The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Just now, ayrunitedfw said:

Hopefully hear some news of the re-signings soon so we can properly plan. 

Think your right , strong rumours on new players still to sign , but it’s quiet  on re-signings surely they should be announced sooner rather than later due to speculation kicking around about Todd and McCowan 

2 hours ago, Roxanne's man said:

Very strange reading this 🤔

IMG_20210527_191926.jpg

Christ. that Man Utd team is a who's who when you read through it, however on the night Pogba stood out an absolute mile.

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:
Christ. that Man Utd team is a who's who when you read through it, however on the night Pogba stood out an absolute mile.

IIRC did Gibson not lose the head and would have been sent of if it was a competitive game.

Yeah, his attitude was honking. 

1 minute ago, Superhursy7 said:
9 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

IIRC did Gibson not lose the head and would have been sent of if it was a competitive game.

Yes, he was billy bigtiming it but in actual fact had a nightmare. He obviously thought playing with the young lads was below him.

6 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

Nonsense! Ross Robertson was all over him!!! 😂😂😂

Is this the same Ross Robertson who played all over the park? I'm sure I recall Roberts playing him in defense and upfront. I could be getting him confused, I'm sure he scored a few goals but was pretty rancid up top.

2 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Is this the same Ross Robertson who played all over the park? I'm sure I recall Roberts playing him in defense and upfront. I could be getting him confused, I'm sure he scored a few goals but was pretty rancid up top.

He wasn't that great but could play anywhere on the park. Bit like me, in the sense that I can play any instrument in the world, I'm equally shit at every one of them 😂. Not sure where he went after Ayr. 

16 minutes ago, Jeff Venom said:

My memories of that game are Paul Pogba was 16 years old, played numerous positions, and was head and shoulders above anything on the park, while our John Robertson had a stormer.

Think the whole Ayr team did well and the 1-0 loss didn't show lack of effort on the pitch. Oliver Norwood's shot wasn't going to be stopped by anyone and Kevin Cuthbert done well receiving shots on goal constantly. 

Still Think Roddy Patterson should have scored. Need to invest in a Delorean and a Flux Capacitor. 😊👍

Edited by Roxanne's man

25 minutes ago, Roxanne's man said:

He wasn't that great but could play anywhere on the park. Bit like me, in the sense that I can play any instrument in the world, I'm equally shit at every one of them 😂. Not sure where he went after Ayr. 

Glenafton. He is the biggest diving cheating b*****d in the (now-ex) Juniors

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Disappointed that Hopkin didn’t read the room and give McGinty a by. Think I’d rather we had kept Roscoe tbh. Quite happy with Fjort signing but the other two signing so far have also been underwhelming. Just don’t understand why Hopkin is signing players from Morton who aren’t even the best players in a piss poor Morton team

Note to chairman Smith, please have our current and futures manager's read P & B , to gain permission for signings from fans and take advice from Partick thistle and Morton fans.....biggest lot of shite posted today and that is saying something, fuckin unbelievable stuff!!!

Pogba that day was by far the best individual performance I've ever seen in the flesh. I've seen Guardiola's Bayern horse Werden Bremen 5-0 at the Allianz but that was a team effort. To be quite honest Pogba could have come on himself and still won. And it was a diddy nothing friendly.

Anyway, the happy clappers had better start fucking clapping. I'm reminded of the hubris of literally sending a guy to write a book from inside Ayr's dressing room during the Roberts era. I've yet to stomach reading it and it still sits on my bookshelf mocking me.

1 hour ago, Jeff Venom said:

My memories of that game are Paul Pogba was 16 years old, played numerous positions, and was head and shoulders above anything on the park, while our John Robertson had a stormer.

I'm sure that not long after Gibson had kicked out at someone and I was giving him dogs abuse for being a w****r he sent a high ball from midfield out to the right wing (stand side) that was well overhit and I was midway through the "waaahayyy ya w****r" when Pogba who was out on that side stuck out a leg and brought the ball down beautifully right before it crossed the line.  Shut me right up.