The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Fully expect Jacobs, McAdams and Colville (who moved to Ayrshire not that long ago) to be targets. 

Need to pay compo for McAdams and Colville if we offer contracts.

If he does take McGinty, well that's a feckin bonus.

1 minute ago, madton said:

Fully expect Jacobs, McAdams and Colville (who moved to Ayrshire not that long ago) to be targets. 

Need to pay compo for McAdams and Colville if we offer contracts.

If he does take McGinty, well that's a feckin bonus.

Those three and Ledger would be the obvious targets, so if I was an Ayr fan I'd be bracing myself for McGinty, Blues, Salkeld and Orsi.

14 hours ago, ayrunitedfw said:

This isn’t a rumour or anything but I’d hope we offer Daniel Armstrong something. He’s from Ayr so a move closer to home May suit him more. 

I’m sure he’s engaged to Nicky Devlins sister as well, so the smallest of Ayr connections there. 

12 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

I’m sure he’s engaged to Nicky Devlins sister as well, so the smallest of Ayr connections there. 

Think it’s his cousin. She was always at Somerset and that when Nicky was playing. 

20 hours ago, UpInTheAyr said:

Could actually do with a biggish name signing early on to galzanise the fans, but that didn't really work out last season so...

Ironically Killie could do us a favour in that regard should they succumb to Dundee in the play offs.

I'm sure it wouldn't harm the Season Ticket sales, that's for sure !!!

33 minutes ago, WATTOO said:

ronically Killie could do us a favour in that regard should they succumb to Dundee in the play offs.

I'm sure it wouldn't harm the Season Ticket sales, that's for sure !!!

Oh be still my beating heart . The idea of taking the moor dwellers on , on an almost level playing field  is the thing of dreams . If only Dundee can’t put them on their arse ! They have been masquerading as a serious team for far too long , got a way with murder floating their debt off . Now can their chickens really be coming home to roost . You have to think that the powers to be will be very happy to have the Dundee derby back on the table for the tv company’s , and all the city clubs back in the top division . So maybe no more favours from them for poor wee Killie .....

We just have to hope Hoppy can pull a team together in short order . Agh stepping onto the buses at Nerday from the Hub after a few beers and a sing song  to head up to the moor to watch our boys scud them , superb ...

7 minutes ago, Iain said:

Killie coming down is probably worth another player for the squad if it happens.

In normal circumstances definitely but with the uncertainty of how many fans will be allowed in and if away fans will be allowed it’s difficult to know. 

Sounds like Craig Conway won't be offered a contract with us. Only mentioning it as I'm sure he's been talked about on here recently.

Sounds like Craig Conway won't be offered a contract with us. Only mentioning it as I'm sure he's been talked about on here recently.
Think it was said a few years back he wanted to finish his career at Ayr as a thank you for giving him his start in the game

21 minutes ago, RandomGuy. said:

Is he not being offered a new deal with you guys? I always expected he’d come back but thought he had played a lot for st Johnston this season so was expecting him to stay there next season 

On 15/05/2021 at 21:29, Robbo63 said:

Supposedly something to be excited about coming potentially this week 

Wouldn't be gutted if this was the beer garden or a roof top terrace for the hub. 

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

Wouldn't be gutted if this was the beer garden or a roof top terrace for the hub. 

As long as we get those patio heaters installed for the nippy winter months !!

3 hours ago, Superhursy7 said:
3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

Think it was said a few years back he wanted to finish his career at Ayr as a thank you for giving him his start in the game

Would take him in a heartbeat.

3 hours ago, ryanayr1987 said:

Is he not being offered a new deal with you guys? I always expected he’d come back but thought he had played a lot for st Johnston this season so was expecting him to stay there next season 

He spoke sometime in the last week or two about not speaking to the club about a new deal yet, while the manager has spent the past month or two saying they're already speaking to those they want to keep.

He's in a similar position as Bryson in the squad, but Bryson has already extended his deal by a year, so looks like he'll be gone.

I’m sure Conway might be interested in a possible return to the club but would Hopkin have him? He’d fit the mould of “winners” that he wants to bring to the club but unless we lose Walsh, Todd or McCowan I don’t know how much work Hopkin will do to bring attacking midfielders/wingers to the club.

3 hours ago, RandomGuy. said:

His dad gave me my first ever haircut so he must be due to retire, maybe he'll be coming home to run the business after he quits playing.