The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

So today was hardly perfect, attacking wise we carry pretty much zero threat but at least Barjonas looked like he wanted to carry the ball forward from midfield which no one else has looked like doing so far this season.  There was at least a bit more fight in the performance today, there was a spell in the 2nd half when Miller and Baird threw themselves to block some shots and then the ball broke up field to McKenzie who kept niggling at Dunfermline which resulted in an Ayr throw-in further up the park.  I might be clutching at straws, but it at least showed a bit of desire that was clearly lacking on Tuesday night.  

Next week is massive, I'd expect the winner of that game will finish 7th/8th (depending on Morton's results).  Arbroath will work hard, not give up etc. as evidenced by their result today, but they are beatable - even for our shithouse squad.  It will be very hard but a win up there is ideal, as it means realistically just needing to avoid defeat in the last two games to stay up.  Even a draw isn't catastrophic provided we then get a result against Queen of the South the following week.  That all said, I'm not 100% confident of either scenario given how this season has gone and the fact that Arbroath, Queens and Inverness have all shown to be far more capable of getting results at the right time than Ayr.  

There was plenty of desire, which is good, but there is just no quality whatsoever.

I would take a point next week, as I’m fearing the worst.

1 minute ago, No_Problemo said:

There was plenty of desire, which is good, but there is just no quality whatsoever.

I would take a point next week, as I’m fearing the worst.

Wouldn't disagree with that at all.  At least we've gone from no quality and no desire to just having no quality.  Previous games would have seen us capitulate after going a goal down.  

1 minute ago, super_carson said:

Wouldn't disagree with that at all.  At least we've gone from no quality and no desire to just having no quality.  Previous games would have seen us capitulate after going a goal down.  

That’s definitely true! 

To think we started the season with Smith, McCowan, Walsh, Anderson and Cameron who have all previously or now shown they range from decent to top end championship players. We are now left with players, who I’m not even sure are league one standard.

Even if somehow relegation is avoided, there's no way bookies would even take bets on avoiding it next season. The progress under McCall has been obliterated.
Yes the last remnants of his legacy will be gone next season totally once Hopkin has a full pre season to implement Hoppy ball, and I think fans will be a bit shocked when they are back and see it in the flesh.

I still can't believe we're actually in danger of getting relegated.

It's unbelievable to think of with the squad we have.

I mean it has international players in it along with players who've been at Premiership clubs.

No disrespect to Morton but it's an absolute disgrace that we're near them. 

We should be pumping teams like them with the squad we have.

BOOOOOOOOOO

1 minute ago, HMIP said:

Hope to f*** they don’t cancel the football next Saturday due to the Royal funeral...

They are talking about changing kick off times , can’t see any games going ahead at 3pm Saturday , 

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

They are talking about changing kick off times , can’t see any games going ahead at 3pm Saturday , 

Contrary to belief millions of folk dont give a flying f**k to all this union jack waving pomp and circumstance pish

11 minutes ago, HMIP said:

Hope to f*** they don’t cancel the football next Saturday due to the Royal funeral...

It'll be a 1pm kick off i'd imagine so all games are finished before start of the funeral at 3pm.

EFL already announced all games will kick off early

3 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Contrary to belief millions of folk dont give a flying f**k to all this union jack waving pomp and circumstance pish

You'll not be voting tories then lol

Remember you're talking to the Royal Burgh of Ayr 

We're staunch AF

Why do you think Kris Boyd lives in Ayr

1 hour ago, rb123! said:

I still can't believe we're actually in danger of getting relegated.

It's unbelievable to think of with the squad we have.

I mean it has international players in it along with players who've been at Premiership clubs.

No disrespect to Morton but it's an absolute disgrace that we're near them. 

We should be pumping teams like them with the squad we have.

BOOOOOOOOOO

That's what happens when your chairman spots the haddy who put together this horseshit Morton squad in the first place last summer and says 'yep, that's our new, top quality manager right there!'

I'm sure that a GMFC shareholder like 'Hoppy' would be devastated by an outcome that kept his real team in the division. 

Edited by vikingTON

31 minutes ago, Rovers_Lad said:

Watching Ayr this season has been like a funeral occurring in slow motion.

I think the Duke's send-off will be off the hook by comparison to our rabble of a team twisting in the wind at Arbroath.

Correct decision being taking [emoji636] 
Fucking hell.

Anyway, a draw next week will do absolutely fine.

I reckon 2 points will do us if we don't get beat next week (so a draw out of our last 2 games, home to qos and away to ict).

The goal difference is big and i can see it being us and morton on 29 and arbroath on 28 going into the last game.

A draw between them won't relegate us, and we'd be above whoever lost.

Needless to say a win next week and we're safe, unless morton beat hearts (which won't happen).