The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Killie is class. He’ll get a premiership club no bother. 

Fook me, think that’s the mother of all spelling mistakes 😂

Still preferable to the political nonsense 

Lafferty got offered a contract, so he can't have been "released" surely.

Going to be interesting to see who they trust to take them back up. Probably won't be ex-Morton and Conference journeymen though.

26 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Lafferty got offered a contract, so he can't have been "released" surely.

Going to be interesting to see who they trust to take them back up. Probably won't be ex-Morton and Conference journeymen though.

No it's Blair Blair Alston 🤣🤣

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

4pbyxv.jpg

No - next season should be far more competitive, even if last season was incredibly close owing to nearly everyone having months-long spells of rank incompetence. I'd trust them to finish nearer to it than a club who are already so certain of being relegated that they've brought in a back-up manager before bothering with any forwards, midfielders or keepers.

9 minutes ago, Thumper said:

No - next season should be far more competitive, even if last season was incredibly close owing to nearly everyone having months-long spells of rank incompetence. I'd trust them to finish nearer to it than a club who are already so certain of being relegated that they've brought in a back-up manager before bothering with any forwards, midfielders or keepers.

Bloody hell. It's the beginning of June, plenty of time yet.

Calm down ffs.

Having different coaches and management styles is a good thing in my opinion, as long as the man with the final say is willing to listen. McCall had Scally, Stillie, Stewart and Brannigan.

I’d rather have a coach with 30 years experience on the training ground than a data analyst. I am not slagging McCardle here specifically but putting them close to the first team action has not gone well for any club. It is a big season for Hopkin, if he fails at Ayr then it’ll probably be his last management job, so he will be as keen to get this right as anyone. As long as we don’t get in to the Barr situation where the chairman is treating the manager like a son and bailing him out at every opportunity. Kerr Got support but maybe he saw bringing in additional coaches as an admission of failure.  

It would be good to hear something from The club today other than give us your money. 2 main concerns that fans had at the end of the season were that Hopkin would raid Morton and that his recruitment was dodgy. 
The first has happened, the lack of communication from the club and Hopkin in particular is getting steadily worse.  It isn’t putting fans minds at ease that there is a plan and next season is worth investing in. 
Currently we know what the away strip looks like but not when it is on sale, we don’t know anything about the home top, season tickets were announced today, no fanfare or launch, quote from the chairman or manager, no new signing to promote it or get excited about. 
The club is getting further away from the fans by the day in terms of output and they don’t seem to care about addressing it. 

5 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Having different coaches and management styles is a good thing in my opinion, as long as the man with the final say is willing to listen. McCall had Scally, Stillie, Stewart and Brannigan.

I’d rather have a coach with 30 years experience on the training ground than a data analyst. I am not slagging McCardle here specifically but putting them close to the first team action has not gone well for any club. It is a big season for Hopkin, if he fails at Ayr then it’ll probably be his last management job, so he will be as keen to get this right as anyone. As long as we don’t get in to the Barr situation where the chairman is treating the manager like a son and bailing him out at every opportunity. Kerr Got support but maybe he saw bringing in additional coaches as an admission of failure.  

It would be good to hear something from The club today other than give us your money. 2 main concerns that fans had at the end of the season were that Hopkin would raid Morton and that his recruitment was dodgy. 
The first has happened, the lack of communication from the club and Hopkin in particular is getting steadily worse.  It isn’t putting fans minds at ease that there is a plan and next season is worth investing in. 
Currently we know what the away strip looks like but not when it is on sale, we don’t know anything about the home top, season tickets were announced today, no fanfare or launch, quote from the chairman or manager, no new signing to promote it or get excited about. 
The club is getting further away from the fans by the day in terms of output and they don’t seem to care about addressing it. 

Yes, it is a tad frustrating but time is on our side just now. New chairman, who has already linked Ayr up with a reasonably sized team, there's a plan in there somewhere. Hopkin recruiting players from his previous team is no surprise, though I'm sure there are better player still to come, if not and Ayr are rotting at the bottom of the league, that's when we start worrying and punt Hopkin, for now though have patience. The signing of Jim Duffy is a good thing and the coaching staff does look better than what it was. 

42 minutes ago, Thumper said:

It'll come, just hold on. Rome wasn't built in a day. Have faith. 

Agree with many points here, not sure if its covid related but have Black & White TV not had any access to the new signings and the manager for interviews like they usually do?  Wasnt even anything with Jim Duffy yesterday. All big opportunities to connect with the support.
MIssed a trick getting the season tickets out straight off the back of Killie getting relegated or along with a signing/launch of the home kit, especially when handing out the £10 vouchers.
Dont have a right to hear everything happening within the walls, but engagement is important

I’ll agree that it would’ve been good to get a pre season interview/update with Hopkin like we did with Kerr and McCall although maybe for whatever reason that wasn’t possible. I would also like to have seen something done with Duffy yesterday but again there’s only so much he can actually talk about given he’s only our coach.

I think what we need are a couple of solid, non-Morton signings for folk to reassure folk. No doubt we’ll sign a goalie from the conference down South and he’ll be instantly written off though.

10 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’ll agree that it would’ve been good to get a pre season interview/update with Hopkin like we did with Kerr and McCall although maybe for whatever reason that wasn’t possible. I would also like to have seen something done with Duffy yesterday but again there’s only so much he can actually talk about given he’s only our coach.

I think what we need are a couple of solid, non-Morton signings for folk to reassure folk. No doubt we’ll sign a goalie from the conference down South and he’ll be instantly written off though.

Pretty much this.

A couple of decent signings to show me that we won’t be utter shite next season and will be showing a bit of ambition and I’ll get my season ticket. Not that I wouldn’t attend otherwise, but I can’t make every game.

26 minutes ago, diege said:

Just realised there are videos... never saw them! oops

To be honest I can't tell you the last time I was on B&W TV. Always feels like a faff as I have to reset my password everytime, might be a stretch to blame the club for my poor memory though. 

I've renewed mine. 👍

Edit - I didn't follow the website instructions tbf and click on the pro member card thing so I ended up buying it as a new one. That's what comes from not reading instructions 🙈

Edited by Trogdor