The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

No chance. Darvel do not have the cash to chuck about on players. Brownings Bakers money that goes into the club is for infrastructure and facilities. The wages are high compared to other teams at that level. Auchinleck for example. Darvel are just an appealing, ambitious club with a great playing surface, changing rooms that match Premiership clubs and help the players out with full time jobs. 

Grow up

13 hours ago, WATTOO said:

I still think of them as a 3rd tier West Juniors outfit, it's mental how village teams seem to be jumping up all over the place with Kelty, Cove and Edinburgh City prime examples, I guess it's a case of waiting to see if they turn out like Ross County and Livingston or go the same way as Gretna........

those famous villages, Aberdeen and Edinburgh.

44 minutes ago, Thumper said:

those famous villages, Aberdeen and Edinburgh.

They're still made up teams with no fan base or history in the professional game.

Clyde attempted that on a much bigger scale and look how that turned out.

Take the sugar daddies away from these clubs and they have nothing.

2 hours ago, BAWC said:

Has anyone had issues contacting the club? I've sent them 2 emails and waited two weeks and not has a response, just wondering if anyone is manning the mailbox

Who are you sending them too , I know there is someone in Mon-Fri , , pm me and I can chase up 

1 hour ago, AUFC 1910 said:

I wonder if we will hear any signing / not signing news today.

Did I read it wrong or was there not a few players given an offer and a week to decide?

Nothing today , gaffer on holiday , would expect some signing news early next week 

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

They're still made up teams with no fan base or history in the professional game.

"In the professional game" lol, what a brazen qualifier.

Of all the fucking places to denigrate the Juniors, Ayrshire is the absolute last one anyone should be doing it.

6 hours ago, WATTOO said:

Clyde attempted that on a much bigger scale and look how that turned out.

So did Ferranti Thistle. How did that work out?