The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 hour ago, honestly united said:

Im wondering if there was any vote tampering going on to ensure one of OUR players got the awards?

I voted McCowan and Sinisalo how I thought was head and shoulders above Reading and McKenzie would have been next choices

There were a number of people calling for a Sinisalo to be replaced throughout the season on SRE, the usual suspects who post about having no ambition etc. So I'm not overly surprised that he didn't get it.

Personally voted for Aero and Sinisalo, may have struggled if Corrie had been with us a full season. 

11 hours ago, Hursty said:

From watching the Morton v Airdrie game I'm already thinking the bottom 4 next year will be Ayr / Morton / QoS / Arbroath (in no particular order).  

Probably in that order. 

10 hours ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Both are meh winners. McGowan regressed this season imo. Muirhead would have been my pick. Bar the Dundee game McKenzie has looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He wouldnt have been my YPOTY 

3 hours ago, Fitbafollower said:

Surprised at poty and yooty results 

Aaro and Sinsalo for me 

Over the year hence why they got my vote

2 hours ago, honestly united said:

Im wondering if there was any vote tampering going on to ensure one of OUR players got the awards?

I voted McCowan and Sinisalo how I thought was head and shoulders above Reading and McKenzie would have been next choices

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

There were a number of people calling for a Sinisalo to be replaced throughout the season on SRE, the usual suspects who post about having no ambition etc. So I'm not overly surprised that he didn't get it.

Personally voted for Aero and Sinisalo, may have struggled if Corrie had been with us a full season. 

Aero and Sinisalo for me also, I'd also agree with McCowan regressing (probably through no fault of his own) and would have had Cammy Smith as my next best. 

I thought McCowan did show flashes of brilliance at times, but that's all they were unfortunately, although there's no doubt at all that our playing style didn't help him one bit.

As for McKenzie, I thought he tried hard when given a chance but other than the display at Dens where he was unplayable, the rest was pretty forgettable to be honest.

Reading was decent but Sinisalo would have been in my top 3 most valuable assets last season which I couldn't say for either Reading or McKenzie.

I suppose it speaks volumes when one of our best players was a defensive hard working midfielder / CB and basically got most of his plaudits for working hard and showing a willing attitude !!

On a quick note about McGinty, remember what the Thistle and Falkirk fans said about Muirhead and indeed what many thought of him here when we signed him back and then look at what he's produced for us over the past couple of seasons. He's basically gone from bombscare pariah to one of our most influential and important players, meanwhile our "marquis" signings such as Anderson, Walsh and Chalmers didn't exactly live up to expectations.

As they say, it's a funny old game.......

Hopkin is welcome to any player in our current squad who is out of contract. At a push I'd keep McAdams and Jacobs but again wouldn't be fussed if any of them went. If he's going to take Sean McGinty I'll drive the useless c**t down the coast myself.

Couple of former Ayr players in the Euros squad, I see. Of all the guys who have played here on loan they might be the last two I'd have predicted international success for.

Couple of former Ayr players in the Euros squad, I see. Of all the guys who have played here on loan they might be the last two I'd have predicted international success for.
Yeah Nisbet is a strange one. He is thriving at Hibs but I don't see where he fits in with Scotland and the way they play. Adams and Dykes do but Nisbet as 1 up front won't work as he's good in a 2 or 3.

I actually said at the time that Shankland would be a better fit at Hibs than at Dundee United. Still think Shankland is the better of the two. However he's not playing well enough just now to justify inclusion.

3 hours ago, honestly united said:

Would be astonished if any club would rig votes , I  believe McKenzie also shared the Ayr United travel club young players of the year 

Edited by Robbo63

6 hours ago, davidkennedyshand said:

Yeah Nisbet is a strange one. He is thriving at Hibs but I don't see where he fits in with Scotland and the way they play. Adams and Dykes do but Nisbet as 1 up front won't work as he's good in a 2 or 3.

Nisbet often played as a lone striker at Dunfermline, his link up play was one of the strongest aspects of his game. 

19 minutes ago, AyrExile said:

Signing Cochrane would involve paying a development fee to Hearts. He was very high profile just after breaking through so they may want a reasonable sum 

His Hearts contract is up on 31st May this year , so will he not be a free agent 

Edited by Finlay21

1 hour ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Ayr United linked with Harry Cochrane and Sean McGinty.

Cochrane I think , would be too small for what Hoppy is after for central midfield, but the fact he’s an Ayrshire boy sways me a little , as he might see moving home as a way of getting his career up and running again . 

McGinty wouldn’t seem to be an upgrade on Baird I think , but if Baird is going out the starting xi then a left footed replacement would help .  Just can’t see it though . Unless Baird moves to right centre half and Aero moves to right back , with a new sweeper co in to Marshall the lot of them . Long shot .

45 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

The guy that posted it is a slavering idiot. Just going round threads posting made up transfer rumours. Posted on the Raith thread that they were interested in Luke McCowan. 

The same guy also posted we were signing Tom Walsh and Inverness were signing Harry Cochrane.  Noticed he only joined pie and bovril on Monday.

im not convinced he knows that much at all

1 minute ago, third lanark said:

The same guy also posted we were signing Tom Walsh and Inverness were signing Harry Cochrane.  Noticed he only joined pie and bovril on Monday.

im not convinced he knows that much at all

At least he knows the names of the players which is more than can be said for the majority of the mainstream media and our so called "pundits".