The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Jack Hamilton signing for us would confirm Hopkin is trolling us. I can learn to live with one proven diddy (McGinty) in the squad but Hamilton really has been one of the worst goalies in this league in the last couple of seasons. I’d genuinely rather we gave some random from England a shot than take Hamilton.

Surely we should be asking the question about Doohan?

2 hours ago, Trogdor said:

I've had a stab at the current squad, I've probably missed someone. Where a player can play in another position I've stuck it in brackets (not exhaustive).

Goalkeepers:

None

8 Defenders:

Finn Ecrepont, Paddy Reading; Aaron Muirhead (CM), Jack Baird, Sean McGinty, Markus Fjørtoft, Jordan Houston, Michael Hewitt

6 Midfielders:

Andy Murdoch, Michael Miller (RB), Joe Chalmers, Nick McAllister (RB), Cameron Salkeld, Paul Smith

2 Strikers:

Michael Moffat, Mark McKenzie

Is this right? 16 in total? I reckon we must be looking at another 8 (including the 2 loans from Burnley?)  Taking us to 24?

I thought it was strange that Liam Miller (who half the fans wouldn't know) was on our released list but we never mentioned Ross Love or Gabe Skeoch.

I'm guessing both are away or nobody's ever told Hopkin they exist.

No but there is being a c**t and there is taking the piss. I missed a hyphen big fucking deal, I’d normally have fixed it but someone had already quoted it by the time I had noticed so no point fixing it by that point. 
He was absolutely correct to treat you in a cuntish way IMO. If you don't like how he responded I suggest you re-sign from the forum.

I think we all sometimes need a little reality check, Jack Hamilton might not have the greatest reputation among P&B posters, however he is only 27 and has been both Hearts & Dundee #1 in the Premier plus had multiple international caps throughout all youth levels including 2 call ups for the full national team so he must have done something right along the way.

I'm not for one minute saying I would LOVE Ayr to sign him, however I do think we need to appreciate where we stand in the pecking order within Scottish Football and not be coming across with all the patronising and condescending type patter every time we're linked with a player.

For what it's worth I'd be trying to pull out all the stops to get Ross Doohan back, whether that be another Loan or a permanent deal should Celtic terminate his contract early / allow him to leave.

5 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

You’ve forgot Cammy Salkekd, we currently have a squad of 16. I reckon we’ll run with a squad of 21 however I can see Ecrepont, Hewitt and Smith possibly all going out on loan so we’re looking at 7 signings (think Luca Sandberg will be our sub goalkeeper) 

Very randomly I just noticed there is a Luca Sandberg on the bench for Albion Rovers reserves today - can't be too many of them around surely, has he maybe left? 

50 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think we all sometimes need a little reality check, Jack Hamilton might not have the greatest reputation among P&B posters, however he is only 27 and has been both Hearts & Dundee #1 in the Premier plus had multiple international caps throughout all youth levels including 2 call ups for the full national team so he must have done something right along the way.

I'm not for one minute saying I would LOVE Ayr to sign him, however I do think we need to appreciate where we stand in the pecking order within Scottish Football and not be coming across with all the patronising and condescending type patter every time we're linked with a player.

For what it's worth I'd be trying to pull out all the stops to get Ross Doohan back, whether that be another Loan or a permanent deal should Celtic terminate his contract early / allow him to leave.

I don’t think it’s patronising or condescending to hope we don’t sign a keeper who regularly throws the ball into his own net. 

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

think we all sometimes need a little reality check, Jack Hamilton might not have the greatest reputation among P&B posters, however he is only 27 and has been both Hearts & Dundee #1 in the Premier plus had multiple international caps throughout all youth levels including 2 call ups for the full national team so he must have done something right along the way.

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking . Too many on here behaving like fans of the vermin from up the road . That sense of entitlement isn’t a good look . 

9 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

You sir are a pedantic twat! 

it's not pedantry. the two things literally mean the opposite of one another.

4 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Surely we should be asking the question about Doohan?

If I were Ross Doohan I would be looking around at the opportunities (and wages) available at my level (Championship contenders and Premiership clubs) and not charitably halving my wages to f**k around with the possibility of League One football the season after next.

1 hour ago, WATTOO said:

31 minutes ago, North British said:

Pretty much exactly what I was thinking . Too many on here behaving like fans of the vermin from up the road . That sense of entitlement isn’t a good look . 

There we have it.

Conclusive proof that happy clappers will literally treat everything as a positive.

Jack fucking Hamilton.

42 minutes ago, North British said:

Fucks sake - wanting a competent goalkeeper is entitlement now! 

44 minutes ago, North British said:

Too many on here behaving like fans of the vermin from up the road.

The Blighted East finished third in the table under Clarke. I don't think it's fair to chastise them for repeatedly saying "this idiot will get us relegated" when they did, in fact, get relegated a whole two seasons later.

13 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

Fucks sake - wanting a competent goalkeeper is entitlement now! 

Spot on. It was one Dundee fan who posted it on their thread so I’m not overly worried just yet but Jack Hamilton has proving at both Hearts and Dundee that’s he’s complete muck. If we signed him we would comfortably have the worst Goalkeeper and Centre half in the league. 

Please Forgive my ignorance. I don't know much about Jack Hamilton other than what's on here and a quick Google search. I honestly thought Hopkin was for looking at keepers down south (The fear that he returns with a Cammy Belford type makes me pee my pants) . Though surely to f*ck Jack Hamilton would be a better choice than Ryan Scully? 🙄

Im sure a Decent keeper will come to Somerset, a Doohan return would be a belter 👍

Edited by Roxanne's man
Cammy Belford input.

Wee bit of Saturday night fun, who on here sent me saying I hated how the club was going to the chairman? 

Owning up can't be anywhere near as embarrassing as his message he sent me don't worry. 

Edited by itzdrk

2 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Please Forgive my ignorance. I don't know much about Jack Hamilton other than what's on here and a quick Google search. I honestly thought Hopkin was for looking at keepers down south. Though surely to f*ck Jack Hamilton would be a better choice than Ryan Scully? 🙄

Im sure a Decent keeper will come to Somerset, a Doohan return would be a belter 👍

What drugs you on man? I'm game for whatever.