The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Also Falkirk signed Nesbitt which surely means they'll not get McGuffie too, still reckon he could end up back at us.

Could do a lot worse in terms of attacking players

McGuffie is fine as an impact sub for twenty minutes, but I wouldn’t want him to start a single game. 

4 minutes ago, No_Problemo said:

McGuffie is fine as an impact sub for twenty minutes, but I wouldn’t want him to start a single game. 

Scored a couple of screamers last season, seemed to improve last year

McGuffie was a player I always thought would be better suited to a deeper, central role. He had a low centre of gravity and had the ability to pick a pass, I think he was a capable winger as a youth but struggled as a senior to beat fullbacks regularly.

1 hour ago, JohnGAYR said:

Yes think they are building a squad that will not see them relegated.

Signing wise at the moment I'd have them strong favourites.   The manager has clearly planned for it.  

46 minutes ago, Hursty said:

When Moore left a few weeks ago I was reminded of this photo - my dad, my son and some of my favourites from the team at that point.  Moore leaving means none of the players are left, yet tomorrow after his football training I'm treating the wee man at 5 years old to his first season ticket.  And the thing is - if he asks me how will Ayr do next year? I'll be the most fake enthusiastic I can possibly be cos his first ever game is hopefully going to be Edinburgh at home haha. 

Screenshot_20210605-000148_WhatsApp.jpg

“Look son the team is going to stink the place out on the way back to league 1 but look how good they look in that strip” 

10 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Only video I see is for Moffat resigning

right I don't care that adult literacy in scotland is like 70% when one takes apostophes into account. On a football forum, losing the hyphen between "resigning" and "re-signing" should result in a permanent, lifetime, family-wide ban.

6 hours ago, Thumper said:

right I don't care that adult literacy in scotland is like 70% when one takes apostophes into account. On a football forum, losing the hyphen between "resigning" and "re-signing" should result in a permanent, lifetime, family-wide ban.

You sir are a pedantic twat! 

20 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Kiltie has shown he is bang average in the Championship

I know dryhorce used to hang around here claiming Dylan Dykes would be a good signing, but this is the worst take in this thread. He's far too good for this division and he'll be leaving Kilmarnock to stay in the Premiership.

8 hours ago, rb123! said:

Scored a couple of screamers last season, seemed to improve last year

He has left Morton after scoring a couple of screamers, being an okay impact sub at times but generally flattering to deceive. I think his issue is that he hasn’t kicked on at all, usually looks good coming on as a sub, but start him and generally anonymous. 

4 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

I know dryhorce used to hang around here claiming Dylan Dykes would be a good signing, but this is the worst take in this thread. He's far too good for this division and he'll be leaving Kilmarnock to stay in the Premiership.

This. Half the top flight, and a couple of clubs in English League One, seem to scrambling over each other to sign him.

10 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

Yes, he falls into the "could spend the money more wisely" category for me.

Part of me feels sorry for McGuffie as he came into the team at a time where we couldn’t afford to be patient with him and play him every week like we did with Forrest. Plus, McCowan came out of nowhere and instantly overtook him as well.

On the other hand I can’t remember many games he started where he did great. All his good performances were off the bench and I’d rather any player we brought in was going to be able to be relied on regardless of whether they’re starting or coming on as a sub.

You sir are a pedantic twat! 
He's completely right and for one good reason...

The two different spellings literally mean the opposite thing!

If Mark kerr had resigned i think most of our fan base would've been celebrating wildly, and then they'd slowly realise that we were stuck with him for manager for even longer!

Lifetime ban. Learn the basics.

Part of me feels sorry for McGuffie as he came into the team at a time where we couldn’t afford to be patient with him and play him every week like we did with Forrest. Plus, McCowan came out of nowhere and instantly overtook him as well.

On the other hand I can’t remember many games he started where he did great. All his good performances were off the bench and I’d rather any player we brought in was going to be able to be relied on regardless of whether they’re starting or coming on as a sub.
He came off beach against Morton IIRC in the first league game when we came back up and looked excellent but never really kicked on from there, he's definitely got talent but is still very inconsistent

8 hours ago, Thumper said:

I did the same joke but was a bit kinder. 🙈