The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

39 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So when's the competition opening up to determine who can win a spot on the Ayr United fan18 man squad to play against QOS next Saturday?

Couldn't do any worse than this shower of shite 

I can play in goal! Good shot stopper just don’t ask me to come for a cross 

1 hour ago, D'Jaffo said:

That’s enough trolling for one night. Back into the bin you go where you belong.

The seasider is right thought.

Ayr in the premier league is fantasy land stuff. You've lost your good players from the glory days and now falling back to your natural level.

It's a good statement until he absolves Hopkin of any blame.

White,Tait and Stillie had sort of steadied things a bit. Hopkin says there's no point in changing the way we play as that's how we've but he saw a couple of things he needed to fix. We all know how that's worked out.

Dunno exactly how you go about sorting that shower.

We simply have to score and try and make chances. I would drop Baird but we know that won't happen.

Defence I'd go with Miller at RB Hewitt LB with Ndaba and Baird the undroppable at CB

Midfield is the one that I'd rather not pick anyone there other than Muirhead.

We are in the embarrassing place now where we might have to pick Chalmers as he's the only one who can see any pass even though he's a plodding ghost that resembles a crisp packet flapping slowly in the breeze.

Either Walsh or Reading on the left and I'd stick McKenzie on the right. Barjonas hasn't been nicknamed Shitebag Barjonas at other clubs he's been at for nothing.Todd I haven't seen anything from in the short burst we saw of him.Murdoch just hasn't done anything at all.

Up front just has to be Moff and Luke.

Not that any of it matters as the effort has gone.

7 minutes ago, callum-ayr said:

He’s a sentence away from saying “f**k this, I’m off”.

Exactly what I thought . People need to tone it down a bit . Why Smith is getting trolled is beyond belief. We could be in danger of blowing the biggest break we’ve had in decades . 

Smith needs to stop thinking like a fan and start thinking like a chairman.  First thing to do is bin social media and fans forums,  Lachlan once made the point about how important it was for him to cut himself off from that side of things as you can’t really win with the fans after a performance like yesterday.  Maybe he went too far at times (he seemed genuinely shocked at the reaction to giving Mark Roberts a new contract), but on the whole it’s the best way to go.  

In the end, we’ve been relegated before and survived.  I guess it’s the feeling that this has been so avoidable and unnecessary, coupled with the knowledge that we’re stuck with Hopkin for next season at least, that’s got folk throwing themselves into the sea,

Fair play to him for fronting up and putting that statement out there. It does read like your average fan though who’s opinion changes on a week to week basis. Would have thought he’d be used to dealing with hassle in his current business. You win some and lose some but over the piece your plan should come good.. Not sure a statement like that is required so early in his tenure 

8 minutes ago, HMIP said:

In the end, we’ve been relegated before and survived.  I guess it’s the feeling that this has been so avoidable and unnecessary, coupled with the knowledge that we’re stuck with Hopkin for next season at least, that’s got folk throwing themselves into the sea,

We have been relegated before , many times , only this time if it happens , we have a Chairman at the helm to ease any cash flow issues in the short to medium term .  I expect a huge overhaul of the squad is on the cards .(stating the obvious) .

Hopkins will be given his chance next season , he deserves that at the very least . The Livingston part of his CV is why he’s here .

He’s a sentence away from saying “f**k this, I’m off”.

Which would probably make us insolvent overnight.

A statement was needed after yesterday so it’s good that one has been made and it’s clear it is in Smith’s own words rather than drafted by some PR person.

While Hopkin wasn’t my pick for manager and trying to introduce a style of play that we don’t have the players for is folly in my eyes it’s also fantasy to think he’ll get binned after five weeks having signed a 2 year contract. While I expect us to lose our last two games we’ve still got a puncher’s chance of incredibly landing a lucky blow to win one of them with the best chance seeming to be next week against a flaky QOS. Our best hope though has to be in Morton picking up no more than a point in their remaining three games and us pipping them on goal difference although I also wouldn’t rule out this absolute shower (c. Terry Thomas) getting horsed in both remaining games and us losing that slim advantage too.

And while I understand all the talk about not renewing season tickets in the heat of the moment surely people realise that will only make things worse not better. The season ticket money is the single most valuable income stream to the club as it will directly affect the budget the club has to put players on the park. Don’t renew your season and you are more than likely to have a worse squad to put on the park next season. If you’ve got a choice buy a season ticket over contributing to the 500 Club, buying any merchandise from the shop or when we are able to return to Somerset over pies/half time draws/programmes etc. It’s as simple as that.