The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

34 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It was the fact he called it a statement that really got me, NGL. 

Did he attempt to address anything you said or was it all just moaning about your “statement”?

9 hours ago, Trogdor said:

You're a natural optimist my friend.

It's the hope that kills you but without hope there's nothing !!

9 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

The club should be grateful we have passionate fans. If it's another season like last then apathy may well replace passion and then the board will have something to moan about. 

Censorship shouldn't exist whether folk are volunteers or paid employees 

Anyone who's a member of a Golf club / Bowling club etc will have seen it all before. Good guy with heart in right place goes on committee and suddenly starts taking every passing comment of greens / course condition etc as a personal slight / criticism, falls out with everyone including friends and becomes defensive to the point of lunacy. (been there incidentally).

I suppose a football Chairman is slightly different as also investing their own cash as well as time, however from a fans perspective they are merely the custodian who've stuck their head above the parapet and despite their personal investment are ultimately answerable to the fans whether they like it or not.

Let's hope it's love and harmony for us all for the season ahead.....

The best runners of club are single minded, arrogant, dickheads who won't bend for anyone IMO. 

If you've got a weak chairman then you're fucked. No plan will be held long term as you'll always have someone, somewhere, criticising it.

8 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

It wouldn't be the first time a club employing David Hopkin has shown ridiculous levels of paranoia about what supporters are posting on forums.

Are you suggesting that davie hopkin took a screen shot and sent it to Dave smith? 

11 hours ago, eez-eh said:

Did he attempt to address anything you said or was it all just moaning about your “statement”?

Just a wee moan.  Oddball behaviour. 

Weird especially going after one of our more visible fans on social media, I though we'd got away from that behaviour when Cameron stood down, saying that some of his Q&A sessions on the SRE Facebook page were comedy gold.

2 minutes ago, Superhursy7 said:
7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

Weird especially going after one of our more visible fans on social media, I though we'd got away from that behaviour when Cameron stood down, saying that some of his Q&A sessions on the SRE Facebook page were comedy gold.

The Q&A sessions could be a bit tinpot but that’s nothing like seeking out someone for making negative comments on social media.

1 hour ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Are you suggesting that davie hopkin took a screen shot and sent it to Dave smith? 

By all accounts Hopkin (or one of the coaches) were the ones who got the “no heart...” banner taken down at the QOS game. My mate is a steward and he says that the stadium guy was quite happy to have it up there but Hopkin or a coach said to get it down. Maybe they’d resort to screenshots as well 😑