The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

This is a brilliant piece of business by the club if it gets us access to talented players and off field expertise then what's not to like. 

Burnley are a club of huge tradition and now an established Premier League team. Looking at their u23 results they're competing against some much bigger clubs. 

Being brought through in a Sean Dyche managed club will mean that the youngsters will definitely be brought up to have a good attitude, to work hard and play a physical, robust game. 

11 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

This is a brilliant piece of business by the club if it gets us access to talented players and off field expertise then what's not to like. 

Burnley are a club of huge tradition and now an established Premier League team. Looking at their u23 results they're competing against some much bigger clubs. 

Being brought through in a Sean Dyche managed club will mean that the youngsters will definitely be brought up to have a good attitude, to work hard and play a physical, robust game. 

Is Steve Stone not the youth team Manager ?

He was certainly a class act as a player.

2 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

That would be acceptable. It would be a kick in the teeth for our own youth if we filled the team/bench with Burnley youths. We might get absolute duffers or we might get gems, who knows 

I get where you're coming from but think we'll be getting a much better look at these guys and it sounds like it will be highly rated 21 / 22 year olds we'll be getting to give them first team experience as opposed to untried 17 year olds.

10 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

I get where you're coming from but think we'll be getting a much better look at these guys and it sounds like it will be highly rated 21 / 22 year olds we'll be getting to give them first team experience as opposed to untried 17 year olds.

Here's hoping! 

54 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

Saying the guys surname got the song for this soft drink stuck in my head all afternoon!

image.png.e48633d53f59a97e36a7db5e922316b1.png

Even better when you read that wikipedia entry and see that his family are indeed from the Congo.

52 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

Is Steve Stone not the youth team Manager ?

He was certainly a class act as a player.

He is apparently but suspect Dyche will have a big influence on the u23s formation, playing style and tactics to mirror that of the first team. 

From Burnley's point of view could this agreement be a way for them to sign youngsters needing to qualify for work permits and farm them out to ourselves and the other 3 clubs in the agreement? 

I don't know if there's any difference in the rules between English and Scottish clubs. 

27 minutes ago, BukyOHare said:

From Burnley's point of view could this agreement be a way for them to sign youngsters needing to qualify for work permits and farm them out to ourselves and the other 3 clubs in the agreement? 

I don't know if there's any difference in the rules between English and Scottish clubs. 

Maybe not when we get independence and rejoin the EU

Darvel were chucking cash about last summer so im presuming they are doing similar. Still a massive minter though, only logical reason is if we were only offering him a pay as you play deal or vastly reduced terms. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

I would like to have seen him re-sign, but with his fitness record he would likely a bit part player at best next season. Darvel are going for it big style at the moment. They are about to get an SFA licence which will allow them to enter the Scottish Cup and be promoted to the Lowland League.