The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

3 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

Think that could possibly suit us. Houston and Reading providing the width. There’s not many decent wingers out there and you just have to look at how poorly our big signings last year turned out. A couple of decent strikers and centre mids and 532 would suit I think. 

A couple of decent strikers aren't easy to come by as we know from past experience

8 minutes ago, diegomarahenry said:

Scott Fox has been "invited back for pre-season" by Motherwell but not offered a new deal yet. Him and a decent young keeper looking to fight it out for a first team place would be a decent option. He's always been a fairly reliable goalkeeper. 

I'd prefer him over McAdams tbh

I could actually see Aero retain his place in midfield. Or perhaps McAllister will be put in there given how mobile he appears to be.

Just for arguments sake,

McAdams

Lithgow
Aero
Fjortoft

Salkeld
McAllister
Chalmers
Reading

McCowan (plz stay)
Walsh

Todorov

1 minute ago, Rodders1910 said:

Are folk really assuming we are signing fjortoft just because he liked a tweet about the club signing one of his team mates? Quite the assumption

No- We are set to announce the signing of two new centre backs this week, He tweeted What seemed like a goodbye message to the Morton fans and also Hopkin managed signed and managed him last season. 

No- We are set to announce the signing of two new centre backs this week, He tweeted What seemed like a goodbye message to the Morton fans and also Hopkin managed signed and managed him last season. 
Fair enough, I'm always a bit reluctant to assume good news in the fear of being disappointed. Hopefully you are right

Quote from the aforementioned McCall, McCowan probably one of those 2....

“I’m in constant contact with Tiffoney – him and Alan Forrest phoned me from their night out, which wasn’t the best phone call I’ve ever had! Listen – I’m on it. He’s one of three players we’re talking to that are of that type. And I think the other two would be quite exciting too – in fact, I know they would be.”

36 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

He may ultimately sign but I think you’re reading far too much into that tweet, he’s not exactly saying ‘thanks for the memories’.

Fighting talk from Killie saying playing budget will be maintained, Wright staying, more relevant Innes Cameron has signed a two year deal so scratch him off.

49 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I could actually see Aero retain his place in midfield. Or perhaps McAllister will be put in there given how mobile he appears to be.

Just for arguments sake,

McAdams

Lithgow
Aero
Fjortoft

Salkeld
McAllister
Chalmers
Reading

McCowan (plz stay)
Walsh

Todorov

🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

Just for arguments sake,

McAdams

Lithgow
Aero
Fjortoft

Salkeld
McAllister
Chalmers
Reading

McCowan (plz stay)
Walsh

Todorov

Chalmers doing a lot of work in that team to make any purpose of McCowan and Walsh. 

To any Morton players going to Ayr you have to appreciate that they gave everything in the last couple of games when it could have been so easy to switch off, knowing they had contracts to sign with Ayr this week.

Going to other clubs is football. If reports are correct then the only one I'm disappointed to lose would be  Fjortoft.