The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was an absolute unit. Shame his knees were made of chocolate though.

Never seen someone go off injured without showing any actual signs of being injured as much in my life.  

How many is that in the squad now in total and how many more signings are we expected to make? Another 4 or 5 (goalkeeper, midfielder, winger and striker x 2). Assuming we will probably go with an academy keeper on the bench? 

24 minutes ago, Richey Edwards said:

He was an absolute unit. Shame his knees were made of chocolate though.

Went into bodybuilding after retiring so last picture I seen of him it looked like he was covered in chocolate. Clearly likes his fake tan.

Decent player who probably could have stepped up a level if it wasn't for badly timed injuries.

22 minutes ago, ecocme said:

How many is that in the squad now in total and how many more signings are we expected to make? Another 4 or 5 (goalkeeper, midfielder, winger and striker x 2). Assuming we will probably go with an academy keeper on the bench? 

I make it 16. That’s including Ecrepont, Hewitt and Paul Smith.  21 is probably the magic number we’re looking at at so don’t think you’ll be far off with your 4/5 guess. Maybe a few more if any of the 3 youngsters go on loan. 

Great to see Moffat back for another year, guessing he'll be used more sparingly than we're used to. Sounds like he's being groomed into a fitness coach, hopefully it means he will have a longer association with the club post playing career. 

Would like to see Finn being put out on loan to a league 1 side to see how he copes until Christmas. We seem quite well covered at the back now in terms of bodies other than a major injury crisis. 

27 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Great to see Moffat back for another year, guessing he'll be used more sparingly than we're used to. Sounds like he's being groomed into a fitness coach, hopefully it means he will have a longer association with the club post playing career. 

Would like to see Finn being put out on loan to a league 1 side to see how he copes until Christmas. We seem quite well covered at the back now in terms of bodies other than a major injury crisis. 

Could we possibly see him going to one of our feeder clubs in Ireland or Wales?

44 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Could we possibly see him going to one of our feeder clubs in Ireland or Wales?

I think you could be right as David Smith said in his interview would better sending loanees out to these clubs ( and he mentioned rather than a Albion Rovers  ) to make them stronger  living away from home 

We've announced Conway is leaving us, FWIW.

Some chat his family is still based in England so he'll try and get a move back down there.

Conway stays in England so he won’t sign for us……he just spent a season playing for a team in Perth…….

His folks stay local, I wouldn’t be surprised if he signed for us next season. 

I can see us signing Fox from Motherwell and perhaps a loan keeper from Burnley to challenge. 

27 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

can see us signing Fox from Motherwell

He would do a job for this Ayr team. Get him in and that's the back sorted. Todorov and another striker, new centre mid and a winger, then I'll be happy 🙂 no more from greenock though.