The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This forum is comedy gold today. I do enjoy us tearing strips off one another. 🙈

FWIW this is a football forum and is about opinions. If you can't handle that then best log off.

Edited by Trogdor

6 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Games are simply not the same without away fans. 

Games were not the same without home fans. I’d much rather have a stadium full of our fans singing our songs rather than say a restricted home crowd  it some away fans. I’m sure it’s hypothetical but first and foremost get home fans back and then take it from there 

6 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

This forum is comedy gold today. I do enjoy us tearing strips off one another. 🙈

FWIW this is a football forum and is about opinions. If you can't handle that then best log off.

Football forum for Football People! 

2521.jpg

Disappointed that Hopkin didn’t read the room and give McGinty a by. Think I’d rather we had kept Roscoe tbh. Quite happy with Fjort signing but the other two signing so far have also been underwhelming. Just don’t understand why Hopkin is signing players from Morton who aren’t even the best players in a piss poor Morton team

3 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There’s 4 of that Ayr squad that I have absolutely no recollection of 

I'm guessing Fisher, Hawkshaw, Kelly and Moore?

Fisher was a RB who played once as a sub away at Peterhead.

Hawkshaw was a CB who apparently turned down Celtic to sign pro with us but I'm sure ended up going to America on a scholarship. 

Kelly played CM once as a sub against Sunnybank (I'm sure Crawford was on the bench that day)

Moore was a ST although I only remember him being an unused sub against St Mirren in the Scottish Cup although he may have been on the bench a few other times.

3 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

Hawkshaw was a CB who apparently turned down Celtic to sign pro with us but I'm sure ended up going to America on a scholarship. 

Kelly played CM once as a sub against Sunnybank (I'm sure Crawford was on the bench that day)

Moore was a ST although I only remember him being an unused sub against St Mirren in the Scottish Cup although he may have been on the bench a few other times.

You're right. JJ Hawkshaw ended up coaching over there and his brother played at Killie for a bit.

Moore ended up doing really well at Troon

1 hour ago, North British said:

For the sane Ayr fans , don’t try and reason with some of the buffoons on here , both Ayr and Morton . These are the guys who were horrified when we signed Shankland or told us he was a dud when he was at Morton .They have no idea about our budget and what we are trying to do with it . The Ayr buffoons definitely have an agenda with Hopkins . I think they realise that the days of us trying to play like Spain in a Scottish winter with players on £500 a week are over . The Greenock trolls are gutted their poster boy chucked it because he realised what a basket case that club is  .

Our club on the other hand is moving forward on all fronts , we recruited our defence now , plenty of options , several who can play in each position . It’s looks like a three man central defence with wing backs . Again all slots covered . 

Need a keeper , two forwards and maybe a central midfielder . These acquisitions may be a good bit more expensive  than the ones we have already made . That’s were budget management comes in .

We should have went down last season , post Cammy Smith we were dead in the water , our super talented group chucked it . We simply can not entertain such types ever again . Hopkins will not allow that to happen . So onward and upward ,here’s looking forward to a stabilising league campaign and some fun in both cups . Bring it on .

It's Hopkin BTW...

12 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

There’s 4 of that Ayr squad that I have absolutely no recollection of 

I'm the same, few I can't remember. Though I do remember screaming at Roddy Patterson from the stand, who I think almost nearly got a goal. 

Looking at some of the players Mcginty was playing with though, he's fell a long way down. That is of course, no disrepct to Ayr United, who should be on the up in the coming season. Pogba or Lingard alone would be worth more than Ayr united in its entirety, though Mcginty seems only worth the value of Moaning about 😂

I'm hoping Ayr get someone better 😊

21 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Disappointed that Hopkin didn’t read the room and give McGinty a by. Think I’d rather we had kept Roscoe tbh. Quite happy with Fjort signing but the other two signing so far have also been underwhelming. Just don’t understand why Hopkin is signing players from Morton who aren’t even the best players in a piss poor Morton team

I’m not angry he signed him, I’m worried about the timing. Being one of the first signings and from what Roobo/Findlay had said, it looks like he has been identified early as a signing for this season, that he is going to be first choice next season.

Everyone was worried he was going to sign players from Morton and three out of the first four were. There seems to be no awareness from the club that this was going to be received badly. If they had staggered the announcements with other players it may have softened the blow. Potentially the biggest signing of today is the boy from St Mirren and no one is talking about him. 
I don’t think the majority of the anger is towards McGinty but more towards the apparent intention of mirroring a failed Morton team. I’ll wait and see how he is, he deserves a clean slate and there is a concern that he’ll be under more pressure than other players based on a reputation at other clubs. 
Hopkin needs to move on from Morton now and quickly if he wants fans to get over this before the start of the season. This has been a bad end to a positive week for the club in terms of flogging seasons. 

24 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Fisher, Hawkshaw, Kelly and Moore?

23 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Same - Moore, Fisher, Hawkshaw & Kelly

16 minutes ago, GaryMc93 said:

The very ones. I remember Dale Moore now, I saw him play for Troon a few times. The other 3 I wouldn’t be able to pick out of a line up 

When we signed Zanatta opinions were mixed about him and he, unsurprisingly, turned out to be dross. Whereas with McGinty there has been complete agreement that he is dross. We were spoiled with Shankland in terms of a player coming good.