The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

4 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Cany say I've heard of him but surely he cant be any worse than the dross we had last season 

....presume you don't include Corrie in that list. If he's as good as him, he'll do nicely.

55 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

He seems to have done pretty well whilst on loan at Dumbarton. Looks pretty set to sign for us so hopefully is a good edition.

I know him from when he played schools football 2-3 years ago. He's a proper athlete, very quick over the ground, strong in the tackle, and very good in the air. Iirc he played rugby at schools international level and probably could have made a career in that, but chose football instead. He was a centre half back then but played right back for Dumbarton in the play-offs and looked really comfortable. Hope you do get him - it would be good to get a chance to see him play when ICT play Ayr next season.

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

We’re after defender Nick McAllister, recently released from St Mirren and was on loan at Dumbarton last season.

Thought I'd be better to post on here than in our thread.

Nick McAllister is an absolutely excellent player and I would imagine he'd be a cracking signing for anyone in the Championship.

He's incredibly aggressive first of all. He flies in to challenges, has an incredible leap on him and generally looks like he would be horrible to play against. He's also vocal out on the pitch and, despite his age, was a real leader for us.

We played him mainly at right-back after Sam Wardrop had his eye bashed by Brian Graham and I couldn't fault him. He was defensively disciplined, a threat going forward and has a belter of a long throw. You can tell he played rugby at a good level because he's an absolute monster when he's bodying wingers out the way.

He spent a few games in central-midfield too and, in games where we needed to battle against more technical sides, he was good in there too. 

Here he is going on an incredible run against Stranraer that sort of sums him up as a player.

And here he is looking hard as f*ck after getting Man of the Match...

I like the look of him and can can see him being used as a centre back in a back 3.

Have heard that one of the other centre backs we are after is Fjortoft from Morton. Not sure how I feel about that tbh.

21 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

Saw this on another page and put in Ayr not sure how true it is.

https://salarysport.com/football/scottish-championship/ayr-united/

I would say practically no truth in that , I know 1 player who told me his wage and it’s nothing like quoted  on that report 

I see the Sun (I know) reporting that Rangers Colts / B team or whatever they are called are looking to use Somerset for their home games next season in the Lowland League as they don't want to ruin the pitch at Ibrox by playing on it every week....