of the best players I ever watched in an Ayr jersey. 

Absolute class.

36 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

I would say unless anything goes drastically wrong on the Covid front there will  be fans in at this game 

40 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Get him signed/ announced and get the fans lifted 

8 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Interesting comments regarding Mark Kerr dismissal from 36:00 onwards 

Mcpake seems to forget that we went up there with hopkin and fucking tanked them that never happened when mark Kerr was in charge either. It works both ways

3 hours ago, WATTOO said:

It was definitely Aidan or Aiden, he came with a huge reputation as apparently lots of the big clubs were looking at him, however I think he ended up at Talbot or Glenafton !!

I remember hearing a story that our assistant or coach had turned up at Stranraer to pick him up and he had his TV with him as apparently he thought he needed it to get Irish TV stations, perhaps it was just one of those made up stories but he was allegedly not the sharpest tool in the box !!!

It was Cumnock. I don't think he lasted too long there either