The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

We need to be aiming higher than Gault. Also depending on who we re-sign the wide positions don't worry me.

Its the defence that needs fixing. To that end, Marshall would be a great signing and would be delighted if it came off. (However unlikely)

We need to be aiming higher than Gault. Also depending on who we re-sign the wide positions don't worry me.
Its the defence that needs fixing. To that end, Marshall would be a great signing and would be delighted if it came off. (However unlikely)

To be fair, playing at a lower level doesn’t mean there isn’t a load of potential there to play higher up.

However calling McDaid etc mediocre compared to him was a ridiculous comment.

In the Championship I'd take tried and tested over potential any day of the week.  

There's a fine line, especially in the championship, to be blooding potential. I reckon you'd get away with one or 2 in "less important" positions (winger, striker) than at CM or Centre Half.
Be interesting to see what McCall does over the summer.

Ayr chiefs will sit down this week with the squad to talk money with the squad according to the Ayrshire Post.

Doesn't sound like any immediate news about any siginings or re-signings, probably be next week at the earliest before any news.

Ayr chiefs will sit down this week with the squad to talk money with the squad according to the Ayrshire Post.

Doesn't sound like any immediate news about any siginings or re-signings, probably be next week at the earliest before any news.

Doc was saying in one of the papers he’s hoping to re-sign for us.

Sounds like McCall wants to make sure he gets every signing right this year. Just hope he doesn’t take to long.

Doc was saying in one of the papers he’s hoping to re-sign for us.

Sounds like McCall wants to make sure he gets every signing right this year. Just hope he doesn’t take to long.
Yeah says about wanting to avoid a load of loan signings, doesn't exactly have a good record with them apart from Moore really.

Regarding Doc an extremely big gamble in my opinion, been out for 6 months with an injury that nobody seems to know what it is.

Yeah says about wanting to avoid a load of loan signings, doesn't exactly have a good record with them apart from Moore really.

Regarding Doc an extremely big gamble in my opinion, been out for 6 months with an injury that nobody seems to know what it is.

He’s had problems stemming way back to Livi. Dunno if it’s his leg or ankle but he’s hoping after he’s had surgery his injury problems will be behind him.

Moore, Preston and McCrorie are the only loan signings that have really worked for us. Think he’ll try and build a team for the long term though and not one that’ll have a huge turnover every year.

I’d invite Doc back for pre-season and ask him to prove his fitness before offering him a deal.

Don’t get me wrong, he’s been a great servant for us but I don’t think he’s ever quite hit the form of his first season with us.

He was probably offered a substantial wage to stay with us this season and I don’t know if we could justify him being one of our higher earners next season.

10 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Doc should be offered less money than he was on this season, which was probably up there in terms of pay.

With pre season back on the 16th next month, it'd be good to have the squad settled by then.

WTF, would you if you were going in at a higher level and more money coming in

Doc, like the rest of the young players, who choose to  sign a 1 year deal instead of two, are no doubt doing so to keep their options open in case they have a stoater of a season and possibly get offers from bigger clubs, or put them in a better position to ask for more money when discussing a new contract. If the players are effectively judging themselves on the basis of a good season then it's only fair the club do the same if they have a bad one. It has to work both ways.