The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

14 minutes ago, rgreig said:

The most frustrating thing is the lack of improvement over the season. Basic technical things are poor - there is no excuse for not being able to deliver a high resolution stream at a good frame rate, particularly after having months to sort it out.

Camera position may be harder but I still don't really see why it is impossible to resolve given that no fans are in the ground.

The fact that the club isn't pushing to get this resolved does look like weak management - this is the only way supporters get to see their team therefore they need to realise how important it is.

I agree 100%. 

<I typed out a whole moan before deleting it. The bottom line is that Ayr fans have been poorly served for years and crucially have been failed this season.>

By being involved instead of walking away a few seasons ago I'm complicit as well. Thoroughly disheartening.

21 minutes ago, rb123! said:

So do we reckon we're going to get someone in or just go with what we've got until the end of the season????

Get the feeling it is go with what we've got, believe we were knocked back from Doohan when we brought in Urminsky?

If streaming is going to continue, and I think it might, then the club need to invest in a decent service and package it well enough for folk to pay for it.

I don’t go to many away games but have paid to stream every one this season and I wonder how many clubs are up on away fan streams as opposed to away fan gate money.

There are away games I wouldn’t miss but there are also away games I have no intention of going to. 

2 minutes ago, Hawk89 said:

Get the feeling it is go with what we've got, believe we were knocked back from Doohan when we brought in Urminsky?

That was round the time Lennon left, maybe wanting a new manager to decide on it. Might be different now. 

10 minutes ago, wuffster said:

By being involved instead of walking away a few seasons ago I'm complicit as well. Thoroughly disheartening.

The highlights package is first class. Imagine what it would be like if you weren't involved.

You are on record as offering help and advice and it fell on deaf ears. As such, you're certainly not complicit. 

It’s getting to the point of the week when I just think f**k it and get the stream anyway, particularly with it being so important. However, with nothing released from the club yet about how poor the service was during the week (and it’s never exactly brilliant) I won’t be getting it, and I’ll ensure they are aware of that when the match is advertised. 

30 minutes ago, wuffster said:

I agree 100%. 

<I typed out a whole moan before deleting it. The bottom line is that Ayr fans have been poorly served for years and crucially have been failed this season.>

Nah, don’t think your are at all to blame. The problems at the club go far deeper.

This social club and that is all positive news but the reality is the way we are being run is a complete shambles and it’s going to take a lot of work and effort to change that. We always seem to want to do things on the cheap and whatever requires least effort. 

Nah, don’t think your are at all to blame. The problems at the club go far deeper.
This social club and that is all positive news but the reality is the way we are being run is a complete shambles and it’s going to take a lot of work and effort to change that. We always seem to want to do things on the cheap and whatever requires least effort. 

Aye I think the job that Smith has taken on is huge which isn’t great when the job that Hopkin has taken on is also huge.

Both need to get certain things spot on for the club to progress. I’m fairly confident that Smith will see us right. Hopefully Hopkin can do similar.

9 hours ago, RedEd said:

They aren't behind a paywall. Not yet anyway.

They are. The fact you don’t need to pay yet is irrelevant.

We’ve taken what was free, widely accessible YouTube content and put it on our own platform that requires you to sign up and log in to watch.

20 minutes ago, Hazbart said:

We’ve taken what was free, widely accessible YouTube content and put it on our own platform that requires you to sign up and log in to watch.

The fact that they use the YouTube technology and format but then have it behind what will be a paywall is ridiculous. I have emailed the club a few times and not got a response as I feel it will push fans away. They see it as a revenue stream I don’t 

It’s not behind a paywall if you don’t need to pay to access it.

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

It’s not behind a paywall if you don’t need to pay to access it.

It’s a technicality. Yes it’s not being charged at present but the system is a paywall system.

it’s like saying Netflix isn’t a paid for service whilst your on your 7 day free trial.

anyway what we call it is irrelevant, it’s still a massive OG by the club, even if it does remain free for ever. The quality is honking.

It’s a technicality. Yes it’s not being charged at present but the system is a paywall system.
it’s like saying Netflix isn’t a paid for service whilst your on your 7 day free trial.
anyway what we call it is irrelevant, it’s still a massive OG by the club, even if it does remain free for ever. The quality is honking.

I agree with the club putting highlights and interviews behind a paywall. People need to realise that the bigger clubs do it as they try and utilise any way to bring money into the club and it’s yet another thing we need to do.

The OG lies with the club being so painfully ill equipped to deal with the live streaming of matches. In fact the whole thing of match days from watching the match, to the commentary, to the absolute borefest that is the half time thing whatever they call it is done really, really badly. Am I right in saying that the AU media team are still volunteers? That area of the club should not be left to volunteers imo. There needs to be a professional setup within the club that is able to cope with running a match day programme.

5 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I agree with the club putting highlights and interviews behind a paywall. People need to realise that the bigger clubs do it as they try and utilise any way to bring money into the club and it’s yet another thing we need to do.

The OG lies with the club being so painfully ill equipped to deal with the live streaming of matches. In fact the whole thing of match days from watching the match, to the commentary, to the absolute borefest that is the half time thing whatever they call it is done really, really badly. Am I right in saying that the AU media team are still volunteers? That area of the club should not be left to volunteers imo. There needs to be a professional setup within the club that is able to cope with running a match day programme.

I would have no issue with it being behind a paywall if it was an improvement on the free service.

what they have done is take a free service that was relatively good and made it worse.

I hear what you are saying regarding volunteers running what should be a professional set up but realistically it would

cost the club £30k+ A year to put a professional set up in place. I’d be utterly amazed if it would Generate that kind of income.

If there was a paywall, where you got exclusive content like player/ex player interviews and highlights from midnight Saturday before they were made available on Youtube midnight Sunday. Maybe the ability to watch the full match back then it would be worth it.

Having manager interviews behind a paywall are pointless if the summary is available on Twitter via the voice of reason 2 hours before the video is available. 

43 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

I think we're too big to justify an amateur operation but too small to justify a professional one. If that makes sense?