Jump to content

The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

To cheer everyone up - I’m giving away 2 x mounted “Somerset Road End” prints away to our Ayr P&B posters.

All you need to do is post your best and worst ever Ayr players you have seen in the flesh.

I’ll pick winners later tonight and get them posted tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

 

57BFBD18-4D20-4271-BCCB-B743E57C9EB1.jpeg

Great idea.

Best - Shankland. Only one that I think comes close in my time is Stevo in his first spell.

Worst - so many no-hopers from the Roberts era contesting this so it wasn’t easy. I’ll go for Marc Twaddle.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, AUFC 1910 said:

To cheer everyone up - I’m giving away 2 x mounted “Somerset Road End” prints away to our Ayr P&B posters.

All you need to do is post your best and worst ever Ayr players you have seen in the flesh.

I’ll pick winners later tonight and get them posted tomorrow 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻

 

57BFBD18-4D20-4271-BCCB-B743E57C9EB1.jpeg

Best - Lawrence Shankland 

Worst - Ryan Donnelly 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Best - Shankland.

Worst - I was going to go with Benlarej, but he only played about 10 minutes.

Neil McNab came with a good reputation but his legs had gone, and he never strayed from the centre circle. Rank.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Aye thanks for that @AUFC 1910, nice bit of fun on a Sunday evening!

Made me realise just how bad things were from about 2004 to 2009-ish, with another dip when Roberts was in charge.  Was far more enjoyable thinking about some of the good players we've had in recent years!  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Sludden123 said:

Well done to the winners, and AUFC1910 for holding this comp.  I think some of your pictures would look good in the new social club, so all the fans can see them?

Think that might be the plan 👍🏻

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Posted (edited)
8 minutes ago, super_carson said:

Made me realise just how bad things were from about 2004 to 2009-ish, with another dip when Roberts was in charge.  Was far more enjoyable thinking about some of the good players we've had in recent years!  

There is a parallel universe where the Roberts side that absolutely horsed a full-strength, Europe-bound Motherwell 4-0 in preseason went on to get promoted twice and is kicking about in the top six to this day, and Anthony Marenghi first went back to der *** and then got signed by Leicester for 11 million quid instead of ending his career at East Kilbride before his thirties.

Edited by Thumper
Link to comment
Share on other sites

 

10 minutes ago, Finlay21 said:

Well done to the winners , and a specially well done to AUFC1910 for bringing a bit of normality back to the forum 

Nice to see you back @Finlay21. Your last post read a bit like a forum resignation (however temporary).

5 hours ago, Finlay21 said:

This forum is now getting as depressing as SRE ( which I have not visited since the week after Kerr took over )  , enjoy the season when it comes along 

Who is the owner going to start a beef with this week?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Thumper said:

There is a parallel universe where the Roberts side that absolutely horsed a full-strength, Europe-bound Motherwell 4-0 in preseason went on to get promoted twice and is kicking about in the top six to this day, and Anthony Marenghi first went back to der *** and then got signed by Leicester for 11 million quid instead of ending his career at East Kilbride before his thirties.

That side also drew with Bolton in pre-season didn't they?  I remember thinking that we were going to have a good season...

The low point that season for me was going to Albion Rovers on Boxing Day while I was home for Christmas. Absolutely eye-bleedingly brutal stuff.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

That side also drew with Bolton in pre-season didn't they?  I remember thinking that we were going to have a good season...

The low point that season for me was going to Albion Rovers on Boxing Day while I was home for Christmas. Absolutely eye-bleedingly brutal stuff.  

Aye, that's right. I was much the same, it's what stops me getting carried away in pre-season now. I'm amazed Roberts survived that Albion Rovers game. Was he not squaring up to fans?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...