The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Just as well the Hub and derbies are back next season because this team so far has left me whelmed at best.

I'm normally one of the first to tell the 'knicker wetters' to calm down etc but I have a really uneasy feeling about this season - really hope the next signing or two are of some real quality as I can't shake the feeling it's going to be a bit of a disaster.  This despite still having a part time side in Arbroath plus no particular sign that Morton or QoS are going to significantly improve either. 

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

As much as folk hate McCall that's brilliant lol

I don't even hate him, I just wish he had still been here when the takeover and talk of bigger budgets etc happened.  Or that Smith had taken over when we had just been promoted.  Seems like things were so close to aligning perfectly. 

I think we need to appreciate that there are still many signings to come, there's no way on earth that we're going with 1 striker (yet to be signed) and 1 youth player recently graduated. We also don't have any wingers on the books at all and no Goalkeepers at all plus are majorly short in Midfield.

I'm sure if we know this, then Hopkin and David Smith will be more than aware !!!

5 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I think we need to appreciate that there are still many signings to come, there's no way on earth that we're going with 1 striker (yet to be signed) and 1 youth player recently graduated. We also don't have any wingers on the books at all and no Goalkeepers at all plus are majorly short in Midfield.

I'm sure if we know this, then Hopkin and David Smith will be more than aware !!!

Again, based on what he did at Morton it isn't really that far fetched. We just have to hope he learned his lesson this time around and that a large part of it was down to Morton being a basket case of a club that time around

Edited by UpInTheAyr

14 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I'm normally one of the first to tell the 'knicker wetters' to calm down etc but I have a really uneasy feeling about this season - really hope the next signing or two are of some real quality as I can't shake the feeling it's going to be a bit of a disaster.  This despite still having a part time side in Arbroath plus no particular sign that Morton or QoS are going to significantly improve either. 

Uneasy is the right word tbf. It's still early but I'm needing a proper marquee signing. 

1 minute ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think we are going for the horrible to play against style next season, with a splattering of kicking c***s up and down the park,  which should rile a few opposing fans up.

Oh well, it will make a change to us being booted off the pitch by a team of Animals, don't know if I'm looking forward to it or not but at least would be an improvement on the neither one thing or t'other from last season.

1 minute ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Both he and McKenna now on! Both utter gash in an ayr shirt

Yes, it would have been a one way ticket to Ailsa if anyone had stated 2 future Scotland stars !!

8 minutes ago, rgreig said:

McGinty to star in Euro 2024?

"Former Man Utd star" as opposed to big Jamie who would be "farmer U21 star"

If my counting is right we have 13 signed for next season . That’s at the very minimum 7 short . There is no way we are going to start a season with 16 . Also roughly speaking if we match last season’s budget we have room for six or seven . Perhaps us finishing at the wrong end of the league is scaring some off a bit , just as our fourth place finish last season attracted one or two rock stars , I won’t name them again .

Also the term utility player has been quoted. , it scares people , usually translates to haddy ! However Cammy Smith could be classed as a utility player as could Craig Conway . So keep the faith and let’s see what occurs in the next two weeks . Also can we ban the M word , you know that useless club from Greenock . Just saying ....

23 minutes ago, North British said:

If my counting is right we have 13 signed for next season . That’s at the very minimum 7 short . There is no way we are going to start a season with 16 . Also roughly speaking if we match last season’s budget we have room for six or seven . Perhaps us finishing at the wrong end of the league is scaring some off a bit , just as our fourth place finish last season attracted one or two rock stars , I won’t name them again .

Also the term utility player has been quoted. , it scares people , usually translates to haddy ! However Cammy Smith could be classed as a utility player as could Craig Conway . So keep the faith and let’s see what occurs in the next two weeks . Also can we ban the M word , you know that useless club from Greenock . Just saying ....

Smith is a 10 and Conway a winger! How are they utility players?  Geggan, Miller salkeld are all utility players ie play more than one position 

55 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I think we are going for the horrible to play against style next season, with a splattering of kicking c***s up and down the park,  which should rile a few opposing fans up.

We don’t even have the players for that.