The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

In this instance it probably isn’t even up to Ayr what happens. Villa will decide best course of action for the player and if they’ve said he needs to go back down then there’s nothing we can do. Either he is genuinely injured or Sinisalo has packed it in and Villa have let him do what he likes. Either way it’s another hurdle for the club to get over and only adds to the sort of “doomed to relegation” type of feel.

I assume the Lee Robinson shouts are a wind up or at least I hope they are.

6 minutes ago, bazka6 said:

No harm to Robbo but if he was injured he could’ve just said so - no breach of confidentiality there. Either way he’s gone so yet another blow to our chances.

He picked up injury on Wednesday and did not know the extent of it until examined, I don’t give information before club ,maybe some teasers but certainly would not name players or disclose fitness situations before press has been notified , that’s why I at no stage said he was injured

Edited by Robbo63

3 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

He picked up injury on Wednesday and did not know the extent of it until examined, I don’t give information before club ,maybe some teasers but certainly would not name players or disclose fitness situations before press has been notified , that’s why I at no stage said he was injured

Sorry for causing you issues mate. You do a great job and keep us informed 

6 minutes ago, D'Jaffo said:

In this instance it probably isn’t even up to Ayr what happens. Villa will decide best course of action for the player and if they’ve said he needs to go back down then there’s nothing we can do. Either he is genuinely injured or Sinisalo has packed it in and Villa have let him do what he likes. Either way it’s another hurdle for the club to get over and only adds to the sort of “doomed to relegation” type of feel.

I assume the Lee Robinson shouts are a wind up or at least I hope they are.

The club has said nothing yet so presume they're waiting to announce replacement at the same time, *cough Lee Robinson*

One last point I’d make which I’ve been thinking about for a few days. Imo this is the least enjoyable season I’ve had supporting Ayr for a good few years. And I’m including the past few seasons where we’ve ended up relegated from the Championship or almost relegated from League One. Even in those seasons there was something to hold onto or be excited about or even a result or two that you could look back on and say “that was a great game” Whether it was getting to a semi final at Hampden or beating Hibs at Easter Road with a late Brian Gilmour goal. Even if McCalls first half season there was results we got in the run in that were decent days out and where we played really well.

There’s been absolutely zero to be happy or excited about this season. Even the games we’ve won have been damp squibs and I think that’s been in part due to not being in the ground. The only time I’ve been close to happy this season is beating Dundee a few weeks ago but that has quickly vanished. No cup run to be excited about and not really any individual player to look forward to watching. Even when we were shite in League One we had a young Alan Forrest that was always likely to ping a 25 yarder in or do something special. The mad thing is we might not even end up going down but it’ll still have been a total shitemare of a season. I won’t be buzzing if we stay up given the huge overhaul that needs to happen to sort this team out and the amount of uncertainty over how good a job Hopkin can actually go in that regard.

Rant, or whatever that was, over.

Nah, you’re right . What a season we’re having. Enjoyed it a lot. 
What are you on about?

We're having a dreadful season but how the f**k is spouting conspiracy theories and creating a drama on social media going to help?

If you don’t think this is a time to panic and that this is an utter mess, then I don’t think you ever will. 
Aye, cos panicking is always a good option when faced with a shite situation.

Hopefully the club are reacting better to this than you pair are.

Just now, pandarilla said:

What are you on about?

We're having a dreadful season but how the f**k is spouting conspiracy theories and creating a drama on social media going to help?

😂 I’m not entirely sure supporters panicking has any impact on the situation. 

No adequate goalkeeper, leaky defence, no goal scorers and potentially no adequate attacking midfielders. One point off the playoffs. Nothing to panic about. 

Hopkin is paid to react to shite situations so I’d imagine he’ll be fine. There’s every chance he’s known about this since yesterday when he got injured and is doing something about it.

I have to say I don’t think Sinisalo going is as much a disaster as McCowan being out would be. No doubt he’s a great goalie but the amount of chances our defence gives away there’s no way he could keep us up himself. The issue lies firmly with our inability to score goals and if that isn’t corrected then it won’t matter who’s in goals. We just have to hope Urminsky doesn’t start chucking them in.

1 minute ago, D'Jaffo said:

One last point I’d make which I’ve been thinking about for a few days. Imo this is the least enjoyable season I’ve had supporting Ayr for a good few years. And I’m including the past few seasons where we’ve ended up relegated from the Championship or almost relegated from League One. Even in those seasons there was something to hold onto or be excited about or even a result or two that you could look back on and say “that was a great game” Whether it was getting to a semi final at Hampden or beating Hibs at Easter Road with a late Brian Gilmour goal. Even if McCalls first half season there was results we got in the run in that were decent days out and where we played really well.

There’s been absolutely zero to be happy or excited about this season. Even the games we’ve won have been damp squibs and I think that’s been in part due to not being in the ground. The only time I’ve been close to happy this season is beating Dundee a few weeks ago but that has quickly vanished. No cup run to be excited about and not really any individual player to look forward to watching. Even when we were shite in League One we had a young Alan Forrest that was always likely to ping a 25 yarder in or do something special. The mad thing is we might not even end up going down but it’ll still have been a total shitemare of a season. I won’t be buzzing if we stay up given the huge overhaul that needs to happen to sort this team out and the amount of uncertainty over how good a job Hopkin can actually go in that regard.

Rant, or whatever that was, over.

Been a very unusual season , not being there has been the hardest part of it , if crowds were allowed in I believe it would have been totally different season not just for us but everyone , and hopefully when allowed back in next season we don’t go through anything resembling this 

Well, that was fun reading over the last 50 posts or so - as someone said - comedy gold!!!

All I can say is get this entire season in the bin ASAP - just as long as we finish 8th or above.

For what it’s worth, I think us and Arbroath will avoid the playoff and Morton are doomed.

At least we know what we have to do now for the remainder of the season and that is park the bus, close our eyes, cross our fingers and start praying [emoji120]

Can we still get emergency loans now or are we stuck with a loan from St Mirren and a youth keeper?

it is times of crisis that galvanises teams, like Clydebank, Hearts, Dundee, Airdrie....I fear it won’t galvanise us and all this clusterfuck will be used as an excuse to blame our relegation on rather than put any real effort in to staying up.

I've finally done the right thing and said I'll no be back in the stadium this season, various things happened on Tuesday that had me near losing my shit at our players, manager and James McPake.  It was also very hard to stop myself on Saturday too.  Not a good look in an empty stadium, I'm better in the house. 

I've finally done the right thing and said I'll no be back in the stadium this season, various things happened on Tuesday that had me near losing my shit at our players, manager and James McPake.  It was also very hard to stop myself on Saturday too.  Not a good look in an empty stadium, I'm better in the house. 

Ok, that’s the teaser out the way - spill all!!!

McPake is a w****r tbf. As is Dave Mackay.

2 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

It seems there is certainly no love lost between Hopkin and McPake. 

2 minutes ago, AUFC 1910 said:

Ok, that’s the teaser out the way - spill all!!!

McPake was laughing at our players getting injured and otherwise being himself.  I was highly tempted to jump down and kick his c**t in. 

7 minutes ago, itzdrk said:

McPake was laughing at our players getting injured and otherwise being himself.  I was highly tempted to jump down and kick his c**t in. 

I know he refused his medical staff helping out with the Todd incident, actually called him back as he was on way to assist and said it’s not our issue they have their own doctor 

Edited by Robbo63