The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

51 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The guy that posted it is a slavering idiot. Just going round threads posting made up transfer rumours. Posted on the Raith thread that they were interested in Luke McCowan. 

Allow us to get excited, it doesn't happen a lot these days

9 hours ago, North British said:

Cochrane I think , would be too small for what Hoppy is after for central midfield, but the fact he’s an Ayrshire boy sways me a little , as he might see moving home as a way of getting his career up and running again . 

McGinty wouldn’t seem to be an upgrade on Baird I think , but if Baird is going out the starting xi then a left footed replacement would help .  Just can’t see it though . Unless Baird moves to right centre half and Aero moves to right back , with a new sweeper co in to Marshall the lot of them . Long shot .

You'll need to be unswayed then as he's from Stonehouse.

Ayr United announce partnership with Burnley

Ayr United are delighted to announce a new strategic partnership with Burnley Football Club. 

Burnley are today announcing strategic partners in all four corners of the British Isles including ourselves, Cobh Ramblers, Portadown and Llandudno. 

The partner clubs will benefit from Burnley's football expertise in development and education of their coaches and players, sharing of data across youth academies and sport science and access to tools such as AiSCOUT.

In return Burnley will widen its scouting network for talent identification in the partner clubs’ region, with the most talented young players from each club travelling regularly to Burnley for football camps and assessment when identified.

All clubs’ academies and women’s teams will compete in a summer pre-season games and tournaments, while loan deals for Burnley’s academy players to gain experience at senior levels will also be considered.

United Chairman David Smith said :"This is a hugely exciting opportunity for our club and we are looking forward to the learning journey we have ahead through the Burnley Partnership.

As a football club and a business we spend a lot of time bench-marking ourselves against our peers, pushing innovative ideas and generally keeping us moving in a positive direction. The chance to get close to a hugely successful club like Burnley is something we want to grab with both hands to learn what works and what doesn’t at their level and see what can work at ours.

The positive pathways available to our young talent, the chance to enhance our own player resources, learning experiences for coaches / staff and all the other benefits around tournaments, friendlies and the community make this a fabulous opportunity.

Our U16’s are eagerly looking forward to the Barnfield Festival on the 22nd / 23rdMay and an experience like this will help shape and mould our future players.

All the discussions with Burnley have been refreshingly aligned with our own Ayr United ethos and I’d like to thank Matt Williams and Alan Pace for the opportunity.

The Burnley brand represents everything we respect in football and look forward to an exciting partnership with them, Cobh Ramblers, Portadown and Llandudno over the coming seasons."

Alan Pace, Chairman of Burnley F.C., said: “This is an exciting opportunity for us to grow Burnley’s footprint and profile in every corner of the British Isles and benefit from working with some fantastic clubs on our doorstep.

“We look forward to developing a strong working relationship with Ayr United, Cobh Ramblers, Portadown and Llandudno which will no doubt benefit the clubs, the coaches and their players for many years to come.

“This is very much the first step in our plans to expand the football network of Burnley, build the relevance of our club beyond the North West of England and ensure that Burnley’s academy continues to be a high-performance hotbed for future first team players and international footballers.”

The development of coaches will be central to Burnley’s work at the partner clubs – the club will provide hands-on support in creating best practice structures to implement professional coaching in line with Burnley’s Category 1 Premier League academy.

Long-term, the goal of the strategic partnerships is to create player pathways into the Premier League for the best players. Portadown were twice winners of the NIFL Championship Development League South from 2017-19 while previous academy graduates of Cobh Ramblers include Premier League stars Roy Keane and Stephen Ireland.

Matt Williams, Chief Operating Officer of Burnley F.C, added: “While there are clear benefits to the football side of the club, I believe there will also be significant benefits both operationally and commercially for all sides, none of us are naïve enough to think we know it all, and I am sure we can learn from our partner Clubs as much as they can learn from us.

“We wanted to partner with clubs we felt would fit with what we stand for. The four Clubs are at the heart of their local communities, have a passionate fan base and have chairmen and directors, who like Alan Pace and his team are ambitious and constantly looking to improve.

“We have developed a great understanding with Portadown in recent seasons and this is a natural step for us both and our relationship with Cobh can be traced back to 1921 when the Clarets were crowned League Champions prompting the newly formed Club in Ireland to wear the famous Claret and Blue, in addition they are currently managed by our former defender Stuart Ashton.

“Like ourselves Ayr have a relatively new Chairman who has a real ambition to push the Club forward and challenge for promotion to the Scottish Premiership whilst our friends at Llandudno are keen implement a professional approach to their Club and I couldn’t be more delighted to welcome the four teams on the journey with us.”

1 hour ago, ayrunitedfw said:

Daniel Lafferty and Jamie Thomas are the only two that I can remember us having from Burnley.

One was meh and the other was dug meat. 

Wasn’t Lafferty from Celtic, but then went on to play for Burnley in the Prem...

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

I’m sure Thomas was sent packing after being unhappy at not being our first choice striker.

I don’t think he actually came through Burnley’s academy either.

Pretty sure he spent time out the game after leaving us and going back due to mental health issues before re signing with Burnley 

7 minutes ago, pogo1910 said:

Pretty sure he spent time out the game after leaving us and going back due to mental health issues before re signing with Burnley 

Ian Mccall ended Thomas' loan spell due to lack of first team opportunities. Says it all imo. 

He's now playing for lower league English team A.F.C Blackpool. 🤔

Daniel Lafferty came on loan from Celtic in 2010 and is now playing for Derry City. 😊