The Ultimate Super Ayr Thread

7 hours ago, D'Jaffo said:

I hope Aero gives an absolute kicking to Tom Walsh for not just taking his chance to score.

I'm begining to think Walsh has signed a pre season contract with one of the following

Morton, Arbroath, Alloa, Falkirk or Partick.

He has been poorer than poor for us.

What would it have been like if there had been fans in last night when he shit his pants (again).

I'm begining to think Walsh has signed a pre season contract with one of the following
Morton, Arbroath, Alloa, Falkirk or Partick.
He has been poorer than poor for us.
What would it have been like if there had been fans in last night when he shit his pants (again).
He's probably away back to ICT. Nice wee cosy season close to home. I don't think there will be any Prem teams knocking down his door.

4 hours ago, diegomarahenry said:

Muirhead moved back from Midfield to man mark Baird? 

No use man marking Baird, better man marking Baird's man as sure as f**k Baird won't be!

3 hours ago, pandarilla said:

4 points out if the 4 games should be fine (as long as we don't lose to Arbroath).

Saturday is a cup final - but there are other chances so we can't lose the head.

Keep calm, and find a way to get the points we need.

Aye, I'm maybe panicking a bit too early but that was brutal.

11 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Tall about life kicking you when you're down. Popped into Girvan earlier and saw the bold Tom Walsh about 4 times. As if I needed reminded of him after last nights "chance" 

That epitomises the shitebag nature of this team for me. I can take a bit of responsibility and shoot or pass it off to someone else. He's not been shot shy all season and he gets a glorious chance and passes it to no-one. Into the sea with him!

Edited by Trogdor
Damn auto correct

13 minutes ago, Thereisalight.. said:

Tall about life kicking you when you're down. Popped into Girvan earlier and saw the bold Tom Walsh about 4 times. As if I needed reminded of him after last nights "chance" 

Missing a chance happens, can't hold grudges about that or blame a player for missing a penalty like a few folk did with Moore. 

Not saying Walsh is as bad as Zanatta but I can hold a grudge against players who take money from the club and give nothing in return. 

8 hours ago, No_Problemo said:

While I completely agree, there aren’t really any other options now. Unless we decide to play Zanatta. 

Zanatta has left from what i've heard, and although people will say "good", it's not really

With McCowan and Todd out for the season seemingly, we have one winger in the squad.

Tom Walsh......

Down to the bare bones, means Joe Chalmers or Murdoch will need to play on the wing

2 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Zanatta has left from what i've heard, and although people will say "good", it's not really

With McCowan and Todd out for the season seemingly, we have one winger in the squad.

Tom Walsh......

Down to the bare bones, means Joe Chalmers or Murdoch will need to play on the wing

Ayr fans do seem to have a fascination with wingers , this is one of the reasons we are in such deep shit . Trying to carry too many piano players in a team with not enough piano lifters . Let’s forget about them for a wee while . Nothing wrong with going in with a right and left half . Murdoch on the right and slow Joe on the left , Aero and Batjanos in the middle ....

Pick players who will be here next season or who want to be here next season and give them the responsibility of deciding which league we are going to be playing in . Four games to go , no prisoners. 

11 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Tom Walsh......

Push Reading forward (did he not play as a left winger for U21s?). Put Ndaba back to left back and Aero in alongside Captain Marvel in defense.

16 minutes ago, rb123! said:

Tom Walsh......

McCowan was seen by doctor after game and seemingly everything was ok with him , Todd potential broken nose , as for Zanatta there is no way he should be out on the pitch representing us again this season , do you honestly think he would put in any effort , I certainly don’t 

Edited by Robbo63

1 hour ago, diegomarahenry said:

Missing a chance happens, can't hold grudges about that or blame a player for missing a penalty like a few folk did with Moore. 

Not saying Walsh is as bad as Zanatta but I can hold a grudge against players who take money from the club and give nothing in return. 

What I'd give for Moore to be playing just now.

Not everyones favourite but he never hides and give his all.

14 minutes ago, Pick that one out Marshall said:

What I'd give for Moore to be playing just now.

Not everyones favourite but he never hides and give his all.

Craig Moore is pretty popular with the support. Aside from him injury record, I've not really heard much criticism.

He has a great attitude as well and kicked Buchannan in the nuts. So he's a good guy in my book. 👌

3 minutes ago, Trogdor said:

Craig Moore is pretty popular with the support. Aside from him injury record, I've not really heard much criticism.

He has a great attitude as well and kicked Buchannan in the nuts. So he's a good guy in my book. 👌

I think his injury record is the only reason why some may not want to see him hear next year, but you can’t fault his goals to games ratio.  Has to be one of the most unlucky lads in Scottish football with the freak injuries he gets.  As has been said by others  he’s a grafter that never went hiding. Forget he’s only 26 as well...

54 minutes ago, Robbo63 said:

McCowan was seen by doctor after game and seemingly everything was ok with him , Todd potential broken nose , as for Zanatta there is no way he should be out on the pitch representing us again this season , do you honestly think he would put in any effort , I certainly don’t 

The vast majority of the squad lack effort and are utter shitebags. 

Edited by ayrunitedfw

18 minutes ago, UpInTheAyr said:

I would keep Moore only if we end up in league 1. Not sure how he would fit in with Hoppy ball anyway.

Would work well in a two man attack with a big aerial threat alongside him to hold the ball up and knock it down to him

1 minute ago, rb123! said:

Would work well in a two man attack with a big aerial threat alongside him to hold the ball up and knock it down to him

Yeah I'd agree with that.  He's a good penalty box striker but needs someone to get the ball to his feet - he'd do well playing off a big target man.  Moffat was good at this when we won League One, it was just a shame we never found a way to get Moore, Shankland and Moffat working together.  

Ayr fans do seem to have a fascination with wingers , this is one of the reasons we are in such deep shit . Trying to carry too many piano players in a team with not enough piano lifters . Let’s forget about them for a wee while . Nothing wrong with going in with a right and left half . Murdoch on the right and slow Joe on the left , Aero and Batjanos in the middle ....
Pick players who will be here next season or who want to be here next season and give them the responsibility of deciding which league we are going to be playing in . Four games to go , no prisoners. 
I love the old piano analogy!

Murdoch seems to be needing a hand to carry his share these days, and there's not much help being offered.

Or we change shape to 3-5-2. Ndaba, Baird and Muirhead as back 3, with Muirhead as sweeper, pushing Reading and Houston to wingback. Any 3 from Murdoch, Barjonas, Chalmers, Miller, Todd in midfield with Wright and McCowan up top, assuming Luke is fit.
We are struggling for bodies in certain areas and I'm not convinced we have the players to use a conventional 4-4-2. The 4-2-3-1 hasn't worked all season so we might as well try something different anyway. Yes, it's risky this late in the season, but what's the alternative?