The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

I’m guessing he is done, not able to play and train full time. 
Gary Agnew got a bad injury when it looked like he was going to be a big star. He never played senior again despite staring in the juniors. Rumours were that he’d got an insurance payout and would have to pay it back if he went pro again.

Good player who proved he was adequate at this level either side of injuries and disappointed he’s left. Good he’s not went to a team round about us.

Fair play to Moore for wanting to continue his career elsewhere and not be happy being just a squad player with us, if that's what he thought was going to happen post injury. 

Yes I didn't buy into the love in that others seemed to with him but there was never any question of his work rate when he played or his hunger and desire to get back from repeated injuries. 

To be fair I never thought his ability was that of a true Championship player let alone one that could progress further with us and that's what we're needing if we want to be a regular playoff / promoted team going forward. 

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Darvel were chucking cash about last summer so im presuming they are doing similar. Still a massive minter though, only logical reason is if we were only offering him a pay as you play deal or vastly reduced terms. 

No chance. Darvel do not have the cash to chuck about on players. Brownings Bakers money that goes into the club is for infrastructure and facilities. The wages are high compared to other teams at that level. Auchinleck for example. Darvel are just an appealing, ambitious club with a great playing surface, changing rooms that match Premiership clubs and help the players out with full time jobs. 

4 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

No chance. Darvel do not have the cash to chuck about on players. Brownings Bakers money that goes into the club is for infrastructure and facilities. The wages are high compared to other teams at that level. Auchinleck for example. Darvel are just an appealing, ambitious club with a great playing surface, changing rooms that match Premiership clubs and help the players out with full time jobs. 

I still think of them as a 3rd tier West Juniors outfit, it's mental how village teams seem to be jumping up all over the place with Kelty, Cove and Edinburgh City prime examples, I guess it's a case of waiting to see if they turn out like Ross County and Livingston or go the same way as Gretna........

Gutted that moore never managed to get himself fit and back with the squad. But I'll always have that memory of a thinking win against Partick at Somerset - not long after mccall left us. Wee Moorey was giving brilliant that day.

1 hour ago, BukyOHare said:

Fair play to Moore for wanting to continue his career elsewhere and not be happy being just a squad player with us, if that's what he thought was going to happen post injury. 

Yes I didn't buy into the love in that others seemed to with him but there was never any question of his work rate when he played or his hunger and desire to get back from repeated injuries. 

To be fair I never thought his ability was that of a true Championship player let alone one that could progress further with us and that's what we're needing if we want to be a regular playoff / promoted team going forward. 

spot on and diplomatically put 

57 minutes ago, Jack Jarvis, Esq said:

Sorry but this has to be nonsense. Take a look at their squad. For a team that’s in the sixth tier it’s obvious they’re chucking money at it. No one is going to them because they have fancy changing rooms ffs.

The old “ambition” card is just code for chucking money at it.

Good luck to him but he’s far better than the level he’s went to. Would have like to have seen him stay here.