The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Last semi-decent player I recall Ayr getting a good sum of money for was Craig Conway 🤔 we all know how that went 🙄

Since then, I can only think of players Ayr have wasted their money on, be it on wages or whatever eg. Kevin Kyle, Gary Harkins. 

Was hopeful Ayr would have got something for Shankland. 

Last semi-decent player I recall Ayr getting a good sum of money for was Craig Conway [emoji848] we all know how that went [emoji849]
Since then, I can only think of players Ayr have wasted their money on, be it on wages or whatever eg. Kevin Kyle, Gary Harkins. 
I'm sure Dundee United didn't wanna sell him due to the sell on fee we had on him

24 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Last semi-decent player I recall Ayr getting a good sum of money for was Craig Conway 🤔 we all know how that went 🙄

Would I be right in thinking that Peter Weir remains our record signing at around the £150k mark ??

14 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Would I be right in thinking that Peter Weir remains our record signing at around the £150k mark ??

I Googled it, Says Gary Teale £90000 from Clydebank. Also highest fee Received was Gary Teale, £400000 to Wigan. 

That's Google though. Might need updated or something. 

Am I right in saying we have some form of potential sell on for Rose at Coventry that he asked for in his contract as a thank you to the club? 
There was some talk about tht but not sure how that would work as he was a free transfer?

12 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Am I right in saying we have some form of potential sell on for Rose at Coventry that he asked for in his contract as a thank you to the club? 

I'm sure McCall said that, but I don't see a mechanism that would make it possible.

I'm sure McCall said that, but I don't see a mechanism that would make it possible.
I think the sell on clause thing was because we allowed him to travel down in January and agree the deal instead of waiting to be was out of contract, IIRC the deal was announced at the end of January

7 minutes ago, Dauntless said:

Got £350K for Stevie Nicol .

Spent £50K on Weir .

Campbell cost £90K

We paid about £70k for Reynolds if I remember correctly and Teale was about the same or just over I think ??

42 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

I Googled it, Says Gary Teale £90000 from Clydebank. Also highest fee Received was Gary Teale, £400000 to Wigan. 

That's Google though. Might need updated or something. 

Yes, that rings a bell.

We paid £100k for Sammy Johnston (Alan’s brother) from St Johnstone he was the record signing until the Daziel era, not sure if we broke that during his spell.

We swapped him for Cammy Duncan fairly quickly if I remember, maybe 3 months or so.  McCleod spent a fortune that year on fairly forgettable players. As a result, I remember getting slagged at school from Kilmarnock fans because we had signed a player for £3000 and something like 6 footballs during the Burley era. Somebody McVey I think, from Clyde 

38 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
41 minutes ago, Iain said:

I think the sell on clause thing was because we allowed him to travel down in January and agree the deal instead of waiting to be was out of contract, IIRC the deal was announced at the end of January

Yes , we get a sell on fee when Rose  moves on , if I recall correctly I think it’s only about 2/3% , still ok for nothing