The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

How bad was that Airdrie v Morton game? Our management team were largely responsible for putting one of the teams together. I'm shuddering even thinking about that. 

I don't necessarily subscribe to the theory that if you give a manager a bigger budget, that it somehow means he can magically identify suitable quality whilst still getting value for money. 

I'd like to think managers with above average skills in recruiting will get value for money regardless of the size of their budget. You either have that talent or you don't. I'm getting uneasy at the thought of who could be getting brought in for next season. 

Seems either too much of a ‘step up’ for Airdrie or a game too far. Applying the same logic to Killie Dundee and expect Dundee to stay down. Would be disappointed with Lithgow, always thought he’d won a watch at Livi. Fallen and fading stars would be great if possible. It’s a moon shot but someone like Ash Taylor might make a great captain/leader as a start.

Ayr fans shuddering at the thought of McGinty signing, Morton fans shuddering at the thought of him staying.

Wil Hopkin have a decent budget next season?

Ours expected to be around the 500k mark if we stay up based on Morton Club Together projections. Would imagine that's similar to Ayr and Queens.

4 hours ago, ATLIS said:

Yeah, swap deal for JET basically. Seems as though he's a natural goalscorer and a decent finisher so think we're onto something if we can get him the service

Thsts what we heard- he missed some amount of sitters for a decent finisher or a natural goalscorer.  Think there is definitely a player in there though so I can absolutely see why Livi take a punt on him - 3 year deal is very bold though. 

9 minutes ago, madton said:

Ayr fans shuddering at the thought of McGinty signing, Morton fans shuddering at the thought of him staying.

Wil Hopkin have a decent budget next season?

Ours expected to be around the 500k mark if we stay up based on Morton Club Together projections. Would imagine that's similar to Ayr and Queens.

I’d imagine we probably had a bigger budget than Morton, Queens, Raith and possibly Inverness last season

We have a new owner who appears to ambitious so I’d hope we at least have a similar budget to last season. 

4 minutes ago, Hursty said:

From watching the Morton v Airdrie game I'm already thinking the bottom 4 next year will be Ayr / Morton / QoS / Arbroath (in no particular order).  

It’s impossible to make predictions at this stage until teams have had a change to build there squads.

With Hearts and potentially Dundee out the division the league does look a lot tighter imo. There is no team that you’d think would run away it. Top 4 has got to be the target and anything else should be regarded as a failure. 

7 minutes ago, Hursty said:

From watching the Morton v Airdrie game I'm already thinking the bottom 4 next year will be Ayr / Morton / QoS / Arbroath (in no particular order).  

Got out of bed on the wrong side the morning lol - what on earth are you basing this on at this stage?

I’d imagine we probably had a bigger budget than Morton, Queens, Raith and possibly Inverness last season
We have a new owner who appears to ambitious so I’d hope we at least have a similar budget to last season. 

I think the only issue we might have with the budget this season is the drop off in prize money after finishing 8th but even then we’ll probably still have a bigger budget than Morton, QOS, Abroath and ICT (although they’ve made decent money from Daniel Mackay).

If Sean McGinty is the best we’re getting then I’d be concerned more about what kind of budget Hopkin has been given rather than his recruitment skills. We should be aiming for far better than him.

3 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Got out of bed on the wrong side the morning lol - what on earth are you basing this on at this stage?

Ha - hope I'm wrong, it's just a gut feeling regarding us - I'm not confident the current squad will be improved enough to make us challenge the top half and I'm not convinced by Hopkin. 

Re the others- Arbroath only PT team so bottom 4 is hardly a big claim.  Morton and QoS are both pretty shite and as far as I can see don't have any signs of being much better next year budget or manager wise.  

12 minutes ago, ayrunitedfw said:

It’s impossible to make predictions at this stage until teams have had a change to build there squads.

With Hearts and potentially Dundee out the division the league does look a lot tighter imo. There is no team that you’d think would run away it. Top 4 has got to be the target and anything else should be regarded as a failure. 

Absolutely agree re Top 4 having to be the target.  I just don't feel particularly confident we will be there.  Would take some right good signings coming in key positions and all fitting in perfectly.   Fingers crossed though I guess. 

12 minutes ago, Hursty said:

Ha - hope I'm wrong, it's just a gut feeling regarding us - I'm not confident the current squad will be improved enough to make us challenge the top half and I'm not convinced by Hopkin. 

Re the others- Arbroath only PT team so bottom 4 is hardly a big claim.  Morton and QoS are both pretty shite and as far as I can see don't have any signs of being much better next year budget or manager wise.  

You’re not wrong but it’s all based on past performance, you’d expect Dundee, Dunfermline and Raith on that basis to be in the top three, beyond that it’s all about recruitment over the summer. You could argue Raith will be weaker having wasted a spot on Zanatta!

Think failure if not top four is harsh, I’d take mid table stability and maybe a wee cup run.

16 hours ago, ecocme said:

Luke McCowan player of the year and Mark McKenzie young player of the year 

Both are meh winners. McCowan regressed this season imo. Muirhead would have been my pick. Bar the Dundee game McKenzie has looked like a rabbit caught in the headlights. He wouldnt have been my YPOTY 

Edited by Thereisalight..

33 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Will the online shop get updated with the sale prices?

Everything that is in the sale has had the reduced price showing since the day it went on offer online !!! The only items on sale are last seasons replica kits ( tops, shorts and socks ) along with all the Green training kit , can’t see anything online with the incorrect price ? 

Edited by Robbo63

4 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

Righto, no adult stuff by the look of it though.

In adults only  shorts and socks left , there was a large selection when it went on sale approx 3 weeks ago and has now sold through