The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Aidan Nesbitt has left Morton. Will he be the latest to stroll down the coast and sign for the Super

I'm lazily assuming so.  I'd always thought he was decent but Ton fans seem delighted he is away so maybe not.

Edited by Hursty

2 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Markus and Sean played 21 matches together for the Ton helping the side to 8 clean sheets.

The initial post has been deleted for some reason, but if this is the basis of how the club are identifying defensive / goalkeeping talent then we are genuinely doomed. 

Edited by BukyOHare

7 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Any worse than mcguffie? 

Both ineffective for large parts of the game but at least McGuffie can finish.

Had high hopes for Nesbitt on his return. Seems a decent guy but performances weren't good enough.

16 minutes ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Good replacement for Todd/Mccowan? I've never seen him play

I'd imagine he would be a similar sort of standard replacement for Todd / Zanatta role. But considering I'm putting my hopes on the main budget being spent on attackers now that the defence is sorted I'd be extremely underwhelmed if he did sign. 

Just now, Hursty said:

I'd imagine he would be a similar sort of standard replacement for Todd / Zanatta role. But considering I'm putting my hopes on the main budget being spent on attackers now that the defence is sorted I'd be extremely underwhelmed if he did sign. 

Pretty much this - he seemed to be a good prospect and made moves to Dundee United etc but seems to have stalled/regressed. Wouldn't be the worst signing, but we really need some top end championship quality in our attacking signings. 

3 minutes ago, Hursty said:

I’d like Armstrong Conway and todorov. Someone like Nesbitt would maybe be good for the bench. Still feel like we need at least one more striker as going with only todorov (if he was to sign) and Mckenzie would leave us too light up top 

Firstly.... Fjortoft looks class, we was reason morton had as many clean sheets.. Strong commanding and seems decent lad... I believe from that I have read elsewhere that a number of clubs wanted him. 

Mcallister again a number of other clubs were in for him and he chose ayr due to location and the gaffer...got rave reviews at short stint at Dumbarton and they offered him a rather excellent deal to stay including a job on railways.... Probs equating to a better offer than we offered... Great signing... 

McGinty not had a great couple of seasons but must be in player in there somewhere as Manchester United spent 1 million signing him from Charlton...... What I will say is hope he doesn't read social media, and or p&b as the negativity aimed towards him before he had even kicked a ball is disgraceful....... Maybe if we get behind him and give him some encouragement he might thrive.... Just like Aero has.... 

Finally...... It seems us ayr fans have a short memory.... The club is going in the right direction building for long term future and creating a club that can sustain itself.... LONG TERM.... have some patience...... It wasn't long ago we were staring league TWO in the face and getting pumped off of STRANRAER....... 

SO let's get beind the lads and support them...... 100 percent....

Positivity breeds Positivity after all..... 

Let's smash this season and cheer the lads on to success..... 

Edited by OnlyAyrfaninTarbolton