The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

Since late January I've been having an ongoing query, of a straightforward nature I have to add, with the 5 star lottery section of the club, now after the first week of April, its still not resolved satisfactorily and is still ongoing. 

Reading the previous posts about all at the club not being as expected does not therefore come as a massive shock to me. There are probably others out there with similar stories. 

It really saddens me that we still can't seem to get the simplest of things right. 

All the bigger clubs have highlights behind a pay walk because they are in the league above and it’s a requirement. 

I mean imagine paying for a service that is so amateurish that they forgot to press record until 1 minute before the end of an interview. I’d be raging as the vor gave more info that day 

B&W TV has so far been a failed experiment otherwise the club would have started charging from 1st Feb like they originally intended. 

Given it was a new system the club should have been actively requesting feedback with regards to any issues rather than the usual method of relying on people contacting them.

In previous seasons we got home and away highlights for free so in terms of the time of the launch it was also going to be difficult to ask people to start paying for highlights of home matches only since the current restrictions mean our own cameraman couldn't attend away games.

Also I imagine the restrictions mean that filming Player Ayr to Z and Lynne's Kitchen are more effort than it's worth and the only good bit of content of the Midweek Update disappeared when Hopkin joined so Dave Timmins obviously can't work a laptop quite like Mick McArdle.  

I agree with the club putting highlights and interviews behind a paywall. People need to realise that the bigger clubs do it as they try and utilise any way to bring money into the club and it’s yet another thing we need to do.

The OG lies with the club being so painfully ill equipped to deal with the live streaming of matches. In fact the whole thing of match days from watching the match, to the commentary, to the absolute borefest that is the half time thing whatever they call it is done really, really badly. Am I right in saying that the AU media team are still volunteers? That area of the club should not be left to volunteers imo. There needs to be a professional setup within the club that is able to cope with running a match day programme.
I think you're being harsh on the commentary and the h-t interviews.

On the occasions I've watched, both of these things have been very good.

15 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The cutting edge is just pish boring filler content. Rather have an ex player interview and have them talk about the   Game so far than hear who the AU500 trustees favourite player was and talk about games for 50 years ago.

9 minutes ago, pandarilla said:

The commentary is pretty marmite to be fair but, have to agree it is better to have something at half time than nothing. It really depends on who the guest is week to week and it feels like they do try to find someone who can be linked to both clubs atleast. It is probably more relevant to the older fans than the younger ones as most the stories are from way before my time and I'm in my 30s. 

Have to give kudos to Lauren especially as she's got some excellent insight into the game and doesn't sound out of place at all. From my perspective she's up there with Andy Ritchie and the two lads at Raith in terms of quality of input. Callum has a few clangers here and there, for example it was a bit daft the way he leaped to Jordan Marshall's defence immediately when he caught Josh Todd and then made a jibe with Iain about him not being a looker anyway. In hindsight it probably wasn't the best joke to make at that time. He does atleast try to be impartial but can get a bit excitable at the smallest of things. No where near the worst in the league though. 

At the end of the day if the commentary isn't for you, you can either use the pixelott stream or turn the sound off. It is a bit like being offended by a TV show, there are other channels. 

Also want to give kudos to the B&W TV team as they are the only part of the club setup that has ever responded to an email I've sent. The hardest part this year has been seeing just how good other club setups are, alot of these will have been pulled together in a similar time frame and ran by volunteers. Morton and Raith stick out in particular in terms of what they offer. Would go as far to say Morton have been the gold standard as an overall package.

I really cannot stress to you how much I don’t rate Callum as a commentator. Lauren is pretty much carrying the whole thing on her back right now.

6 minutes ago, THEHonestman1910 said:

VOR says that Hopkin is looking to push for an emergency back up keeper, today.

Fucking great. I’ll give our present back up a chance, but he sold a goal while his kicking was also atrocious against Arbroath so not exactly hopeful. 

Getting Doohan in was really the only way to stop this situation being a complete disaster.

Edit - VOR doesn’t actually use the word backup. Hopefully my wild over reaction for the day! 

Edited by No_Problemo

19 hours ago, rb123! said:

Every Ayr United fan going into complete meltdown

Ayr United official communications to supporters: 

tumbleweed GIF

It wasn't official until Aston Villa confirmed the extent of the injury and the termination of the loan deal at 4.30pm. 

It wasn't official until Aston Villa confirmed the extent of the injury and the termination of the loan deal at 4.30pm. 
Well that's when we should all first have found out rather than someone leaking it to VOR.

3 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
9 minutes ago, Kitty_Boy said:

Well that's when we should all first have found out rather than someone leaking it to VOR.

Loose lips sink ships, you can't blame the lad running the twitter for that as he only does as directed. The leak didn't even come from VoR it came from one of the Bellrock lads. 

I really cannot stress to you how much I don’t rate Callum as a commentator. Lauren is pretty much carrying the whole thing on her back right now.
Pretty much my view and a lot of others I know too. As soon as the game starts, mute. It's an absolute cringe fest. It's been the same for years. I remember messaging them way back in 14/15 season or something to ask if they could be clearer with who is actually on the ball, and I got a rude, dismissive response.

Who knows what the future of the streaming service will actually be, and maybe we've not invested heavily in it because it won't be available in the same capacity next season. I imagine if there's fans allowed back, live footage might be prohibited again.

Loose lips sink ships, you can't blame the lad running the twitter for that as he only does as directed. The leak didn't even come from VoR it came from one of the Bellrock lads. 
Yeah I am in no way having a go at Kitty_Boy, he's done exactly what was asked of him. The issue is with the unprofessional outlook it gives when local journos are tweeting about vital information.

15 minutes ago, Ayr23 said:
21 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Yeah I am in no way having a go at Kitty_Boy, he's done exactly what was asked of him. The issue is with the unprofessional outlook it gives when local journos are tweeting about vital information.

Is that not what a journalists job is though , he gets rumours/info publishes it and then up to club to officially announce or deny , 

6 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

Is that not what a journalists job is though , he gets rumours/info publishes it and then up to club to officially announce or deny , 

It is, however we went through a spell where Voice of Reason was feeding off scraps under Kerr. He didn't have anything before it was on the official site. We've gone back to how it was before.

I'm not that precious either way tbqh.

I'm more irked about no official communication on the stream quality that has been going backwards for weeks now.

1 hour ago, Hawk89 said:

The commentary is pretty marmite to be fair but, have to agree it is better to have something at half time than nothing. It really depends on who the guest is week to week and it feels like they do try to find someone who can be linked to both clubs atleast. It is probably more relevant to the older fans than the younger ones as most the stories are from way before my time and I'm in my 30s. 

I'm in the same boat with this.  My old man comes over to watch the games every Saturday and he really enjoys these segments and I like hearing about all these great players and games that happened well before my time.  As sentimental as it sounds, I think that's a nice thing to share for those of us whose family have connections to supporting Ayr.  

As for the commentary, it's a bit hit and miss.  Callum can get a bit over excited which can be grating but it's not the end of the world.  Lauren is excellent, I think she offers a good insight into the tactics of the game without the hyperbolic nonsense we get on BT and Sky Sports these days.  

Edited by super_carson

1 minute ago, Trogdor said:

It is, however we went through a spell where Voice of Reason was feeding off scraps under Kerr. He didn't have anything before it was on the official site. We've gone back to how it was before.

I'm not that precious either way tbqh.

I'm more irked about no official communication on the stream quality that has been going backwards for weeks now.

Totally correct on streaming issues , and yes it is very interesting that VOR got next to no exclusives during Kerr’s reign but all of a sudden he’s in the know long before anyone else