The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Trogdor said:

Is this the same Ross Robertson who played all over the park? I'm sure I recall Roberts playing him in defense and upfront. I could be getting him confused, I'm sure he scored a few goals but was pretty rancid up top.

He played every position through the middle I think. Reid had him down as a centre mid but I’m sure he played at centre half too. Roberts then took over and decided he was the centre forward to spearhead our second division title charge.

6 minutes ago, eez-eh said:

He played every position through the middle I think. Reid had him down as a centre mid but I’m sure he played at centre half too. Roberts then took over and decided he was the centre forward to spearhead our second division title charge.

Did he not score a fairly important goal against Dundee or someone like that in one of our doomed survival attempts of that era? Or am I getting mixed up.  

36 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Did he not score a fairly important goal against Dundee or someone like that in one of our doomed survival attempts of that era? Or am I getting mixed up.  

He scored the winner in the game where Keigan Parker scored the best actual goal I've seen in my life. Robertson's goal was a desperate thing cocked in from a yard. 3-2, but got relegated anyway.

17 minutes ago, Thumper said:

He scored the winner in the game where Keigan Parker scored the best actual goal I've seen in my life. Robertson's goal was a desperate thing cocked in from a yard. 3-2, but got relegated anyway.

Ah, that Parker goal - I saw it from about the corner flag - it was like something out of a movie - time just stood still.

It stands alongside Andy Walker’s chipped penalty against Killie as the best goal I have seen in the flesh.

1 minute ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Ah, that Parker goal - I saw it from about the corner flag - it was like something out of a movie - time just stood still.

I was on the north terrace and my knees went to jelly. An utterly ridiculous fifa-94-on-the-megadrive goal. As were all the rest in that match.

50 minutes ago, Thumper said:

Aye thats the one I was thinking about. I was at a wedding so missed it, Parker's goal and all. 

4 hours ago, madton said:

It's Hopkin BTW...

Yeah most of the Ayr posters don't let little things like spelling of folks names and grammar get in the way here...since it's the internet, they don't care if it makes them look stupid. We shouldn't OF signed MacGintie

2 hours ago, Mod1967 said:

Note to chairman Smith, please have our current and futures manager's read P & B , to gain permission for signings from fans and take advice from Partick thistle and Morton fans.....biggest lot of shite posted today and that is saying something, fuckin unbelievable stuff!!!

Some people really dont get sarcasm 🙄 of course I wasn’t saying Hopkin, Smith etc should  be reading P&B for the mood music. Fuckin unbelievable stuff that you took it so literally 

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

Was that not said as a joke by @Hursty?

He literally said at the bottom of the post that he made it up...this is why the general public cannot be trusted with social media, they only read what they want to hear

Its why people believe either 99.99% of people die from covid, or the vaccines will kill 99.99% of people - depending on the political leanings of your facebook friends and google searches